Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386550 times)

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1305 on: June 15, 2012, 06:18:21 AM »
For the record, I want BALA or someone else from USA or Mexico to win Evo. I don't want Japan or China to win. I want to wake up the next morning after Evo to know that I'm living in a continent (or hemisphere) that has one the best KOFXIII players in the world. No disrespect to any players living the east, but I think it's time that the west proves to everyone that we are strong in a KOF game.

That would be great. It's even greater to know it's more feasible than ever; having a (North) American win at EVO is nearly as satisfying as KOF finally being at EVO. But right now I don't like the anti-climatic feeling from others that BALA's already got EVO won. Part of the fun of EVO has been surprise; who might pull an upset and how. The ideal hype builder for XIII at EVO for me would probably be Xiaohai takes BALA, but then Reynald takes Xiaohai in GF.

But overall, may the best nation(s) produce great players, and may the best player win.

Most people are saying Bala's got Evo because he's been so dominant this year winning every US major he's attended. We'll see what happens at CEO though.

I would like to have more confidence in some of the legends of previous KoF's but they're performances at other tournaments was a bit lack luster. They have really good fundamentals but they haven't adapted to KoFXIII's system and nuances so they're still in a transitioning phase. If they continue to train up for Evo we might get something really interesting.

Also, even though people are saying Bala's got Evo there are so many international players attending that there might be some hidden talent(s) that might take everyone by surprise. It's definitely something to look forward to.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1306 on: June 15, 2012, 06:33:18 AM »

Also, even though people are saying Bala's got Evo there are so many international players attending that there might be some hidden talent(s) that might take everyone by surprise. It's definitely something to look forward to.

Yeah, that's the second thing I'm hoping to see is some no names come out of the woodwork and do really well and surprise people. Every game in almost every major tournament has at least a few unknown players that will take many people by surprise, so I hope Evo brings that in KOF.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 15, 2012, 09:40:59 AM »
Anything can happen. If the last few EVOs are anything to go by, crazy stuff is more than likely.

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: June 15, 2012, 09:52:27 AM »
Though I'm quite partial to the thought of BALA taking EVO, I am really excited to see all these players meet and show what they can do. If BALA gets beaten, that'd be a shame. But at least I'll know with all the talent to be shown at EVO, he put up a hell of a fight.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 15, 2012, 10:53:59 AM »
Some of the SoCal players showed up as well so they were cheering.

Also, I think it's pretty low that you want to see Bala get DQ'd during Evo. I can understand people wanting an upset because Bala's been so dominant this year but if he's going to lose I'd rather see him lose fair and square. Bala doesn't do anything (besides winning) to warrant that kind of attitude.

I just want to see the best possible matches at Evo and I don't care who it is that gives me those crazy matches.

Don't get me wrong. I want an American or European to win EVO too. That will send another message to SNKp to forget Japan and focus on other markets by delivering better online experience. I just don't like it when you are at the finals and everyone and their mom are cheering against you. How are you supposed to play at your full?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 10:55:57 AM by Eripio69 »

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 15, 2012, 11:01:14 AM »
I just don't like it when you are at the finals and everyone and their mom are cheering against you. How are you supposed to play at your full?

No way to avoid it, its part of any competitive entrainment, that is a normal part of any world famous sports.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 15, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »
No problem with the crowd since they could be as partial as they want since they are not part of the tournament organizers

My problem is when the friggin commentary does it

Waifu Material

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: June 15, 2012, 02:19:44 PM »
Some of the SoCal players showed up as well so they were cheering.

Also, I think it's pretty low that you want to see Bala get DQ'd during Evo. I can understand people wanting an upset because Bala's been so dominant this year but if he's going to lose I'd rather see him lose fair and square. Bala doesn't do anything (besides winning) to warrant that kind of attitude.

I just want to see the best possible matches at Evo and I don't care who it is that gives me those crazy matches.

Don't get me wrong. I want an American or European to win EVO too. That will send another message to SNKp to forget Japan and focus on other markets by delivering better online experience. I just don't like it when you are at the finals and everyone and their mom are cheering against you. How are you supposed to play at your full?

I'm guessing you've never watched a Daigo match?

USA USA USA!

They even start cheering for Justin if he's playing against Daigo lol.

You gotta be able to deal with it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:49:32 PM by Diavle »

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: June 15, 2012, 06:44:30 PM »
Crowd is a fickle thing. They'll just as easily boo off Justin if he's going up against a black horse.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 16, 2012, 01:28:52 AM »
No problem with the crowd since they could be as partial as they want since they are not part of the tournament organizers

My problem is when the friggin commentary does it

quoted, bolded and underscored for the truth.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: June 16, 2012, 01:43:28 AM »
CEO starts today.

Word is Bala bodied Mago in casuals.

Mago seems to be using Karate, Hwa and EX Iori. Very similar to Tokido.

Commentators said Mago is the one who taught Tokido how to play KOF. They said he has apparently been putting a lot of time into XIII, moreso than many other asian players.

NissanZaxima

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: June 16, 2012, 02:31:26 AM »
Whats going on people, about time I join this forum since this is pretty much the only fighting game I play now. Has killed all other fighters for me.

Anyways the KOF scene up here in the Northwest (Seattle specifically) is pretty decent and getting bigger. We are convincing more and more people to play the game and to stick with it. Our weeklies in Lynwood (like 20 minutes North of Seattle) have been getting around 12 man tournies every week. It is almost double of the 2nd most popular game (Marvel, SF4, and SKullgirls usually only get about 6 players a tourney). I know 12 isn't huge but for a weekly it is pretty decent.

The other week we had like a spur of the moment tourney at one of the players houses and got like 22 entrants I think (not including me I had to work  :( ).

Pumped that this game is one of the most popular games at my scene. Anyways you will be hearing more from me, nice to meet you all.
Seattle KOF

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 16, 2012, 03:23:43 AM »
Do you post in the UMVC3 ott Season 2 thread?

You use Hwa, right?

Welcome to the board!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 04:01:55 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: June 16, 2012, 04:08:32 AM »
Whats going on people, about time I join this forum since this is pretty much the only fighting game I play now. Has killed all other fighters for me.

Anyways the KOF scene up here in the Northwest (Seattle specifically) is pretty decent and getting bigger. We are convincing more and more people to play the game and to stick with it. Our weeklies in Lynwood (like 20 minutes North of Seattle) have been getting around 12 man tournies every week. It is almost double of the 2nd most popular game (Marvel, SF4, and SKullgirls usually only get about 6 players a tourney). I know 12 isn't huge but for a weekly it is pretty decent.

The other week we had like a spur of the moment tourney at one of the players houses and got like 22 entrants I think (not including me I had to work  :( ).

Pumped that this game is one of the most popular games at my scene. Anyways you will be hearing more from me, nice to meet you all.

About time you got your ass over here.  Prepare to learn.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

NissanZaxima

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 16, 2012, 04:24:21 AM »
Do you post in the UMVC3 ott Season 2 thread?

You use Hwa, right?

Welcome to the board!

I am in training mode with Hwa right now, trying to replace Kula with him. IDK though, Kula has been doing really well for me lately. So I probably wont put Hwa on the main team for a month or two. I suck with him right now lol.

About time you got your ass over here.  Prepare to learn.

Haha for sure man. I have been learning a lot lately and in the past month or so have really stepped up my game. Still have a long ways to go but thats ok, I will be playing this game exclusively for a long time thanks to the great scene we have up here in the Northwest.

Seattle KOF