Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 389349 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1440 on: June 25, 2012, 05:24:27 AM »
For that, they'd need a US branch.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1441 on: June 25, 2012, 10:31:34 AM »
There is a US branch.

Or was.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 25, 2012, 01:19:51 PM »
I swear, people care more about the hype of new shit than actually playing the game.

That's just an assumption and I think your judgement is a bit out of place here. Yes' there are people who are only about the hype but there are passionate people who play the game regularly and are looking forward for what's coming.

On a side note: didnt one of the developers go to EVO last year?

kofoguz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 25, 2012, 01:59:43 PM »
First things first, just because something takes longer, doesn't automatically make it harder.  Now I'm not a graphic designer, and from the sounds of it, neither are you, and I doubt Killey is so I don't think ANYONE should comment on whether any way is "easy" or not.

And secondly, I doubt SNKP really cares about EVo, so why people assume that they would magically make an announcement around it astounds me.  If we get ANY sort of announcement, it'd be at TGS, and even then I really wish people would shut up hoping for new shit all the time.  I swear, people care more about the hype of new shit than actually playing the game.

I disagree. Getting the product quicker is the part of the easy way.  Bothering with each sprite for months IMHO is not the way of saying lets not bother with hardwork. Anyway I do like how skullgirls look. And it kinda look easier to me. None of us designing stuff so I agree let's not argue deeply about that.

Like Tyrant says it is an assumption that (at least for me), I'm all about hype and not to play. Unfortunately I dont have neither Ps3 nor 360 andI refuse to play bootleg so I couldnt have played XIII/Climax yet. Shame. But My friend and I still play 02UM and XI. When we get hands on XIII/Climax We'll play the shit out of it. Even if we have XIV then.
Anyway high anticipation of mine comes from the concern and excitement of XIII's succes and company's path. There's so many possibilities and concerns, one cannot help to wonder what will be next.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 04:24:05 PM by kofoguz »

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 25, 2012, 03:13:49 PM »
^ SNKp is a company and they are not blind. They can easily see that KOF market is shifting to the western countries. I think there will be an SNK representative at EVo. I won't hold my breath for a new announcment though

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 25, 2012, 03:23:54 PM »
I'm sure that SNKP care about evo, between last year panel and the fact that the blog aknowledged that KOF was selected for evo, I doubt that they don't care for the event

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 25, 2012, 05:06:13 PM »
There is a US branch.

Or was.

I figured SNK had one but SNKP didn't.  Would love to be wrong about all of it.

I have to be the one to play Devil's Advocate, because no one else will.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 25, 2012, 05:09:51 PM »
There is a US branch but is like, really irrelevant at this point

Waifu Material

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 25, 2012, 05:12:41 PM »
lol so many people got offended over the sprite comments. Between the two methods of doing HD sprites it's definitely easier to do a 3D model first and then trace over it after wards. I read that KoFXII sprites were hand drawn hence it took them 6+ months to do one character. This is why they shifted to the 3D model method to help cut down the time it took to do a sprite. I'm not implying that one way is better than the other.

As far as a new KoF is concerned, I doubt we would get an official announcement so soon but maybe an unofficial comment of some sort. In any case it would still take a few years of development maybe before we would see it. I'm perfectly content with letting KoFXIII ride for a few years because the game is solid enough that it can survive and not have a new rendition of it once a year like SF4, MvC3, and most likely SFxT.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:31:22 PM by Killey »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 25, 2012, 06:22:48 PM »
I don't care for the method, just the presentation

As an example, BB and Persona sprites had higher resolutions than KOF XIII, but in the end, SNKP made the sprites in such a way that they feel more natural than other games

Some 3d games are good looking imo, like marvel 3

Waifu Material

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: June 25, 2012, 09:47:29 PM »
Evo pools are up!!!

Everyone who is going should check out pool D41, it's got Xiaohai and Mad_Kof in it!!  I'll be sure to be there to capture the footage if nobody does.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1451 on: June 25, 2012, 10:51:07 PM »
I read that KoFXII sprites were hand drawn hence it took them 6+ months to do one character. This is why they shifted to the 3D model method to help cut down the time it took to do a sprite. I'm not implying that one way is better than the other.

KOFXII's sprites were done using 3D models then they were converted to 2D sprites.

Using that method it took them nearly a year for 1 character.

Arc System Works sprites on the other hand, sure they are higher resolution and maybe even look nicer, but they cut alot of corners when it comes to animation.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 04:04:54 AM by Running Wild »

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 25, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »
I'm in Kaoru's pool at Evo but he's in the upper half of the pool so I wouldn't play him unless I reached winner finals.

KOFXII's sprites were done using 3D models then they were converted to 2D sprites.

Using that method it took them nearly a year for 1 character.

Arc System Works sprites on the other hand, sure they are higher resolution and maybe even looker nicer, but they cut alot of corners when it comes to animation.

Yeah, the amount of frames of animation in each KoF sprite is incredible. A lot of subtle things like characters brushing their hair to the side after an attack, etc...

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 25, 2012, 11:36:20 PM »

@Saitsuofleaves: What your doing is, I think is good for the forum (playing the devils advocate as you would say). I think too much positive energy is not good for some people at least; once they get knocked down hard some people dont recover. I think staying between optimism and pessimism is the right thing to do which to say is being realistic; when you get knocked down just try to get up, atleast try.

Sorry got carried away philosophically there.

On the sprites topic. I like the modern KoF sprites best really, didnt like the animeish sprites of BB since GG; funny thing is I bought KoF XII because of the sprites and how cool they look. I dont care how they make them as long as they are good and they are sprites. Personally I prefer sprites over 3d or 2.5d.

kofoguz: got a PC? If you do, thats another reason it should come to PC.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 25, 2012, 11:43:45 PM »
What's with the majority of people who play runaway with shoto characters online? Even when they lose bad they continue the same old runaway tactics. I don't get it.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.