Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 389450 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1455 on: June 26, 2012, 12:18:14 AM »
Put yourself in that situation, what else will you do if you don't know anything about the game?

Plus since there will probably be a bit of delay, those tactics could help them a bit

Waifu Material

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 26, 2012, 12:23:10 AM »
Put yourself in that situation, what else will you do if you don't know anything about the game?

Go into training mode for half an hour and figure out the basics like in every fighter?
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 26, 2012, 12:30:42 AM »

Go into training mode for half an hour and figure out the basics like in every fighter?

Lots of online players just search the easy win, or even are not that interested in learning more the game

I don't know how active is this game online at least

Waifu Material

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: June 26, 2012, 12:39:50 AM »
Honestly, i don't think figuring out how to play kofxiii coming from sf4 will take just 30 minutes, you've got to rethink movement completely and adapt to the pacing etc. The one thing that they will find fairly consistent at first is pretty much bound to be projectile zoning. I'm fine with it since i am obviously bad at dealing with projectiles and need the practice.

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 26, 2012, 12:47:48 AM »
i spent a good 2-3 weeks doing training mode really hard  before i hopped online. i wanted to atleast have some basic stuff down before i tried to put up a fight.

i will play runaway if the opponent has a huge life lead, while i have just a hair left, to run out the timer as much as possible.

kofoguz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 26, 2012, 01:30:25 AM »
I do,yes and it really should come to PC though I'm not that much PC Gamer. And I think it should come to Wii U, too. I got wii, and probably got wii U, too.

At the end of this month I'll be going İstanbul and there will be a KoF XIII tournament. I think I'll be checking Athena first then will find two more to make my team. Andy and Kensou looks like the possible candidates. Or Shen and Joe. Who know I will click with. LoL Only got 1 day to practice. When video it I will upload it :D

About devil's advocate. In a recent interview SNK said that they were thinking about a new project (they hinted a fighter). This was one or two months ago so by the time after EVO or at TGS they will likely to announce something. I think nex year they would like to continue riding EVO hype train I'm not holding my breath. But intrigued with  near future.

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #1461 on: June 26, 2012, 01:46:33 AM »
I do,yes and it really should come to PC

Sorry, but PC HAS NO FIGHTING GAMES

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 26, 2012, 02:48:47 AM »
There are tons of good doujin games at this moment (like vanguard princess, akatsuki, and some other that slip from my mind) plus the chinese kof 97 rip off which looks really good

And stretching it a little, at this point for me the whole neo geo and cps games are considered ''pc'' for me

Waifu Material

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 26, 2012, 03:26:18 AM »
PC's got several fighters, just nothing that is as popular as it might be on console I think. I'd welcome KOF13 on PC (official release), but I'd wonder how it'd do.

Also wonder how many of the shoto fighters Louis complained about are the ones that watch the SoCal, Runback, and other streams with mid-to-high level play. I though part of the fun of fighters in-general was learning how to play it, and then executing things. Part of me wishes there could be an option for giving players auto-feedback, like "please try hopping/GCAB/rolling/DC'ing/etc next time." Would be abused, but stuff like that might get people to realize it's there.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: June 26, 2012, 04:39:44 AM »
In my experience online if you tell someone what they're doing wrong and they didn't specifically ask you for feedback they will freak out and take it personal. Like 90% of the time that's happened to me. In person is a different story but online somehow people get deeply offended no matter what game it is.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 26, 2012, 04:55:08 AM »
I've never had a problem with that personally.  Not even for Marvel.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: June 26, 2012, 04:58:45 AM »
You must have better luck than me then.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 26, 2012, 05:46:34 AM »
I think LouisCipher should work on his attitude online.  This is what he sent me after playing a short set a few days ago.  At that time I thought he was just being salty, but now after reading all of this, I think there is something more going on.

In my opinion, if you want to offer feedback, do it in a friendly manner.  Calling people garbage is not going to get you anywhere.  You are only perpetuating the negative stereotypes of the FGC. 

I don't consider myself a high level player, but I'm far from being a scrub.  I made top 16 in civil war, ECT, and winterbrawl, and I recently won a ticket to evo through a local ranbat.  I've been a fan of kof since 95 and don't really play street fighter, so if he calls my gameplay is some sort of scrubby shoto runaway garbage, then I think there is a problem with his understanding of how kof is supposed to be played.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:00:51 AM by LazieFreddy »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 26, 2012, 06:28:05 AM »
Well okay dude, but why runaway the entire time? I don't get it. You picked Athena and someone else (I don't think King) and ranaway the entire time and spammed fireballs. Plus I beat you like 3-1 or something like that.

After playing like 5 people in a row who did that, and beating them, I got a little annoyed.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:31:11 AM by LouisCipher »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 26, 2012, 06:39:06 AM »
Well okay dude, but why runaway the entire time? I don't get it. You picked Athena and someone else (I don't think King) and ranaway the entire time and spammed fireballs. Plus I beat you like 3-1 or something like that.

After playing like 5 people in a row who did that, and beating them, I got a little annoyed.

Dude, you're sending messages like that and you're wondering why they'd freak out and take it personal?  I...are you stupid?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.