Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 390757 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1515 on: June 29, 2012, 02:09:17 PM »
Anyone else hoping the finals or GFs includes more than just Mr. Karate/Shen/EX Iori/Benimaru? I'm sure we'll see a Clark, Billy, or Kim maybe, but hoping players unknown to the US come with new tech for the lesser-used. Want to see at least one Chin, Ryo, Andy player getting big wins.

You might just get your wish.  Luis Cha didn't lose a whole set the entire tournament at #trb tonight.  His hit list of notable players (basically everyone but me lol): TheAnswer, Bala, Mr Kof, TC TheBeast (twice).  He used Andy, Flame and K'.  Japan's and Asia's general choice of Flame Iori being number one is slowly becoming more reasonable.

You know the tournament is pretty stacked when Mago ties 17th with seven other player!  Brackets for tonight is here: http://challonge.com/trb_kof_3_7.

It's bone chilling scary how good Luis Cha got between tonight and last week.  Word has it he was training with Team Chaos last week.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:11:54 PM by Kane317 »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1516 on: June 29, 2012, 03:32:54 PM »
Look out! EMP ON THE LOOSE.

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: June 29, 2012, 03:51:52 PM »
Is it true that Luis Cha won't be at evo cos he signed up to late?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: June 29, 2012, 04:25:54 PM »
Anyone else hoping the finals or GFs includes more than just Mr. Karate/Shen/EX Iori/Benimaru? I'm sure we'll see a Clark, Billy, or Kim maybe, but hoping players unknown to the US come with new tech for the lesser-used. Want to see at least one Chin, Ryo, Andy player getting big wins.

You might just get your wish.  Luis Cha didn't lose a whole set the entire tournament at #trb tonight.  His hit list of notable players (basically everyone but me lol): TheAnswer, Bala, Mr Kof, TC TheBeast (twice).  He used Andy, Flame and K'.  Japan's and Asia's general choice of Flame Iori being number one is slowly becoming more reasonable.

You know the tournament is pretty stacked when Mago ties 17th with seven other player!  Brackets for tonight is here: http://challonge.com/trb_kof_3_7.

It's bone chilling scary how good Luis Cha got between tonight and last week.  Word has it he was training with Team Chaos last week.

His Andy is currently the best one out there imo. He doesn't do anything fancy but is overall just so damn solid, inspired me to pick up the character.

Been watching him on the Answer's stream and the guy has been leveling up fast, he took out the Answer in a FT5 easily even though the Answer was running circles around him on previous streams. Didn't know he took out Bala and Mr. KOF at the Runback, always miss the good stuff due to friggin Marvel. Hope David or someone recorded these. Saw him clean your clock real nice though lol.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:27:58 PM by Diavle »

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: June 29, 2012, 05:14:44 PM »

Yeah hopefully that'll happen; I am hoping that Reynald sticks with Ryo, he has a sick Ryo. I think we'll see Saiki, Billy, if Haregoro is going then Joe :P and King. Believe me I am not contradicting myself but I think maybe we'll see them all if not then most of them.

The thing is all of the characters are good and viable but people tend to pick according to the tier list unfortunately, not who they like.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: June 29, 2012, 08:09:14 PM »
Saw him clean your clock real nice though lol.

Hah, as I told Kapwan running the tourney, "you're putting me on stream to humiliate me right?"  He said that I didn't have to if I didn't want to, but I was whatevers (besides I was sporting the DC shirt haha).  Also, I figured it'll be good since I have to play a Japanese player the first match in Evo and the stupid "notable" player list has me out as a good player lol--this will help things if they're trying to study my match heh.

Luis Cha nearly straighted/OCV'd Mr KOF, he prevented it by a pixel but Luis Cha mopped him up with his next character and was virtually untouched so it was basically the same--I felt better.

His style is very foreign to me, the way he was frame trapping me with his Andy and basically forcing me to overjump and make errors...that and a lot of normal throws.  Last week in casuals, I got a game off of him but he's a completely different beast now.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: June 30, 2012, 02:52:51 AM »
Great to hear Luis Cha is such a threat now. Can't remember if what I saw last was CEO or MLG footage of him, but that was maybe the best XIII Andy play ever. If he's only improved since then...scary (good).

And Kane, just win at EVO, the force will be with you (Chin's liquor is probably midichlorian-enriched).
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

NissanZaxima

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: June 30, 2012, 08:29:58 PM »
Claw is more popular than EX Iori I thought. Anyways, I really don't care what characters I see, I just want to see some great gameplay. Then again, I have never been one of those players that really give a rats ass about character diversity. For the most part, this game has one of the most diversity when it comes to the ratio of characters used in tournies in regards to how many charcters are in the game.

Most people are going to have a top/high tier or 2 on there team... but you will always see a less used character from time to time.
Seattle KOF

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: June 30, 2012, 08:58:58 PM »
It tends to vary by region when it comes to the Claw/Flame split.  You'll tend to see Japanese players use Flame more due to familiarity for example.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 01, 2012, 12:22:38 AM »
It tends to vary by region when it comes to the Claw/Flame split.  You'll tend to see Japanese players use Flame more due to familiarity for example.

Yeah could be. Claw Irori picks did decrease recently though. Did BALA drop claw for good or just sidelined him? I dont see him pick Claw anymore.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: July 02, 2012, 03:44:41 PM »
Saw him clean your clock real nice though lol.

Hah, as I told Kapwan running the tourney, "you're putting me on stream to humiliate me right?"  He said that I didn't have to if I didn't want to, but I was whatevers (besides I was sporting the DC shirt haha).  Also, I figured it'll be good since I have to play a Japanese player the first match in Evo and the stupid "notable" player list has me out as a good player lol--this will help things if they're trying to study my match heh.

Luis Cha nearly straighted/OCV'd Mr KOF, he prevented it by a pixel but Luis Cha mopped him up with his next character and was virtually untouched so it was basically the same--I felt better.

His style is very foreign to me, the way he was frame trapping me with his Andy and basically forcing me to overjump and make errors...that and a lot of normal throws.  Last week in casuals, I got a game off of him but he's a completely different beast now.

Well, you are the international poster girl for Chin so its to be expected.

You'll probably consider me a dick but I seriously think you should reconsider your team outside of Chin. During your matches it often feels like he's the only one doing work.

Louis Cha's style reminds me of Xiaohai at Shadowloo Showdown where you get the sense that he may not know XIII itself too well but his overall KOF knowledge is so strong that he can go far just with it. Them fundamentals. Definitely much to learn from him.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:46:29 PM by Diavle »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 02, 2012, 08:19:43 PM »
You'll probably consider me a dick but I seriously think you should reconsider your team outside of Chin. During your matches it often feels like he's the only one doing work.

You don't even know how many times that thought goes through my head.  In SoCal, I play top tier teams all day every day so it's very tempting.  I've already ventured to the Billy realm and recently returned back to Shen (since console has been released, I've stopped using him) because of the if-you-can't-beat-'em-join-'em mentality.

To be fair though, all the matches that get streamed are the headliner matches, so I just get mopped up just because my skill level ain't there yet.  For mid level players (top 9 players and below) my team handles mostly fine and recently my DL has done work than Chin.  Oh well.

Louis Cha's style reminds me of Xiaohai at Shadowloo Showdown where you get the sense that he may not know XIII itself too well but his overall KOF knowledge is so strong that he can go far just with it. Them fundamentals. Definitely much to learn from him.

As much praise as he deserves, I personally find it hilarious there are certain boisterous "former KOF figure", that has been raving on about Luis Cha for years (who helped him get to the US), suddenly pop up after Luis Cha won the recent #TRB but he was nowhere to be found weeks before when Luis Cha didn't crack top 8 at MLG.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #1527 on: July 02, 2012, 09:05:01 PM »
As much praise as he deserves, I personally find it hilarious there are certain boisterous "former KOF figure", that has been raving on about Luis Cha for years (who helped him get to the US), suddenly pop up after Luis Cha won the recent #TRB but he was nowhere to be found weeks before when Luis Cha didn't crack top 8 at MLG.

seriously, after all these years this dude is still on one fucked up ego trip.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 02, 2012, 11:22:03 PM »
seriously, after all these years this dude is still on one fucked up ego trip.

Well I'll end it with this since I don't want to derail this any further:  When you build a false ego up so much (he didn't even play XIII competitively except @FR where he didn't get very far), you have to live thru someone vicariously right?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: July 02, 2012, 11:25:54 PM »
Who are you guys talking about? Dark Geese?

You don't even know how many times that thought goes through my head.  In SoCal, I play top tier teams all day every day so it's very tempting.  I've already ventured to the Billy realm and recently returned back to Shen (since console has been released, I've stopped using him) because of the if-you-can't-beat-'em-join-'em mentality.

If you can do well with Chin then you can hang with them I think. I didn't mean to tier whore but rather to try out different characters to see which fit your style well. Like I've been trying various one's recently and turns out Vice is a really good fit for me. Ignore tier lists, I'm sure you didn't learn Chin based on one.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:28:47 PM by Diavle »