Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386270 times)

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1635 on: July 09, 2012, 08:49:20 PM »
AE was like the late night show nobody watches anyway, or an infomercial XD
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: July 09, 2012, 08:53:14 PM »
AE was running over 2 hours late. Maybe 5 games is the magic number for an Evo.

That much was already obvious.  Luckily, 5 games will be the standard again since the reason we had 6 this year is no longer a problem.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: July 09, 2012, 09:46:15 PM »
This weekend has been AMAZING!!

There were tons of great and intense matches throughout the weekend, all the way from pools to grand finals!  If you think the grand finals were amazing, wait till you see the rest of the matches that were offstream!

Personally I think I played pretty well this weekend.  I made it out of a pretty tough pool, and took down many great players in very close matches!  My two losses were to killers from Peru and later Chile.  I think the Peruvian player that I lost to is the godlike maxima player that you guys are talking about.  I fought it to his last characters, but I lost knowing full well that he was on a whole different level.  And i was right, he would later make it very far only losing two close 2-1 matches against Romance, and later Kaoru.

Also I am very happy to see mad kof winning.  It's time for bala to step up his already amazing game.  I am also very glad that I got the opportunity to play a long set against Mad Kof back in march when i visited Korea.  I had the feeling back then that he had a good chance of taking evo!! 

More details later, time to board my flight.   :)

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: July 09, 2012, 10:09:37 PM »

That much was already obvious.  Luckily, 5 games will be the standard again since the reason we had 6 this year is no longer a problem.

The question is are they taking SFxT out or MK? from what we've seen KoF should make it to evo2013 but you dont know what happens in a year time.(it is unlikely that they well take it out though)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: July 09, 2012, 10:20:58 PM »

The question is are they taking SFxT out or MK? from what we've seen KoF should make it to evo2013 but you dont know what happens in a year time.(it is unlikely that they well take it out though)

The answer is it's not a matter of taking anything out.  The list is redone from scratch basically, and we'll have TTT2, Persona and possibly Injustice out before EVO next year.  It's hard to predict what will be there next year other than Marvel and AE.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: July 09, 2012, 10:25:58 PM »
If we're going speculation lists,

1. Marvel
2. AE
3. KOF
4. TTT2

From the way things look, I would have MK9 again over Injustice. Injustice just seems too wacky. P4A has a chance, but it will need strong tournament exposure throughout the season.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: July 09, 2012, 10:36:34 PM »
If we're going speculation lists,

1. Marvel
2. AE
3. KOF
4. TTT2

From the way things look, I would have MK9 again over Injustice. Injustice just seems too wacky. P4A has a chance, but it will need strong tournament exposure throughout the season.

Injustice is also in alpha stage, so no true opinions can be formed yet.  But if it fails to meet standards, people will have no problem staying on MK9.

Persona does have a chance, it's getting some interest from many circles ala KOF, but it doesn't have the leftover community from previous games to pick it up.  It should be interesting how it performs.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: July 09, 2012, 11:02:39 PM »

Warner brothers will push injustice as they did MK9; pot bonuses and such, will draw people over if not only the MK community. I dont think it will be much different than MK. It has the same engine, maybe the mechanics will be a little different I guess. Saitsuo' some games will be taken out if your saying that marvel and AE will still be in. TTT2, MK/Injustice, KoF, SFxT (they will bring a patch for it or an expansion to try and revive it and it's not dead yet)and persona, 3 of those games well be at evo; the most likely are KoF, TTT2 and injustice; maybe persona but I dont think it will make it. It's too early to say.

I am predicting that AE will lose popularity this year.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: July 09, 2012, 11:06:58 PM »
I'm not saying that games won't be taken out.  I'm saying you shouldn't look at it as "Oh, that games gonna be taken out" more than something else just earned their spot.  The only things I can see as being "taken out" are Blazblue from before, due to circumstances that have already been discussed to death, and likely SFxT.  After that, it's a matter of earning your spot, not something losing it.

But either way, discussion on what games will be there next year should not even happen for 6 months.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: July 10, 2012, 12:09:53 AM »

But either way, discussion on what games will be there next year should not even happen for 6 months.

Yeah exactly.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: July 10, 2012, 12:39:07 AM »
Just looking at the finals with Bala and MadKOF I don't think Bala is bitter about it. I think everyone can agree that he has had an absolutely amazing run. But I do think he'll look at it like 'what could I have done better?' kind of way.

This is my armchair analysis. Feel free to poke holes in it.

I think Bala wasn't playing footsies enough, MadKOF caught him quite a few times trying to jump in CD and he punished him badly for that.

And I think he should've stuck it out with Clark. The thing with Clark is that people think he has a bad AA game. Mad took advantage of that. And this is what Clark can do to get out of that:

If they jump in meaty or CD, you have to be holding back and blocking low, then when they jump again (could be neutral, toward, or away) you do A Gatlin'. Failing that you could toward jump C to grab them, but you basically have to know that they're going to jump because if you're late you're going to eat a punish.

The weird thing is that specifically against Duo (maybe other characters, need to test this more) is that A Gatlin' tends to Whiff if Duo jumps towards you again, but he's more free to get air grabbed... Weird.

Not suggesting that I could've done better or anything.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:38:04 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: July 10, 2012, 12:54:24 AM »
It didn't matter who he should've stuck it out it with, as long as he stuck it out with SOMEONE on point.  His Shen and Takuma were able to become more effective over the set since Bala kept playing him, but because his point was in constant roulette mode, he never got going at the start of the match short of the one Ralf blow up, and falling behind nearly every game to Mad_KoF's Duo is a recipe for disaster.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: July 10, 2012, 01:27:26 AM »
I thought beni was a good option, clark would have been ok if he didn't go so much on offence.

On another note, I think someone here should have written an article on EVO, like a summary of what happened in the KoF circles. BTW, I went over to SRK and had a read. Guys, promise me we'll keep DC.com nice and civilised, yeah??? :3
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: July 10, 2012, 01:30:37 AM »
I had so much fun at evo this year. It was even better than last year. I got taken out of kof really early though. There were a lot more good kof players than I was expecting.

As hype as the room got, I can't imagine kof not being there next year. I certainly met a few people who want to pick up kof now.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1649 on: July 10, 2012, 01:42:21 AM »
Some words and props from Atlus: http://dreamcancel.com/2012/07/09/a-few-words-from-atlus-regarding-kofxiii-and-evo-2012/

Let's keep things moving around here to keep the KOF momentum and hype going. Who's with me?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."