Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386498 times)

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 08:09:25 AM »
Personally, I really want this MLG movement to succeed because it's about time FG's & eSports take off. I think KoFXIII can set a good example in this regards so I hope that dedicated KoFXIII players decide to go to MLG over NCR. No disrespect to NCR of course.

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »
I'm probably the minority opinion, but this thing where we start a new general thread after it reaches 100 pages needs to stop here. I don't see why we need to make new editions all the time. We could just let this thread continue beyond 100 pages. Before, I would have understood the need to make a new edition. Things were changing all the time back then. But now, there aren't any new changes to make to this game anymore, and I really think having made "MLG status" doesn't warrant a new edition.

Just my two cents.

Good point, but ultimately it doesn't really matter, since half the time the posts that go in some topics aren't related to them, such as your post... and mine.

So on topic, do you guys think that MLG is more important or a better opportunity to play in than the NorCal Regionals?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 10:15:34 AM »
I'm probably the minority opinion, but this thing where we start a new general thread after it reaches 100 pages needs to stop here. I don't see why we need to make new editions all the time. We could just let this thread continue beyond 100 pages. Before, I would have understood the need to make a new edition. Things were changing all the time back then. But now, there aren't any new changes to make to this game anymore, and I really think having made "MLG status" doesn't warrant a new edition.

Just my two cents.

Good point, but ultimately it doesn't really matter, since half the time the posts that go in some topics aren't related to them, such as your post... and mine.

So on topic, do you guys think that MLG is more important or a better opportunity to play in than the NorCal Regionals?

It's great that MLG is picking up the game and people who can go should go, but NCR is just as, if not more, important for attendance. It's at a tournament where people will pay more attention to it, both players and tournament organizers. If it does well at NCR, more people will start to like the game like they did at Final Round. If nobody really interesting starts up with the game or shows any interest, people will feign ignorance of KOF XIII no matter how good it is.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 04:24:00 PM »
I'm more from the idea that the mexicans go now to MLG to put some presence there, plus oogosho there, and to see some new faces on NCR trying to reach the top, since already is boring to see bala winning everything everytime, for me the true finals were reynald vs romance, without disrespecting this 2 but is always seems that bala is one step above them

I think that MLG and NCR will both do fine, I more worried about stream viewers on MLG though
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:26:54 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 06:17:47 PM »
I'm more from the idea that the mexicans go now to MLG to put some presence there, plus oogosho there, and to see some new faces on NCR trying to reach the top, since already is boring to see bala winning everything everytime, for me the true finals were reynald vs romance, without disrespecting this 2 but is always seems that bala is one step above them

I think that MLG and NCR will both do fine, I more worried about stream viewers on MLG though

I mean no disrespect by this, but how hard is it for someone to open up 2 streams? I wouldn't be worried about stream viewers at all really.

I think both events will do well because there's enough people who play KoF that also play MvC3/SF4/SFxT. These people will attend NCR because they want to compete in the other games as well. However, there will probably be enough of a presence at MLG from dedicated KoF players that really don't have an incentive to attend NCR given the prize pool and competition.

I've also read that Xian was interested in attending MLG as well.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 07:27:49 PM »

I mean no disrespect by this, but how hard is it for someone to open up 2 streams? I wouldn't be worried about stream viewers at all really.

I think both events will do well because there's enough people who play KoF that also play MvC3/SF4/SFxT. These people will attend NCR because they want to compete in the other games as well. However, there will probably be enough of a presence at MLG from dedicated KoF players that really don't have an incentive to attend NCR given the prize pool and competition.

I've also read that Xian was interested in attending MLG as well.

Judging yesterday, seems like rocket science for lots of stream monsters, plus I couldnt see some guys without that much bandwitdh seeing both events
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:31:19 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 08:19:38 PM »
I'm keeping up a list of known attendees in the upcoming tournament thread. If more people say they're gonna go, let me know!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 12:32:15 AM »
This is some rather interesting read, apparently a day after Romance wins 2nd place at #FRXV he drops his sponsorship with DarkGeese...

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 01:29:57 AM »
Curious to see, I hope that he gives a good explanation or that he had found out another sponsor, but I hope that people don't suspect nothing weird

Waifu Material

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 03:55:56 AM »
Probably had more lucrative offers. Either that or maybe there's more money in playing SFxTK? Who knows. Dark Geese does not come off as a Triforce kind of guy to me.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 04:39:44 AM »
Dark Geese may not be on the level of Triforce, but he's done damage enough to the SNK scene as is.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 04:44:57 AM »
Probably had more lucrative offers. Either that or maybe there's more money in playing SFxTK? Who knows. Dark Geese does not come off as a Triforce kind of guy to me.

I don't know, unless romance is a hidden gem for SF, I can't see why will try luck on sxt NOW where there is tons of money in the kof scene with MLG

btw, what shady things did triforce that is so mocked?

Waifu Material

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 05:07:02 AM »

btw, what shady things did triforce that is so mocked?

http://youtu.be/vOgSL8bsSCE

Long and the short of it: Triforce is a manipulative and deluded asshole who's fucked with the pot winnings and keeping ludicrous contracts on all of his men.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 12:15:10 PM »
Dark Geese may not be on the level of Triforce, but he's done damage enough to the SNK scene as is.
now what has he done exactly? only thing i really remember him doing is going on and on about how much better mexico was at KoF than the US around here and starting/getting into a random argument every now and then

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 12:43:06 PM »
What I remember of DarkGeese is how adamant and frustrating he's tried to get the scene going, or keep it alive in the early to mid 2000s. Heart was in the right place, but his methods were frowned upon a lot.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995