Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 389455 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 08:18:05 AM »
and they still have it messed up with sound issues and the inability to adjust the delay to your liking.

That might actually be for the best. With my experience playing 3SOE, most Joe Blows don't even know what that is and worse yet they could try to manipulate it to be as a laggy as possible.

Well preferably the adjustment wouldn't be that extreme.  3-4 frames at most.  2 as a max would probably be find though.

I know XIII is the focus so now that the game is still fresh they should try and create their own netcode because I see them using the same sprites in the 2 next KOFs at least. I know that creating a new netcode from scratch is costly but the online of XIII is slowly dieing.

Spend money on creating a flawless netcode, give us 4-6 more characters and release a final edition of XIII. That is what their next step should be.

Anyway I am gonna put my copy on the shelf and focus on SFxT. I never played SFIV seriously but this netcode leaves me no choice:( I am gonna main something else.

If SNKP goes out of their way to release a Final Edition of XIII which I highly doubt, they're not going to spend time creating a brand new netcode for it as it would defeat the purpose.  The development time alone would take as long as just making a brand new game which would be more appealing. 

Anytime any person says that releasing an updated version of the same game SHOULD be a company's next step I facepalm.  Stop being impatient and deal with what you have.  If you think it's underwhelming, then you can play other things until a new game comes out preferably YEARS down the road.  Yes, the netcode is bad, I do not disagree with that sentiment.  But no, they're not going to do a Super Edition JUST for the sake of creating a new netcode nor should they.

I shouldn't hear a peep about a new KOF for another year at LEAST.  Many games in this era have suffered from being unable to actually settle in.  Very few games since SF4's release have gone a year without getting some kind of Super version, and it's hurting.  It's time for people to either learn or remember how to keep playing a game for years at a time, you know, back when online was ass for everything.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 08:31:48 AM »
^I'm in agreement with most of what Saitsu says here, especially with FGs having multiple releases of virtually the same game too soon. I also wish that more could be done for XIII netcode wise to please everyone. The most we could hope for though is them strengthening it somehow, and there's no telling if that's even likely.

Not to downplay your situation Eripio, and I'm sure you've tried this already, but I'd say keep trying to get people interested in it if you can. I think it'll have enough staying power to last until the next SNKP game, whenever that is. If others around you play fighters, KOF is definitely a possibility. From experience, sometimes it just takes someone to knows how to play to show others why they should be playing too.

I don't know if this will help your situation any, but between getting the online player listing together, and the DC online tournaments in the works, maybe you can find one or a few people you can have a decent connection with.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:33:37 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 05:45:41 PM »
I think the online is all right for right now. The only way it could be improved at this point is if they completely re-code game and that is definitely not going to happen.

The problem with online is thus:

Too many SF4 players.

Too many guys on wireless.

It's hard to block short hops and crossups.

Disconnect bugs.

The only things they should fix: The disconnect bug online, and implement the fixes from Climax (fix the inputs and minor bugs).
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2012, 05:54:49 PM »

Too many SF4 players.

Disconnect bugs.

The only things they should fix: The disconnect bug online, and implement the fixes from Climax (fix the inputs and minor bugs).

Pretty much.  I usually only ever play 3 bars, but I met 2 bar guy with a passion for KOF and he's a great player... but blocking short hops, Kyo air down C and various crossups in 2 bars is hell.  I can't react and everything feels stiff.  3 bars is the absolute minimum for an enjoyable experience to me.

I still really want to see lobbies and spectator mode.  :(
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2012, 06:08:36 PM »
I think the online is all right for right now. The only way it could be improved at this point is if they completely re-code game and that is definitely not going to happen.

Too many SF4 players.

Disconnect bugs.

tbh only reason i like playing wireless is because i dont like have a long cord running down the hallway (since the router isn't in my room and people always trip on it)

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2012, 08:13:18 PM »
Long time no posting or being on this site. Before I ask my question, all I have to say is that go and play MK9 online and come back to me and say that this game's netcode is ass. I love MK9 but thank god I have an offline scene where I live.

Anyway, I've been gone for a while now due to work just taking too much time out of me these days and would just like to how the game is doing at whatever stage it is right now. I won't have much time to play it but I'm still going to come back to it after being away for a good while.

Basically, who are the characters that are dominating the game right now? What is KOF13 Climax and when will it be released? Has SNKP said anything about future projects?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2012, 08:38:53 PM »
Long time no posting or being on this site. Before I ask my question, all I have to say is that go and play MK9 online and come back to me and say that this game's netcode is ass. I love MK9 but thank god I have an offline scene where I live.

Anyway, I've been gone for a while now due to work just taking too much time out of me these days and would just like to how the game is doing at whatever stage it is right now. I won't have much time to play it but I'm still going to come back to it after being away for a good while.

Basically, who are the characters that are dominating the game right now? What is KOF13 Climax and when will it be released? Has SNKP said anything about future projects?
1,dunno 2, all climax is just the version we got for consoles with a minor fix or two ported to arcade 3, no they haven't
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:50:21 PM by Xxenace »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2012, 08:39:31 PM »
^You forgot to say that Climax is an arcade port.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2012, 08:50:42 PM »
^You forgot to say that Climax is an arcade port.
I FIXED IT YOU HAPPY NOW SON?

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2012, 09:13:04 PM »

Welcome back Cibernetico.

Future SNK projects are very possible, but no one is sure what.

Most of all characters are still viable, yet top US players feel Beni is better than most.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2012, 10:37:08 PM »

MK9's netcode is atrocious, but it being shitty doesn't make something else less shitty.  A serial killer's existence doesn't make a single murder any less of a heinous crime.

No one's really dominating the game, unless you count Bala and whoever he plays in each match.  Climax is an arcade port of the console with slight fixes.  And no not really, other than "We don't know what we would make next".
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2012, 10:51:46 PM »
Snip

Know how it feels Cib.

Works taking up alot of my time too.
-----------
I too wish netcode got a little better. Plus the fact that my internet is ass dont make it any better lol. At least for me my arcade has XIII. 50 Cent a game.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
In all honesty there is a good chance the netcode will get better. Every major release Playmore  game followed the same formula.
1. Game gets released people complain about netcode.
2. Playmore hurries up and releases a patch that breaks the game even more everyone leaves.
3. Playmore over time tweaks the netcode resulting in one day feeling great then crappy the next.
4. Playmore finally comes up with a netcode that's halfway decent but by the time they finish the game is practically dead.

I have hopes this game is good enough to survive the long haul and attract players after it been in the discount bin but not getting hopes too far up.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2012, 04:20:19 AM »
I'm watching the Final Round Day 3 archive. I'm digging it but I wish Juicebox toned it down a bit. I like the guy but there's limits for hype ;) .
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2012, 04:34:35 AM »
Hype limits?  BLASPHEMY!