Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386297 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2012, 04:55:53 AM »
He's a good player but I stand by my comment. His Kuwabara impression was really good though.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2012, 05:36:11 AM »
In all honesty there is a good chance the netcode will get better. Every major release Playmore  game followed the same formula.

I don't think we are getting another patch update for this game, it kinda felt they gave us the current update to just shut us up...
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2012, 06:12:16 AM »
I don't think it is a good Idea to throw another 40 grand for another patch, it is too late for that. Better yet use it for development.

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2012, 11:17:52 AM »
More updates or patches?....hmmm, it's all about resources here, which is very limited to our understanding. If patching KOF XIII further would subtract resources from other game developments then I would be against it.

Simply put, I thinks patching the netcode at this stage is not worth the few (if any) extra sales it generates. But at least they are showing improvements, and there are signs that SNKP will make more games. That's all I can ask really, if you are dissatisfied with the netcode, that is understandable, but I doubt it will improve anytime soon.

Oh, and you can never get too much hype...I banged cabinets, threw controllers to the ground and scream UWOREAA! all the time. It's because I enjoy playing KOF very much and got carried away (so does Juicebox). To the point that I bashed all other fighting games completely out of spite!! hahaha it's great.
Dude, Relax!

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2012, 12:44:35 PM »
In all honesty there is a good chance the netcode will get better. Every major release Playmore  game followed the same formula.

I don't think we are getting another patch update for this game, it kinda felt they gave us the current update to just shut us up...

I would think that too, but they sat and tweaked Kof XII for no reason till it played pretty decent. Considering KOF XII was in worse shape players wise then KOF XIII, I would not be suprised to see more patches just to test the next fighting game's netcode even.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2012, 03:36:56 PM »
I like Juicebox. When he said KOFXIII was a real 2D fighting game for real men, more truthful words than that couldn't be spoken.

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2012, 11:44:22 PM »
Has anybody read this yet
http://ratbagqueer.wordpress.com/2012/03/10/kof-xiii/

in the jungle stage those look like primates then "black" people, Marco don't look like any of them

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2012, 11:56:36 PM »
Some people are too sensitive these days. If anything Marco's win quote in Garou about him eating fried chicken is infinitely more offensive ;) .

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2012, 12:17:21 AM »

in the jungle stage those look like primates then "black" people, Marco don't look like any of them

Excuse my French, but WTF?

It seems like the existence of pygmies, the transgendered, and breasts are all evil when put on display, with interestingly nothing to say about the fat French women, cause how can you offend white people, right?  Someone maybe should tell this person that this is a fighting game, not the "find the 'offense'" version of Where's Waldo. I'd feel like calmly defending SNK on some of these points, but do wonder where his or her article on Cross Assault or RE5 might be.

Feels like I've just found an opposite of guys like Aris (and unfortunately, at least Aris would foucs on the fucking game). Sometimes, extreme perspectives suck.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:54:07 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2012, 02:03:19 AM »

THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!?!

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2012, 02:16:37 AM »

Shame on you for giving him more traffic. :P

But in all honesty, you know KOF has hit the big time when even non-fans are writing long diatribes on the game.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2012, 02:28:42 AM »

THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!?!

uh, i actually read through the whole thing... it's really hard to comment on it because the game was made in japan and while the japanese poke fun at EVERYONE who brings the whole "the protruding nail gets hammered down" to mind (i.e.: everyone who doesn't act and look japanese enough), we in the west are much harsher when it comes to stuff like racism and homo/trans-phobia. I mean, look at the uproar Poison started in SFxT in the US.

Being part of one of those minorities, I still think it's healthier to see stereotypes being poked fun at than watching how every video game gets bleached of anything "unusual" or even slightly thought provoking. I think most here would agree with me. And come on, how many trans ppl look like Andrej Pejic?

Even the whole Amazon Stage thing, it's real. I was on a news site  the other day and there was an article on the "nodding sickness" which afflicts thousands of children in Uganda. The main photo was a teenage kid, obviously black, lying naked on the dirt. Whoever took and published the photo upheld  the status quo that because it's in Africa, the nudity´s less shocking than if it were anywhere else.

Sorry for the rant, tried to make it smaller :3

EDIT: FFS, how can you even object to a game that makes fun of EVERYONE!?!?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:30:58 AM by venusandeve »
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2012, 02:35:59 AM »
Poison started an uproar? I thought it brought out the bi-curiousness of the FGC, especially on SRK.

Case in point: Kayo-Police.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2012, 03:06:46 AM »
 Kayo is more or less up to Pejic standards (though she's more moe moe). But, isn't that just catch 21? poison/kayo (and any female character/person born with a Y chromosome) isn't a Rule 63 of some male character and that's ppl don't get. It´s not a guy (anymore). Therefore, the only question that remains is: how much does it matter how this person used to be?

But outside of the gaming scene, Poison got some seriously polarised reactions. Kind of like Ash when people started wondering "what's with the voice? thought these anime things had really high pitched squeals." just before getting a Bridget dropped on them. In short? Most ppl really don't to be forced to think about it. Tons of ppl still think capcom's holding on to an age old troll with the poison thing . kind of cute, that type of fan-dumb :3
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

bmckay

• New Challenger
  • Y'all gotta chill, b.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2012, 07:51:03 AM »
I read the article. I thought it was hilarious. It just struck me as nitpicky and satirical. I mean, I've been playing this game for almost a week and a half in training mode non-stop, and I didn't notice any of that stuff (except Mai...) until it was pointed out.

Why is this person focusing so hard on it?
Kyo/Iori/K'