Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386336 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2012, 08:04:06 AM »
The "natives" in the jungle stage don't look black in the slightest, they look like helpers you'd find in Metal Slug. At least that's what they remind me of (not POW's who drop items but you know, random animals that do Kawai shit and etc).

As far as stripping King and Yuri it is paying tribute to the old AOF games, and it's harmless. It isn't Rapelay or anything judging by the tone of the article. And it is fair to both sexes, you can go and color edit a nude Raiden.

Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2012, 10:45:24 AM »
This is the first time I've heard anyone rant this much about bigotry/racism on a King of Fighters game and I have to say, it's quite surprising. It's not like it's unheard of that a Japanese game would poke fun at stereotypes, and it isn't even that bad. It seems to me that the writer of the article wants to get people upset or mad by pointing out all the possibly offensive imagery in the game, which to me seems pretty shallow.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2012, 06:31:28 PM »
The "natives" in the jungle stage don't look black in the slightest, they look like helpers you'd find in Metal Slug. At least that's what they remind me of (not POW's who drop items but you know, random animals that do Kawai shit and etc).

As far as stripping King and Yuri it is paying tribute to the old AOF games, and it's harmless. It isn't Rapelay or anything judging by the tone of the article. And it is fair to both sexes, you can go and color edit a nude Raiden.

The thing is that I can't find it racist because they don't even look like people. They look like some sort weird, amorphous fantasy creatures. That's not even mentioning that if they were in the jungle they'd undoubtably be a whole lot skinnier.

It's definitely not as bad as RE5 with real black people in tribal outfits and chucking spears at Chris.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2012, 07:16:30 PM »
F dat article. That's starting unnecessary controversy.

Like many other similar articles i've seen over the years about video game developers outlook on certain minorities.

Tired of those people who have have the will to express there unpleasant feelings through articles and make a big deal out of something that should\can be tolerated an left alone.

Using the words ( F**k, & Tit***s) in a article...  N**** please....

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2012, 07:26:20 PM »
F dat article. That's starting unnecessary controversy.

Like many other similar articles i've seen over the years about video game developers outlook on certain minorities.

Tired of those people who have have the will to express there unpleasant feelings through articles and make a big deal out of something that should\can be tolerated an left alone.

Using the words ( F**k, & Tit***s) in a article...  N**** please....

I agree with you on the fact that a lot of these articles are written out of bitterness (namely this one). but what do you mean with "make a big deal out of something that should\can be tolerated an left alone."?
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2012, 10:08:35 PM »
The way we tolerated the way Mai looks since the old days.

But, yea some people feel & think otherwise and do not tolerate it. As how he explained the way he felt in his article.

Which I just wana break down a bit because most of the shit he says is not 100% true or True Period.

" Then there’s Mai. Mai.. Has always been a fanservice character. I’m really not sure what to make of her. Words fail me, so hopefully a picture will do."

" Ash Crimson or Benimaru were given similar levels of fanservice. It would have been at least a nod to SNK knowing that women are people, and that they have fans outside of stereotypical male gamers; Drooling virgin post-adolescent straight men. I know plenty of guys who find this kind of thing uncomfortable, not to mention embarressing to play. But apparently the fanbase that SNK seek to cater for are those who enjoy this kind of fanservice."

" To compound the problem, many of the male members of the cast spend their time slut-shaming Mai for how she acts. So; let’s dress our character up to be a slut, then shame and demean her for it through the voice of our male cast."

She's a Kunoichi, and Kunoichi apparel has always been varied.

" Real-life kunoichi were trained differently from male ninja. Their training focused more on disguises, poisons, and using their gender to an advantage.......

They would usually disguise themselves as geisha, prostitutes, entertainers, fortune-tellers, and the like to get very close to the enemy. It is thought that they would generally seduce the soon-to-be victim and when they get close enough, would poison them..."

Information from
http://dictionary.sensagent.com/kunoichi/en-en/

--------------
If you just keep re-reading that article u can see he took shit way to emotionally.

Some other shit he said

"The ‘ideal’ fans they seem to be catering for are apparently a group of sexually-repressed straight white cisgendered guys, who see ethnic minorities as subhuman, women as objects and trans people as beings of scorn and disgust.".................

Yeah, SNK can go fuck themselves. ....

Fuck you, SNK. Fuck you.

Come on now, dont take this article to the heart. He takes the way SNK animates races to seriously. I find the races of the backround characters to be cartoon animated & not made to be disrespectful to any race.  But some people idiotically take it to seriously & seem to think otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:25:30 PM by BiGGDaddyCane »

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2012, 10:50:04 PM »
That last quote is gold, sounds like someone got trolled hehe. Nice rebuke, well put.
(on the other hand, click on the about button. You'll understand why s/he's pissed).

bmckay

• New Challenger
  • Y'all gotta chill, b.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2012, 11:11:44 PM »
This person has obviously never watched a comedy anime. For instance, One Piece or Gintama. Both have dramatically masculine trannies, and a lot of them are characters with large roles.

I'll say it again, this person is nitpicking.

Also, the Jungle stage looks more Mayan than African. Just sayin'.
Kyo/Iori/K'

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2012, 09:28:28 AM »
FFS, how can you even object to a game that makes fun of EVERYONE!?!?

Damn near says it all.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2012, 04:01:40 PM »
Snkp is releasing a new card game for GREE, it is called SNK Dream Battle.
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/press_releases/pdf/120312_01.pdf

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2012, 04:03:14 PM »

Not sure what GREE is, but love the artwork on those cards.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

bmckay

• New Challenger
  • Y'all gotta chill, b.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2012, 04:25:33 PM »
Seriously, that artwork is amazing. I'm now interested in what this GREE thing is.
Kyo/Iori/K'

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2012, 06:22:01 PM »
We need Shion, can't have card games without Trap Cards.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2012, 06:52:23 PM »
We need Shion, can't have card games without Trap Cards.

That's just the problem innit? If you put a trap in there, their victims get all butt hurt (haha ;)). You give them 5 o'clock shade and the traps will get their pitch forks out and lynch you! =D

And my last jab at that blog, something that popped up when I was walking home today:
Obviously in contemporary society male and female representation and objectification are hugely unequal, but it would have been easier for me to swallow if, say, Ash Crimson or Benimaru were given similar levels of fanservice.
Did you see what I did there? XD
Why those 2? Why not any other 2 guys from the cast (apart from the fact that a couple of them are barely dressed to begin with)?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:00:16 PM by venusandeve »