Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386320 times)

bmckay

• New Challenger
  • Y'all gotta chill, b.
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2012, 08:26:31 PM »
I like EX moves. They change the dynamics of the moves without changing the flow or balance of the game. I don't know for sure, but I don't think there is a single EX move that completely shuts down matchups.

I can understand the sentiment that there shouldn't be EX moves at all, but I like their inclusion.
Kyo/Iori/K'

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2012, 08:41:51 PM »
I really don't see where EX moves would turn people off (unless they're retards who believe Capcom invented them).

What was the first game to use EX attacks? I always thought it was one of the old SF games, but I could be wrong.

Vampire savior as far as i know.

Well my take on EXs is that it gives SNKP a way to give characters more move options without having to actually go as far as designing all the moves of older games.  That's why I have no problem with them.

Plus they can do crack move who are balance because of their cost.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2012, 11:35:12 PM »
Actually, it was SF: The Movie: The Game. Believe or not.

Like I said, EXes aren't bad, but they're not really KOF-ish and they're sudden inclusion out of nowhere bothers me. I'd rather had them continue to have explored the tag mechanics because it made the game feel more team based and they were incredibly fun and rewarding.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:37:16 PM by Proto Cloud »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2012, 11:35:47 PM »
Yet another reason why we'd be nothing without Raul Julia.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2012, 11:44:59 PM »
I just noticed that you replied within seconds of this comment. You some sort of wizard?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2012, 11:47:45 PM »
Extremely coincidental actually.  I'm good at that.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2012, 12:13:11 AM »
i dunno i never really could get into the whole tag system in KoF 11 just felt kinda odd and i dont really like games that kinda force me to pick a team based on mechanics rather than fun (kinda like marvel)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2012, 12:16:04 AM »
EX will always be an Street Fighter Invention, sure, some other game created it, but SF made it famous, I mean, the are tons of inventions in the world which are billed to guys who don't necessarilyt created it yet they put it on the map

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2012, 12:56:34 AM »
i dunno i never really could get into the whole tag system in KoF 11 just felt kinda odd and i dont really like games that kinda force me to pick a team based on mechanics rather than fun (kinda like marvel)

That's why they kept the old mode for newbs like you.

Honestly, it isn't as bad as Marvel, it relied more on placing your characters strategically for your combo set-ups, it doesn't get out of hand like the assist/DHC/THC systems and I liked how fun tag combos worked because it was like TTT1 meets 2D fighters with a 3 man squad.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2012, 01:13:05 AM »

That's why they kept the old mode for newbs like you.

Honestly, it isn't as bad as Marvel, it relied more on placing your characters strategically for your combo set-ups, it doesn't get out of hand like the assist/DHC/THC systems and I liked how fun tag combos worked because it was like TTT1 meets 2D fighters with a 3 man squad.
come on im not that much of a nub >_>

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2012, 01:13:34 AM »
No comment on that statement.

HectorGarfria

• New Challenger
  • JAWSOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2012, 01:51:34 AM »
I need some helps guys, I've been looking for NESTS Kyo's Type B theme all over the place but I can't find it.

I just keep finding his Type A theme and a bunch of Esaka/Goodbye Esaka tracks that aren't the exact one I'm looking for.

Anyone got a link?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:53:55 AM by HectorGarfria »
"Everyone on SRK wants to look tough and 100% right, so people put everything on blast, all the time." - s-kill

360 GamerTag: Hector Garfria

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2012, 02:26:57 AM »
I need some helps guys, I've been looking for NESTS Kyo's Type B theme all over the place but I can't find it.

I just keep finding his Type A theme and a bunch of Esaka/Goodbye Esaka tracks that aren't the exact one I'm looking for.

Anyone got a link?

If you mean looking for the EX Kyo Type-B theme online somewhere, it's just the
OST version of his 2000 theme.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:29:27 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

HectorGarfria

• New Challenger
  • JAWSOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2012, 02:47:48 AM »

Anyone got a link?

If you mean looking for the EX Kyo Type-B theme online somewhere, it's just the snip

Yes! Thanks, I must've been finding the arranged version time and again. Never stumbled upon the exact one.
"Everyone on SRK wants to look tough and 100% right, so people put everything on blast, all the time." - s-kill

360 GamerTag: Hector Garfria

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2012, 04:00:05 AM »
As a 3rd Strike player I'm a little biased when I say that I love the EX's in 13 and think they perfectly suite the game. It gives a lot of characters better options whereas if they had no EX's they would be a helluva lot worse for characters like Terry or Leona for example. Plus the fact that EX's take an entire bar whereas in 3S they take only about 30% of the bar (depends on the size of the bar) and leave you plenty of meter to do more shit.

It's kinda' pointless to complain about EX's at this point imho. I hope SNKP keeps them personally. Not to be a dick-rider but I like the idea of bringing back the mode selection from 98 and UM. Be a perfect wedding of something old, something new, and something borrowed. Haha.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.