Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 389360 times)

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2012, 02:01:19 AM »
Max Cancels in 2k2 always confused the hell out of me because there were very specific moves that could be canceled and couldn't, or could only be canceled into a specific move or what not, seemed like only a few characters could loop in repetition in 2k2 unlike in XIII.

On the other hand, in 2k2 it didn't take much to do more than half a lifebar, simple bnb into DM/SDM was all it took for some characters.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2012, 02:11:04 AM »
I don't think you understand, last summer when the arcade version was leaked on the internet, I was bringing that game out all the time, I saved the entire Dream Cancel wiki, movelists, combo vids, and stuff to my hard drive so I could show people how the game works and stuff. KOFXIII finally hit consoles after months of waiting, but there was very little interest. Nobody wanted to learn a new game, just stick with SF4 and Marvel 3. A few guys here sold it because it was either too hard for them or because we could never get a proper ranbat or tournament organized for the game (Marvel ran so long each time, KOF couldn't get started, let alone finish). Nobody here wants to seriously learn a game not many people are playing, so they play the games people do play, even if they aren't very good, case in point, SF4.

Honestly, if you can't get the local comp to do it like that. By all means open up your own game joint like I'm doing. I'm making an arcade/coffee shop over here sooner or later. Doing something like that can bring competition from everywhere and bring out the shut-ins and out-of-towners in your community. Or you can talk with private business owners around the area to host weekly ranbats and tournaments.

If you can't manage that then I suggest moving somewhere else that appreciates KOF like Cali or Texas because you can't do much about people that like playing your game in your immediate vicinity. I personally am frustrated that no one here plays Marvel at all. They all think it's cheap, dumb or don't want to put any effort into it at all. I only got my brother to get good at it and he's in the Navy right now.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #167 on: March 16, 2012, 02:18:31 AM »
That's pretty impressive if you're opening up your own gaming joint, sadly something like that for me is a pretty far off dream lol. I gotta go back to school, I want to take game design so maybe one day I could design a slick old school style fighting game. If I could move to Cali, I totally would, but moving out of state would be difficult for me, best I could probably do is move closer to NYC, they got Next Level there, and I hear there is a KOF crowd around there.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2012, 03:27:18 AM »
If you compare XIII to older kof, the game is really noob friendly, even I will say that conecting bnb here is more easy than older kofs

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2012, 03:36:42 AM »
The biggest thing is...why aren't more people bitching?  I mean I personally like XIII, but it's probably because I haven't played enough 98 to appreciate it.

But for all intensive purposes, it should have the same exact backlash SF4 has now.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2012, 03:39:55 AM »
It's more because 98 wasn't that popular in the states, but the ratio of ''older gamers thinking than this new entries sucks'' is maybe as equal as SF IV, just that this one has way more people

I mean, 2002um was more popular than XIII in the japanese arcades

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2012, 03:42:52 AM »
I should've been more specific.  I didn't mean why aren't more people bitching in general, yeah, that's obvious, KOFXIII is pretty much the first KOF to get true mainstream attention in the states.

I meant, why aren't more people bitching on here?  I know most people here have at least played 98 once.  Logically, it makes no sense why more people aren't shitting on the game being inferior to 98, especially since 98 is widely playable on GGPO with a better netcode.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2012, 03:45:00 AM »
Because there's not a lot of Mexican, Korean or even French players here?

All joking aside, a lot of the traffic here is supposed to be US and we're not exactly the most saavy in KOF.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2012, 03:46:31 AM »
I should've been more specific.  I didn't mean why aren't more people bitching in general, yeah, that's obvious, KOFXIII is pretty much the first KOF to get true mainstream attention in the states.

I meant, why aren't more people bitching on here?  I know most people here have at least played 98 once.  Logically, it makes no sense why more people aren't shitting on the game being inferior to 98, especially since 98 is widely playable on GGPO with a better netcode.

I think that a big factor is than at least for me, DC seemed more like a XIII page than a kof page in general, sure people could play the older kof, but here never got big relevance, maybe 2002um a bit, but still the focus here seemed more to be about xiii

With kof is the same tons of of older kofers still love xiii, but if I hate XIII why I will post here?

Waifu Material

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2012, 03:47:55 AM »
Old KOF's always gave me trouble doing bnb's, I always had problems hit confirming into a ranbu super or power geyser, but now in XIII it's easier than ever to do. Even easier than in XI.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2012, 03:48:51 AM »
Because there's not a lot of Mexican, Korean or even French players here?

All joking aside, a lot of the traffic here is supposed to be US and we're not exactly the most saavy in KOF.

Well then I think it's about time we changed that.

I should've been more specific.  I didn't mean why aren't more people bitching in general, yeah, that's obvious, KOFXIII is pretty much the first KOF to get true mainstream attention in the states.

I meant, why aren't more people bitching on here?  I know most people here have at least played 98 once.  Logically, it makes no sense why more people aren't shitting on the game being inferior to 98, especially since 98 is widely playable on GGPO with a better netcode.

I think that a big factor is than at least for me, DC seemed more like a XIII page than a kof page in general, sure people could play the older kof, but here never got big relevance, maybe 2002um a bit, but still the focus here seemed more to be about xiii

With kof is the same tons of of older kofers still love xiii, but if I hate XIII why I will post here?

Same reason why people who constantly shit on Marvel 3 and SF4 and SFxT still post on SRK.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2012, 03:51:55 AM »
^^ Because it's the biggest fighting game site. Period. Also Something Awful is notorious on its hate for them too.

Old KOF's always gave me trouble doing bnb's, I always had problems hit confirming into a ranbu super or power geyser, but now in XIII it's easier than ever to do. Even easier than in XI.

I dunno about you but XI was a lot easier about it and connecting a combo from the air wasn't such a pain in the ass.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2012, 03:55:25 AM »
Also SRK was created long before SF IV even was thought, and even though is still capcom unity 2, you can still go there and talk of any fighting game there

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2012, 03:58:36 AM »
I don't think you understand, last summer when the arcade version was leaked on the internet, I was bringing that game out all the time, I saved the entire Dream Cancel wiki, movelists, combo vids, and stuff to my hard drive so I could show people how the game works and stuff. KOFXIII finally hit consoles after months of waiting, but there was very little interest. Nobody wanted to learn a new game, just stick with SF4 and Marvel 3. A few guys here sold it because it was either too hard for them or because we could never get a proper ranbat or tournament organized for the game (Marvel ran so long each time, KOF couldn't get started, let alone finish). Nobody here wants to seriously learn a game not many people are playing, so they play the games people do play, even if they aren't very good, case in point, SF4.

Honestly, if you can't get the local comp to do it like that. By all means open up your own game joint like I'm doing. I'm making an arcade/coffee shop over here sooner or later. Doing something like that can bring competition from everywhere and bring out the shut-ins and out-of-towners in your community. Or you can talk with private business owners around the area to host weekly ranbats and tournaments.

If you can't manage that then I suggest moving somewhere else that appreciates KOF like Cali or Texas because you can't do much about people that like playing your game in your immediate vicinity. I personally am frustrated that no one here plays Marvel at all. They all think it's cheap, dumb or don't want to put any effort into it at all. I only got my brother to get good at it and he's in the Navy right now.
off topic but  dont open a coffee shop unless you want to constantly be shooing out hipster kids.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2012, 04:00:29 AM »
Also SRK was created long before SF IV even was thought, and even though is still capcom unity 2, you can still go there and talk of any fighting game there

And yet for almost every FG out there other than those main three, there's a better place to talk about them.  TYM for MK, DC/Oro for KOF, Dustloop for GG/BB, 8Way for SC, TZ for Tekken...

It IS Capcom Unity 2, or essentially what Capcom wanted Unity to actually become (for FGs at least).  Though my comment wasn't actually supposed to be that big of a deal...

I'm saying, if the reason people aren't making harsh decisions on XIII is simply because of not being able to have 98, then I think we should change that so we can have actual opinions on the subject.