Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386392 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2012, 05:00:03 PM »
BB's netcode works like that because BB was built around online play, unlike most FGs which optimize offline play.

And I never said GGPO was "that good", whatever that means.  I just said it's far superior to XIII's netcode, which is a fact, which you've agreed to.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2012, 05:59:58 PM »
Yeah well fighting games should do what Arc systems did in BB. What I said was not meant to you specifically but there are a lot of people who consider GGPO amazing ( thats what I meant by that good). Yeah well it's still better than KoF XIII netcode that we could agree upon.

bmckay

• New Challenger
  • Y'all gotta chill, b.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 16, 2012, 06:49:24 PM »
GGPO is awesome depending on two criteria: the connection between the players and the game you're trying to play. For example, GGPO ST is typically lag-free (in effect).
Kyo/Iori/K'

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 16, 2012, 07:11:38 PM »
GGPO is awesome depending on two criteria: the connection between the players and the game you're trying to play. For example, GGPO ST is typically lag-free (in effect).

I don't agree with you here. The fact that I live too far from you makes it unplayable on GGPO. The only people that I can play 3rd strike with are people who are in the Middle East.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 16, 2012, 07:11:50 PM »
I should've been more specific.  I didn't mean why aren't more people bitching in general, yeah, that's obvious, KOFXIII is pretty much the first KOF to get true mainstream attention in the states.

I meant, why aren't more people bitching on here?  I know most people here have at least played 98 once.  Logically, it makes no sense why more people aren't shitting on the game being inferior to 98, especially since 98 is widely playable on GGPO with a better netcode.

I can't believe you actually said this.

You're complaining that this hasn't happened? Well... you're the only one.

I am really glad this hasn't happened, and I would like it very much if it never did. The last thing the KOF community needs is people bitching on this game.

So what if it hasn't received the backlash that SF4 has? That's not a bad thing. It's a great thing! I'd leave this site in an instant if a bunch of asshole '98 elitists came just to shit on the game just because it's not like their precious '98 which they have placed on a pedestal. Not only that, that would really hurt the community. We'll never be taken seriously if we're divided amongst ourselves.

So yeah. Shame on you for even thinking this.

bmckay

• New Challenger
  • Y'all gotta chill, b.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 16, 2012, 07:22:01 PM »

I don't agree with you here. The fact that I live too far from you makes it unplayable on GGPO. The only people that I can play 3rd strike with are people who are in the Middle East.

That's exactly the point of my post. If your connection to the other player is bad (dial-up, low-bandwidth DSL, extreme distance) and/or you're playing a game that GGPO doesn't support fully (Third Strike, primarily), you will have a TERRIBLE experience.

HOWEVER, if you are playing someone within your country, with a high speed connection on both ends, playing a fully-supported game, the experience won't be so bad.
Kyo/Iori/K'

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2012, 07:29:48 PM »
You will never win against an expert in sf iv if you just spam things, I know that SF IV is really dumbed from old series, but you still need skill to win, hence why the true top players are almost always the same

Waifu Material

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2012, 07:40:23 PM »

That's exactly the point of my post. If your connection to the other player is bad (dial-up, low-bandwidth DSL, extreme distance) and/or you're playing a game that GGPO doesn't support fully (Third Strike, primarily), you will have a TERRIBLE experience.

HOWEVER, if you are playing someone within your country, with a high speed connection on both ends, playing a fully-supported game, the experience won't be so bad.

Yeah exactly but its not the same thing with BlazeBlue, I could play against anyone in the world with that connection (will I am going on and on about BB connection but believe it or not it is the best out there if only it was KoF  :( )

You will never win against an expert in sf iv if you just spam things, I know that SF IV is really dumbed from old series, but you still need skill to win, hence why the true top players are almost always the same

I didn't say win, but lets say an average player or above average against a noob he will get annoyed because of the spams and the randoms especially if he gets caught in a random ultra. Obviously that wont happen against the likes of Daigo but that wont even happen against the average players in 3rd strike.

bmckay

• New Challenger
  • Y'all gotta chill, b.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 16, 2012, 07:44:59 PM »
Yeah exactly but its not the same thing with BlazeBlue, I could play against anyone in the world with that connection (will I am going on and on about BB connection but believe it or not it is the best out there if only it was KoF  :( )
Yeah, Blazblue had pretty damned good netcode for the demands of the game. The BB netcode would definitely be an improvement over pretty much every current gen fighter's netcode.
Kyo/Iori/K'

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 16, 2012, 08:56:13 PM »
fighting games should do what Arc systems did in BB

BB's netcode works like that because BB was built around online play

True, netplay is the next step of traditional multiplay after all...there's no going back to offline is there? So no matter the cost, get it in order. Although I believe serious changes would be needed to redesign KOF's fundamentals to suit netplay better, the question here is can they integrate it smoothly?

The BB netcode would definitely be an improvement over pretty much every current gen fighter's netcode.

I disagree with this, I sincerely believe BB's netcode would not work on other games. Best to develop a netcode specifically tailored to SNK games. Plus there are times when BB's netcode let me down, it's good but it's not perfect.

Logically, it makes no sense why more people aren't shitting on the game being inferior to 98

Most likely they are just glad to have a good next-gen KOF at last. Or they just think that it's not that much of a big deal, that the XIII system is still excellent compared to 98.
Dude, Relax!

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 16, 2012, 09:07:15 PM »

Honestly, that's with any game. Unless a game is truly and almost fully randomized like Mario Party. Even DOAIV had its winners consistently win. That argument doesn't make any sense anymore. You get what you put in, with very little exceptions.

It's really down to what you're able to deal with and how solid the game is honestly.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2012, 09:11:03 PM »
I should've been more specific.  I didn't mean why aren't more people bitching in general, yeah, that's obvious, KOFXIII is pretty much the first KOF to get true mainstream attention in the states.

I meant, why aren't more people bitching on here?  I know most people here have at least played 98 once.  Logically, it makes no sense why more people aren't shitting on the game being inferior to 98, especially since 98 is widely playable on GGPO with a better netcode.

I can't believe you actually said this.

You're complaining that this hasn't happened? Well... you're the only one.

I am really glad this hasn't happened, and I would like it very much if it never did. The last thing the KOF community needs is people bitching on this game.

So what if it hasn't received the backlash that SF4 has? That's not a bad thing. It's a great thing! I'd leave this site in an instant if a bunch of asshole '98 elitists came just to shit on the game just because it's not like their precious '98 which they have placed on a pedestal. Not only that, that would really hurt the community. We'll never be taken seriously if we're divided amongst ourselves.

So yeah. Shame on you for even thinking this.

The reason I'm thinking this is because not because it should happen, but because the only reason it seems to not be happening is that people are just looking the other way on purpose.

I'd rather have people at least be honest about their feelings towards certain games.  All it would take is one big blowup for this to actually happen, so at the very least I'd like it out of the way now, rather than have it just bubble under the surface.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 16, 2012, 09:33:46 PM »
I put my feelings out there, but it doesn't really matter all that much, because it's really a very solid fighter. Those are just minor complaints because my background is in XI and it pains me to see it being left to the wayside when the reason it failed was its poor marketing and dated visuals. If anything I think it deserves UM treatment.

-Azula-

• New Challenger
  • The Divine Right to Rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »
People aren't complaining about KOF13 because it's legit great game and tons of fun to play. What is there really to complain about?

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2012, 11:42:25 PM »
Most likely they are just glad to have a good next-gen KOF at last. Or they just think that it's not that much of a big deal, that the XIII system is still excellent compared to 98.

I agree with this statement, at least that's how I feel; to tell you the truth I didn't expect KoF would be my next gen game, I was a SF fan up to 3rd strike. After what they did to the series I am glad that my friends swiched me to KoF :P. I have been waiting more than 10 years for a good fighter and the closest we got is KoF XIII; I cant really complain.
Hoping it'll get better and this is just the beginning (BTW I was so desperate I got KoF XII)

Honestly, that's with any game. Unless a game is truly and almost fully randomized like Mario Party. Even DOAIV had its winners consistently win. That argument doesn't make any sense anymore. You get what you put in, with very little exceptions.

It's really down to what you're able to deal with and how solid the game is honestly.

Will some games need more sweat and tears than other games. SFIV, MvC3 these games dont need as much dedication as KoF XIII. The easier it is the better for people these days because they are just damn lazy!

People aren't complaining about KOF13 because it's legit great game and tons of fun to play. What is there really to complain about?
Unfortunately only the netcode  :(