Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 389422 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2012, 02:02:45 AM »
I honestly find harder to understand in lots of things marvel than xiii, but maybe that's just me

Or maybe I fall for some randomness

But still, I want to see, people sound like annoying nerds when they try to say that their game is better because takes more skill, specially lots of VF players, they think that they are showing superiority just saying that to demonstrate don't know why

Hell, I know lots of people who treat fans of XIII as hipsters because some are really annoying remebering everyone how this is an honest game unlike SF IV or Marvel 3

All those games are hard to master, and easy if you want to do random things, I honestly still can see how XIII is far above the rest of the games sans some executions in combos.

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2012, 03:38:28 AM »
Will some games need more sweat and tears than other games. SFIV, MvC3 these games dont need as much dedication as KoF XIII. The easier it is the better for people these days because they are just damn lazy!

Honestly, it's like comparing apples and oranges. While I do agree it's easier to get good in dumb games like SCIV, Brawl or DOAIV, SFIV and MvC3 are just as skillful to play but in different areas. Like I said before, SFIV is all about tight links, matchup awareness and plenty of footsies. Marvel has always been about juggling mass amounts of information and being able to execute when there's mass hysteria and lightning speed conditions. So one is basically the equivalent of sheer boredom and the other is decided on how much bullshit your team can do.

Trust me, it ain't anything but easy, I've been there. You need to know your stuff, there's no need to judge, it's all a matter of taste in the end. Even KOF doesn't appeal to everyone. Not everyone loves the anime characters, the furious rushdown and the sheer brokeness of some characters in the series like Krauser, vanilla Raiden and Nameless and how they are not banned.

After being exposed to the tournament circuit, I've grown to respect and appreciate different games, even if I like making fun of them and actually hating some of them. Like I said, I ABSOLUTE DESPISE PLAYING SFIV, but I have to respect its community, because they're legit and it's just my opinion.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2012, 05:12:40 AM »
But still, I want to see, people sound like annoying nerds when they try to say that their game is better because takes more skill, specially lots of VF fanboys, they think that they are showing superiority just saying that to demonstrate don't know why

Fixed

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2012, 05:32:29 AM »
Fanboys? That's a pretty harsh blanket statement dude. Not trying to make drama or anything but I don't know if you're calling VF Players  that or just the dudes who know about VF. Might as well include 3S players like me who don't like the new Capcom fighters either.

I would say that SF4 and Marvel are pretty easy games even at high level play. In Marvel 3 it comes down to get one BnB in, Super them to death, maybe pop X-Factor to ensure death, set up a 50/50 with an assist on the next character, if the last character pops X-Factor than flip a coin on who'll win.

High Level SF4 is basic zoning and footsies, guessing on wakeup or use FADC, Reversal them if they try to get in.

They're very shallow games.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2012, 05:42:23 AM »
Once again, you don't know what you're talking about. Why don't you get yourself into a tournament and try yourself slugger? Guarantee you that you won't even make top 32 in either game, so quit the nonsense. We get it, you don't like the games, GET OVER IT. This is coming from a guy that likes Fighter's History Dynamite that is a shitty knockoff of SFII. You have no reason to start judging those games yourself.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2012, 05:46:53 AM »
So is the game losing its steam? I see there is nothing much to talk about anymore, and i doubt Climax (or even EVO) is going to give us something to hype about.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2012, 05:58:38 AM »
Not really. FRXV had a big showing just recently. I think with the endorsement of MLG, I think it might catch some more attention.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2012, 06:12:37 AM »
KOF is doing fine judging tournament entries, but almost any game lost steam after a while

Waifu Material

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2012, 06:29:39 AM »
Fanboys? That's a pretty harsh blanket statement dude. Not trying to make drama or anything but I don't know if you're calling VF Players  that or just the dudes who know about VF. Might as well include 3S players like me who don't like the new Capcom fighters either.

Ah I was afraid the message would come off in a wrong way. I'm not calling out the players just the fanboys who will say these stuff but wouldn't play the game competitively.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2012, 06:31:49 AM »
So is the game losing its steam? I see there is nothing much to talk about anymore, and i doubt Climax (or even EVO) is going to give us something to hype about.

Doubt it. With Evo exposure it's only going to get bigger.

Ah I was afraid the message would come off in a wrong way. I'm not calling out the players just the fanboys who will say these stuff but wouldn't play the game competitively.

Thing is, I really haven't encountered any VF fanboys. So maybe I'm coming from a different perspective than you.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:33:30 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2012, 12:40:42 PM »
Heh, everything will lose steam eventually. During the 90's though it was different. SNK churned titles after titles for a whole decade, I used to import Neo Geo Freaks (the magazine) even though I can't read japanese lol. I was just 8 or 9 when I saw the polls regarding who should be put into KOF 97 (Yamazaki, Billy and the rest is history). I always thought I will vote for Rosa from Kizuna hahaha

Good time...
Dude, Relax!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2012, 01:19:41 PM »
Maybe like Mortal Kombat or one of the Namco fighters, as long as SNK lets the console version of XIII sit and grow on people, it'll be fairly ok. If they followed the re-release trend from Capcom and Arksys, I might be a little worried. I do wonder if something like Garou 2 (if it's still like Garou at it's core) would take away from or increase interests in XIII though.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2012, 03:38:58 PM »
I think there's a good chance that garou 2 (isn't the whole series called garou densetsu?) would share kofxiii's player base, atleast at first, kind of like how everyone who plays street fighter 4 went to 3soe and then sfxt upon their releases. And then we will wait and see what the qualities of both games are and where people would prefer to stay later on. Personally i don't think i would have an issue trying to play both games on and off since the only other games that really catches my interest are vf5fs, ttt2 and mortal kombat 9.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2012, 04:21:36 PM »
Well, me and the people I know who used to play old capcom fighters especially people who played 3rd Strike extensively hate the new capcom  fighters, because the new fighters totally let us down and destroyed our past experience (I am just sour about it I need to get over it). Thank God I was introduced to KoF XIII.

I dont think it's losing steam, with all the tournaments going on it could gain steam but SNK will have to introduce something new just to hype the people or it will lose steam(thats what I think atleast).

My cousin is an avid fan of MvC. He was since MvC2(which I respect alot but some characters where useless in that game unfortunatly) now he's playing MvC3 but the online isn't that good in it either, im trying to pull him over to KoF XIII. 

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2012, 04:40:07 PM »
Yeah, used to like old cap fighters...STILL hurts me to see all that 3D sadness