Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 389798 times)

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2012, 06:50:06 PM »
Yeah, used to like old cap fighters...STILL hurts me to see all that 3D sadness

Yeah bro I share the exact same feeling (I know I repeated myself over and over again). Most capcom games have lost there quality; for me all capcom fighters lost it.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 17, 2012, 09:25:35 PM »
I think we're using rose-tinted glasses here.

Honestly, there's a lot of really bad Capcom games of yesteryear out there that blow this new stuff out the water:

- Capcom Fighting Evolution
- SFEX3
- SFA1
- MvC1
- MSHvsSF
- Star Gladiator/Plasma Sword
- SFIII:NG/DI
- CvS1

to name a few.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 17, 2012, 11:36:43 PM »
I think we're using rose-tinted glasses here.

Honestly, there's a lot of really bad Capcom games of yesteryear out there that blow this new stuff out the water:

- Capcom Fighting Evolution
- SFEX3
- SFA1
- MvC1
- MSHvsSF
- Star Gladiator/Plasma Sword
- SFIII:NG/DI
- CvS1

to name a few.

Yeah, thats true. Those games were simply bad, some of then are unplayable but the leap from SFA1 and SSFII the new challengers was big (all aspects of the game where better only the fighting mechanics are debatable) and it's new installations where much better exp. SFA2,SFA3. Almost the same thing goes with SFIII (3rd strike is the only good SFIII game).

My opinion:
MvC2 > MvC3
3rd strike > SSFIV AE2012
SFA3 > SSFIV AE2012 (even though SFA3 is totally unbalanced)
Thats how quality subsided in capcom games but yeah I do agree some older games cant even compare to the new ones.

CvS2 was such a sick game it was so fun I am hoping (well not really hoping "dreaming" would better describe it) that capcom make their characters sprites and give us a proper CvS3.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2012, 12:09:24 AM »
Okay, besides the fact this is again all terribly off topic from KOFXIII, Capcom's never using sprites again.  I think it's time one of ya'll just went into Social Club and make an official Capcom Rant thread, since half the threads on this board turn to Capcom anyway.

As for KOFXIII, I wonder what the usage of each character for this so called online tourney will be.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2012, 12:59:38 AM »
Okay, besides the fact this is again all terribly off topic from KOFXIII, Capcom's never using sprites again.  I think it's time one of ya'll just went into Social Club and make an official Capcom Rant thread, since half the threads on this board turn to Capcom anyway.

Yeah, i always wonder why a lot of SNK KOF pages or forums sometimes talk more about Capcom than KOF.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2012, 01:00:43 AM »
Meh, it's not exclusive to them.  I see a lot of Capcom pages talk a lot about KOF and SG and the like too.  Really depends on the day.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2012, 01:33:57 AM »

As for KOFXIII, I wonder what the usage of each character for this so called online tourney will be.
this aint social club worthy bro and for the rest of you SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY YOUR DAMN GAME

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2012, 01:38:48 AM »
What?...no Powerstone? that was my favorite hahaha.

The next garou would be called Fatal Fury obviously, the brand recognition is greater. Or since, this is no longer the age of games having separate Japanese and English names, maybe they will use Garou again. And KOF XV will have cheesy/cool subtitle like KOF XV: Dream Match Rebirth Never Ends. That's the pattern I predicted anyhow.
Dude, Relax!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2012, 02:40:15 AM »
Just Call it Garou: Fatal Fury and everybody is happy

But like fujix4 said, at least for the western market, will be better call it fatal fury

Hell, If they had to make a collector edition, I will gave terry hat as the cool prop that almost any ce has lately, is cheap, doesn't need to much space, and will caught some interest

I think that there is not that much to talk about kof until next weekend or when climax start to show signals of life, I had this sentiment that we will see more balances in climax besides the few changes mentioned before

Waifu Material

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2012, 05:23:54 AM »
I think KOFXIII, despite its growth nationally, is still struggling in local events. We had a tournament recently and more than 30 people showed up for UMvC3; we had 5 or so for KOFXIII.

If SNKP releases a new Garou, they'd be smart to use the Garou name. If not for piracy, Garou would have been their biggest game since it managed to also interest SF players. Hell, it still has a following. I would love for them to give KOF a break and release a new Garou.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2012, 05:41:09 AM »
I think Garou didn't do well just because arcades weren't doing very well, the limited release and badly done port to Dreamcast didn't help either.

I think SNK has a lot to owe to emulation. Myself and many, many other people would never have heard of SNK without stumbling onto those Metal Slug and KOF roms years ago.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:42:09 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2012, 06:01:08 AM »
Yeah, in garou I will not blame so much the bootleg versions at least, the game is a case of ''omg this game is so awesome'' but that never nobody gave that much attention, unlike the real bout series that came earlir but still did well

Waifu Material

-Azula-

• New Challenger
  • The Divine Right to Rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 18, 2012, 07:08:45 AM »
I think KOFXIII, despite its growth nationally, is still struggling in local events. We had a tournament recently and more than 30 people showed up for UMvC3; we had 5 or so for KOFXIII.

It depends on your area. The game is also not going to blow up over night. From my understanding, this is the first time KOF has been an EVO game. It's going to take some time before it really becomes a big game. I just bought the game like 3 weeks ago. Combofiend, for example, has only been playing for like a month. Same for MastaCJ. Marlinpie was also playing it on his stream not too long ago. You have to give people time to figure out what this game even is. Hell, 2 month ago I had never even seen gameplay of any KOF game ever. Now I'm putting all my time into it.

bmckay

• New Challenger
  • Y'all gotta chill, b.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 18, 2012, 08:23:40 AM »
KOFXIII is the only fitan vidya that matters to me right now. Not touching AE12, not touching UM3, barely touching 3SO, barely touching 02UM. I want this game to blow up and really be taken seriously. No more of this "second fiddle to SF" shit that's been going on so long. I want people to really take in how good this game is.
Kyo/Iori/K'

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 18, 2012, 08:41:13 AM »

If SNKP releases a new Garou, they'd be smart to use the Garou name. If not for piracy, Garou would have been their biggest game since it managed to also interest SF players. Hell, it still has a following. I would love for them to give KOF a break and release a new Garou.

That's the usual ratio with any game that isn't Capcom. That really isn't a surprise. US is Capcom territory and always will be unless they continue trying to rob their fanbase blind with DLC.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:43:01 AM by Proto Cloud »