Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386220 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #240 on: March 18, 2012, 10:34:54 AM »
As for KOFXIII, I wonder what the usage of each character for this so called online tourney will be.

"so called"?

But anyway, at least for what I've heard talked about, more than half the roster seemed to be in use. Hope to get better answers from the thread itself though. I used everyone I've put real time into (Ryo, Kim, Terry, Kensou, Andy, Hwa, Billy, Chin, Takuma), and was shown I need a lot more time. I hope by the next tournament it'll be the same kind of character #s. But we'll probably see more people limiting themselves to one solid team.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 18, 2012, 03:57:50 PM »
My friends did tell me about Garou; they say that it's a great game but I didn't play it (I didn't know them back then). I played Fatal Furry 1 and 2 back then.

I don't know about the U.S. but what I think is if the top SF players play KoF more people will be interested; that's the deal with the mainstream but then again its not really necessary, I could be wrong. Here thankfully we have a solid community; we are playing locally but the problem is that we cant develop our mind games that way because we play against the same people over and over again that's the only problem we have.

I think KoF XIII does need to grow and in time I think it'll do. This is the first good KoF since KoF XI; yes it is lacking in content but as I said it is the first good KoF since XI and hopefully the game will grow in next installments as the community does too.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 18, 2012, 05:25:15 PM »
As for KOFXIII, I wonder what the usage of each character for this so called online tourney will be.

"so called"?

But anyway, at least for what I've heard talked about, more than half the roster seemed to be in use. Hope to get better answers from the thread itself though. I used everyone I've put real time into (Ryo, Kim, Terry, Kensou, Andy, Hwa, Billy, Chin, Takuma), and was shown I need a lot more time. I hope by the next tournament it'll be the same kind of character #s. But we'll probably see more people limiting themselves to one solid team.

Well it seemed more like weird ranbats to me.  Wasn't trying to dis your tourney.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #243 on: March 18, 2012, 05:36:02 PM »

Well it seemed more like weird ranbats to me.  Wasn't trying to dis your tourney.

At least give the man some credit for trying to do something to bring people together (especially with the shady netcode), that people seemed to enjoy.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 18, 2012, 05:59:31 PM »

At least give the man some credit for trying to do something to bring people together (especially with the shady netcode), that people seemed to enjoy.

Like I said, wasn't meant to insult him, and if it did, I apologize.  Besides, I stopped by the tiny chat and the tourney had good numbers and people liked it, so I'd wager it a success.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 18, 2012, 06:33:50 PM »
Hope you had fun guys; if only I could join in. :(

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 19, 2012, 05:34:22 AM »

Well it seemed more like weird ranbats to me.  Wasn't trying to dis your tourney.

Like I said, wasn't meant to insult him, and if it did, I apologize.  Besides, I stopped by the tiny chat and the tourney had good numbers and people liked it, so I'd wager it a success.

No apology necessary. Was slightly confused with what you said at first, but it was sort of ranbats and a tournament at the same time. Unorthodox method that turned out pretty well I think. Hope it can keep up too.

I'm in Japan. I'm kind of curious how we might connect, though I'd have a guess about it now. We can try it out later if you'd like.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:36:18 AM by solidshark »
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 19, 2012, 02:19:20 PM »
I'm in Japan. I'm kind of curious how we might connect, though I'd have a guess about it now. We can try it out later if you'd like.

Yeah sure there is no harm in trying; my local time is +3 GMT now it's 3:15 pm here.
My PSN: Tyrant292 add me when your on.

-Azula-

• New Challenger
  • The Divine Right to Rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 19, 2012, 10:59:51 PM »
For some reason, this game does not allow me to play online. It always ends up saying conditions not met.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 19, 2012, 11:03:29 PM »
For some reason, this game does not allow me to play online. It always ends up saying conditions not met.

WTF?  Okay, I've seen everything about the online...except that.

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 20, 2012, 12:04:34 AM »
You are at the online menu right? You won't be able to join a room if you don't meet the connection that particular player specified.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 20, 2012, 12:55:42 PM »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 21, 2012, 10:43:41 AM »
MLG roster so far.
http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/full-king-of-fighters-xiii-winter-championship-roster/
godsgarden
http://godsgarden.jp/info/2502/

Double-dose of sweet.

Also, some interesting non-Capcom talk UltraChen: http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv/b/312350111

They start talking about XIII at 29:00. You'll see today's DC front page @43:30.

If you listen to the whole vid, you'll hear KOF music throughout from XIII to XI.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:19:50 AM by solidshark »
-Terry Bogard, 1995

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 21, 2012, 10:54:04 AM »
You are at the online menu right? You won't be able to join a room if you don't meet the connection that particular player specified.

Yeah, it's probably just the system connecting you with people who have set their connection requirements and blue(4 bars) or green(3 bars), to get the best connections. You might be a yellow(2 bar) to them. You'd be able to find someone who'd set no limit on their search.
-Terry Bogard, 1995