Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386363 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #345 on: March 26, 2012, 08:39:32 PM »
2.5D can be done right. Just look at Rumble Fish:

The Rumble Fish trailer arcade
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 26, 2012, 09:07:37 PM »
Actually, that's not a really good example. The animations definitely hit an uncanny valley and look plain disturbing.

But seriously. Marvel 3 looks fantastic, I don't care what anyone says.

Aside from that, I'll say it once and I'll say it again. They should bring back Samurai Shodown. With the sheer amount of people that were disappointed with SCV, it's about time they brought back the king of weapon-based fighters.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 26, 2012, 09:30:33 PM »
Well when it comes to the 2.5d versus 2d arguement I think the staff working on the game should come into consideration since it takes specialized talents for different aspects of the development so, in other words who is making the game is just as important in my opinion as how long it will take and how much it will cost.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 26, 2012, 10:44:46 PM »
Something i've never understood, is why,  F***ING WHY and TRIPLE WHY, SNKP don't take advantage of KOF13, to propose some DLCs, with additional chars, like Adel, Rimelo, Botan, even Rugal, Eidern, Ramon, Vanessa, etc... due the storyline... Plus, they know perfectly, that all of us, will buy that add content...

Man, really ununderstandable, JUST WHY they dont do that??????!!!!

Some new stages would be nice too! Like that forgotten 12's Russia stage, and news or even remakes alike PaoPao Cafe, etc...

Others good things can be done, and this time not only by SNKP, but by ours EU & US publishers (RSG & ATLUS), who could work on some features, like online rooms for 4or6 players, online watching, continue trying to improve netcode, etc, etc...

They are not aware, is with winks like those, that they can keep that KOF alive, and improve interest by all the community???!!!...

Oh man, all I can see here, is close to laziness/don't caring...

Its too sad!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 08:52:15 PM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 26, 2012, 10:52:27 PM »
I'll say this, if DLC is required to keep a game alive, the game wasn't that good in the first place.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 26, 2012, 10:55:11 PM »
Something i've never understood, is why,  F***ING WHY and TRIPLE WHY, SNKP don't take advantage of KOF13, to propose some DLCs, with additional chars, like Adel, Rimelo, Botan, even Rugal, Eidern, Ramon, Vanessa, etc... due the storyline... Plus, they know perfectly, that all of us, will buy that add content...

Man, really understanding, JUST WHY they dont do that??????!!!!

Characters cost money. A rough estimate would show that it costs about $50K to perhaps as much as $100K to create roughly 6 characters from scratch. Let's say the game sold 150 to 200K copies and 25% who bought the game also buy at least one DLC character and the fact that XBLA/PSN take half of each DLC sale and SNKP wouldn't make any profit. Plus it's a given that they'll re-use those characters for 14 so people who buy the DLC may feel ripped off seeing them included in 14 or have no need to buy it because they're favorite character is already DLC for 13.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 26, 2012, 11:11:57 PM »
Man that 14, can wait, really can wait... and I'm not sure it will comes till a long time...
Think...  Climax just announced now, and not released yet!... And not only that...  really I think 13 has a long life forthcoming...

Man, that 13 is a TOO GOOD game, to die now, or at least before his time...  :/

Features in online mode, like rooms with 4/6 ppl and watching online matches, etc, etc, also can give a considerable helping hands.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:29:57 PM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 26, 2012, 11:28:47 PM »
XIII does have a good life ahead of it.  All the more reason to HOLD OFF on any DLC right now.  Let the game mellow out.

Making lobbies would be worthless considering how meh the netcode is and all it takes is one bad connection in a lobby to render it worthless.  Plus we've already found out that no one is a fan of lobbies without Spectator Mode, even though it probably would also help to make connections less stable.

The online is beyond saving honestly, so the focus should be away from that.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #353 on: March 27, 2012, 12:24:35 AM »
Rumble Fish actually isn't 2D.5, it uses vector layer sprites.

Dandy J

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 27, 2012, 12:25:20 AM »
the only way to extend the life of the game from a consumer standpoint is a new version or something with ggpo or whateverish netcode and use that as a platform to advertise it

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 27, 2012, 01:11:11 AM »
the only way to extend the life of the game from a consumer standpoint is a new version or something with ggpo or whateverish netcode and use that as a platform to advertise it

Agreed.  We need a new netcode, hell I'd pay for it if it was actually any good.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 27, 2012, 01:31:58 AM »
That text from MMCafe doesn't make me worry as much as I thought it would. Scaling back on an arcade release (when the format is scaling down on itself), and getting more into handhelds/social games is something I thought we were used to already. Things to me are looking up with 13's overall reception and the hopeful rumor of another game in the works. KOF14 is probably easier to make as much of the spritework could already be done with 13's characters. A Garou or SS sprite game wouldn't be impossible, but I hope it wouldn't be the EXACT same spritework as XIII (I prefer varied looks for different games).

As of right now, plus what they have planned, more support on Live or the Neo-Geo Station is overdue. I'm still waiting to have 98, Garou, LB2, etc online supported, hopefully as good as it's been with the older NGS games. For XIII, all I can ask is to strenghten the netcode already there if possible. If the fans and organizations can keep pushing the game like they have been, XIII can and will last.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 27, 2012, 02:37:39 AM »
Aside from that, I'll say it once and I'll say it again. They should bring back Samurai Shodown. With the sheer amount of people that were disappointed with SCV, it's about time they brought back the king of weapon-based fighters.
Are people really that disappointed with SCV? Aside from the lack of single player content I haven't heard any complaints. I personally love the game.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 27, 2012, 05:19:49 AM »
Bored as hell decided to go online. Mistake. Played a Chin user (of course) and couldn't block anything, tried to do basic Billy combos (cr.B into T.A) and nothing came out. He took him out, out comes my Clark and I do well then it gets really laggy and I couldn't block any of his CD's.

Played another guy who's connection was good, but it was Yellow this time. Still laggy, runaway was a good tactic, comes down to our last guys and I see a really obvious Terry crossup coming (Super jumped it by the way from midscreen distance) and I still couldn't block it and he won... Fuck online.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 27, 2012, 05:43:12 AM »
Are people really that disappointed with SCV? Aside from the lack of single player content I haven't heard any complaints. I personally love the game.

From the most part, I've heard that on release. A lot of people I know have traded it in by now. Sure they said they liked it, but then why'd you let it go?

Like I said before, just being better than 3 and 4 isn't exactly an accomplishment for SC.