Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 389441 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #435 on: April 05, 2012, 04:22:17 AM »
Climax should be out by the time of SBO.  And with console version out now, there shouldn't be a problem with practice.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 05, 2012, 04:34:13 AM »
There is also the factor that climax will only launch 200 units

See it on this way, Kof seems to not be as popular as the other entries., and the SBO is not an arcade only event because they realized that the most popular games are not necessary at the arcades
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:36:09 AM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 05, 2012, 04:36:06 AM »
Considering some of the games on previous SBO lineups, I doubt popularity is THAT big of a deal.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 05, 2012, 04:41:17 AM »
Well, console games were not in previous line up, so it's obvious that SBO is changing his politics

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 05, 2012, 05:10:03 AM »
There is also the factor that climax will only launch 200 units

See it on this way, Kof seems to not be as popular as the other entries., and the SBO is not an arcade only event because they realized that the most popular games are not necessary at the arcades

Like I said before, they might pass it up because Climax is coming out too late with changes over the console version and it might cause an issue over the split between console and arcade players. I'm guessing they don't want to deal with that, so they just sidestepped the issue and just put Aquapazza instead.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 05, 2012, 07:35:05 PM »

Well, Aquapazza it seems like did well on the arcades

Yeah, having just returned from Japan, I have to say that sadly KOF is all but dead in Japanese arcades.  I visited about 10 big arcades, and only one had a single cab of XIII.  The biggest games right now are SSF4, Tekken, Gundam Extreme Versus, and Persona 4.  Also to my surprise and dissappointment,  even Aquapazza and Melty are more popular than KOF (XIII, 2002, 98, UM or alike)....  :(

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 05, 2012, 08:21:17 PM »
Yeah, having just returned from Japan, I have to say that sadly KOF is all but dead in Japanese arcades.  I visited about 10 big arcades, and only one had a single cab of XIII.  The biggest games right now are SSF4, Tekken, Gundam Extreme Versus, and Persona 4.  Also to my surprise and dissappointment,  even Aquapazza and Melty are more popular than KOF (XIII, 2002, 98, UM or alike)....  :(
Obvious Mr. Watson! Console edition is the new version ATM, of course vanila XIII arcade is alike "obsolete"... this is normal situation... the competition right now is on console version -> XIII arcade "forgotten" -> logical!!!
I have only this to say: wait release of Climax, and we'll see that KOF's dead...  ;)

In another note, console version, probably will be updated by a "Climax Patch"...

KoF 4 EVA

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 05, 2012, 08:35:51 PM »
Obvious Mr. Watson! Console edition is the new version ATM, of course vanila XIII arcade is alike "obsolete"... this is normal situation... the competition right now is on console version -> XIII arcade "forgotten" -> logical!!!
I have only this to say: wait release of Climax, and we'll see that KOF's dead...  ;)

In another note, console version, probably will be updated by a "Climax Patch"...

Well, when SSF4 came out in the consoles, there were still lots of people playing vanilla in the arcades.  Also even right now, quite a lot of people in Hong Kong and Korea are playing in cabs with vanilla AE (without the 2012 patch).  The thing is, for most Asians, the console is not very relevant because people play in the arcades.  It doesn't matter that there's a newer, better version out in the consoles, they will play whatever is in the arcade.

Also, I hate to say this but I don't think Climax will have any impact at all, considering that they'll limit the release to 200 copies.  Most of the arcades I visited have more than a dozen cabs for each of the big 3 games alone.

I think SNK should just hurry up and focus on their next game instead.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 05, 2012, 08:38:32 PM »
I disagree.  If they start rushing games out, they'll be back at square one.  Let XIII sink in, understand any mistakes they made, while at the same time noting what works, come back at least 2+ years down the line.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 05, 2012, 08:51:46 PM »
I disagree.  If they start rushing games out, they'll be back at square one.  Let XIII sink in, understand any mistakes they made, while at the same time noting what works, come back at least 2+ years down the line.

Well, if they start development now, the new game could be released in maybe 2 years in the arcades.  1-2 years after they could release the console versions, so that will be at least 3 years till we see anything new in the consoles.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 05, 2012, 09:01:40 PM »
http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/4/5/the-king-of-fighters-xiii-climax-is-coming-to-arcades-later.html#disqus_thread

I'm not sure if this means we get an opportunity to have an arcade setup for XIII, but if it does, I'm excited!

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 05, 2012, 09:28:34 PM »
...considering that they'll limit the release to 200 copies.
Never understood that point... what da hell they have in mind?!...  :/

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/4/5/the-king-of-fighters-xiii-climax-is-coming-to-arcades-later.html#disqus_thread

I'm not sure if this means we get an opportunity to have an arcade setup for XIII, but if it does, I'm excited!
"though a full change log has yet to be released"
I'm also waiting this complete change log...  :/
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:30:18 PM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 06, 2012, 12:44:51 AM »

I agree fully with this. A new Metal Slug, Fatal Fury or Samsho would be better anyway. Doesn't have to split the KOF community. Not to mention, if their game division wants to survive, they can't rely on KOF forever.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 06, 2012, 02:13:14 AM »

Well, it's not a total surprise, especially when the better version is on consoles at the moment, and maybe this is the version they're waiting for, like having two XIII cabs next to each other with ver 1.0 and 1.1. They might want the best version available. Once Climax hits, hopefully players will come back to it.

I agree fully with this. A new Metal Slug, Fatal Fury or Samsho would be better anyway. Doesn't have to split the KOF community. Not to mention, if their game division wants to survive, they can't rely on KOF forever.

Agree with both of you.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 06, 2012, 02:19:55 AM »
XIII never did THAT well, hell I will say that 2002um was more sucesfull than XIII

Oddly enough, in the west the game did really well

That being,said, I think that I saw a map with the most users online for xiii, an japan was by far the biggest with 12 k players, don't know if that was the meaning of the map since was in chinese

Waifu Material