Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386435 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #450 on: April 06, 2012, 04:02:42 AM »
XIII never did THAT well, hell I will say that 2002um was more sucesfull than XIII

Oddly enough, in the west the game did really well

That being,said, I think that I saw a map with the most users online for xiii, an japan was by far the biggest with 12 k players, don't know if that was the meaning of the map since was in chinese
if possible could you post a link to that? it's got me a little curious

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 06, 2012, 09:31:07 AM »
In Taiwan and mainland China,hardcore KOF fans play kof2002um more than kof13.But kof13 is more well accepted by the public than kof2002um and drew many newcomers.SNK should make more efforts to promote kof13 climax.

Following link is the biggest kof community in Taiwan.Most posts there are about kof13.
http://forum.gamer.com.tw/B.php?bsn=00049&subbsn=0
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 09:35:37 AM by a11111357 »

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 06, 2012, 08:19:22 PM »
So I was watching Jiyuna's stream and basically he's saying that basically almost no one is playing Aquapazza in Japan, so he's as confused as anyone else as to why it's on SBO.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 06, 2012, 10:57:52 PM »
mmm, I recall that the game was really played the first months, so is weird that now is gone, even though it seems that almost always the games are played again the month before SBO.

It's weird, this last year nobody posted the top 10 arcadia magazine ranking, don't know if nobody has done it or the guys that translated it to english sites not bought the magazine anymore

http://keykakko.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/041.jpg

It's weird since Mexico doesn't appear, I don't know if there nobody plays online, everybody has 360 or playing 2002 or this map isn't accurate
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:59:40 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 07, 2012, 06:36:34 AM »
The problem is that if AP play didn't pick up for SBO qualifiers, that's a real problem. At least KOF still gets decent play in Japan.

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #455 on: April 07, 2012, 08:57:08 AM »
Here in Dubai, UAE
hardcore KOF players play KOF02um and refuse to play KOF13
maybe because we have arcade cabinets for 2002um and we make monthly tournaments on it
but if KOF13 will be limited to 200 only
there is no chance we will get it here

forgot to mention that all new comers stopped playing XIII already saying the game is so hard (while KOF02um players saying its so easy...!)

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 07, 2012, 09:24:42 AM »
Here in Dubai, UAE
hardcore KOF players play KOF02um and refuse to play KOF13
maybe because we have arcade cabinets for 2002um and we make monthly tournaments on it
but if KOF13 will be limited to 200 only
there is no chance we will get it here

forgot to mention that all new comers stopped playing XIII already saying the game is so hard (while KOF02um players saying its so easy...!)

Hate to see XIII in that weird space of not being played, for whatever reason. Glad you've got an active arcade KOF scene still, but wish more people would be open to different iterations of the series.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 07, 2012, 11:40:53 AM »
From what your all saying basically, KoF is non existing in Asia, only for some places who still play KoF2k2um (much like 3rd strike). Thats just.........sad.

I am not putting much hope in climax to say the least. 200 units for the whole world is not enough. If this goes on I think crappy games like SFxTK will dominate the scene, games like KoF XIII just dont cut it no more, they are either too hard or too easy.

Bad news just keeps piling up. Hopefully Europe and The US will keep this game alive.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 07, 2012, 12:24:46 PM »
From what your all saying basically, KoF is non existing in Asia, only for some places who still play KoF2k2um (much like 3rd strike). Thats just.........sad.

I am not putting much hope in climax to say the least. 200 units for the whole world is not enough. If this goes on I think crappy games like SFxTK will dominate the scene, games like KoF XIII just dont cut it no more, they are either too hard or too easy.

Bad news just keeps piling up. Hopefully Europe and The US will keep this game alive.
KOF is not as popular as it was in 90s in Taiwan and mainland China but it is still the second or third most popular fighting game in Taiwan.No one says KOF is outdated anymore and young people are getting willing to play it.SNK really should make more effort to promote kof13.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:49:00 PM by a11111357 »

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 07, 2012, 05:12:13 PM »
http://keykakko.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/041.jpg

It's weird since Mexico doesn't appear, I don't know if there nobody plays online, everybody has 360 or playing 2002 or this map isn't accurate

Where'd this information come from?  It seems odd given that (supposedly) Japan's KOF sales were poor while NA's KOF sales were much, much higher.

This thread is starting to look like the Orochinagi forums with the unwarranted doom and gloom.  Is KOF more popular than ever before in NA?  Yes.  Is it being watched by tens of thousands of spectators on streams?  Yes.  Is it going to EVO this year?  Yes.  So why the despair?  Really, it's silly.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 07, 2012, 05:28:24 PM »
KOF is not as popular as it was in 90s in Taiwan and mainland China but it is still the second or third most popular fighting game in Taiwan.No one says KOF is outdated anymore and young people are getting willing to play it.SNK really should make more effort to promote kof13.

It's better for you guys as a community to do the promoting than waiting SNKP to do something
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:30:19 PM by PureYeti »

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 07, 2012, 06:11:00 PM »
... Is KOF more popular than ever before in NA?  Yes.  Is it being watched by tens of thousands of spectators on streams?  Yes.  Is it going to EVO this year?  Yes.  So why the despair?  Really, it's silly.
LOL, I think you are pretty right!

It's better for you guys as a community to do the promoting than waiting SNKP to do something
Of course, but we also like if SNKP, did anything to us...
why it would be only fans showing their love to that game
why it would be only fans keeping alive that game
why it would be only fans promoting that game

I think SNKP should communicate/promote/add content/ETC... a little more than they are doing ATM BTW...  :/

KoF 4 EVA

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 07, 2012, 06:37:33 PM »
Hate to break it to you, but SNK doesn't really have money be doing international marketing anymore. If you're outside of Japan, then, sorry.

I am sad to see that some of the OG players are sticking to their guns with either 2k2 or 98. I know I have some reservations about XIII, but that's no reason not to support the game and push the community forward. Some people need to stop living in the past.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 07, 2012, 06:39:47 PM »
At the same time, people reserve the right to play the games they want, regardless of what the community thinks is proper.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 07, 2012, 06:42:01 PM »
True, but if they honestly complain about why their isn't as big as other games like SF or Tekken, they have only themselves to blame on the other hand.