Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386525 times)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #525 on: April 12, 2012, 09:56:56 PM »
Looks like Billy, Saiki, EX Kyo, EX Iori and Mr.Karate have been retouched. If they have been nerfed, then I want this as patch for console version :D

Most of them are really minor bug fixes.  The only real nerf is they fixed Billy's invincibility during HD activation.

That straight up sucks... That feature has saved me on quite a few situations...

Can you please elaborate on this feature? I'm not too familiar with it and how it works.

thanks!

Well Mastaroth had a video on it, but he took it down for whatever reason.

Anyway, basically if you HD Activate off of your normals, you're invincible for a short amount of time.  Pretty much makes it ideal to bait Guard Cancel CD's and like, Guard Point moves.  In other words, it can make people like EX Kyo pretty damn free if you guess right.

Thank you, I'll be testing this out.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 12, 2012, 10:01:21 PM »
I'd say try it against like...Maxima's Vapor Cannons.  Should be easy to test against.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 13, 2012, 03:13:20 AM »
Three Chinese players will attend Shadowloo Showdown 2012 kof13 tournament.
http://www.vamei.com/thread-53722-1-1.html

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 13, 2012, 06:24:31 AM »
Three Chinese players will attend Shadowloo Showdown 2012 kof13 tournament.
http://www.vamei.com/thread-53722-1-1.html

Wow, this just made my day.  I cant wait to see what Xiaohai and Dakou can do in XIII.  There isnt much footage of them playing XIII afterall. 

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 13, 2012, 11:16:17 AM »
According to QanBa staff, POONKGO,JUSTIN WONG and TOKIDO will also attend Shadowloo Showdown 2012 kof13 tournament.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 13, 2012, 12:29:27 PM »
According to QanBa staff, POONKGO,JUSTIN WONG and TOKIDO will also attend Shadowloo Showdown 2012 kof13 tournament.

That will be sick.  However Justin Wong is going to need to play a lot more to compete with Tokido and especially Poongko, he didn't even want to play his second match tonight after I sent him to losers.  Too involved with Marvel.

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 13, 2012, 12:59:18 PM »
Tokido is very good at this game. Much respect to his talent at all the games he picks up.
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 13, 2012, 04:46:22 PM »
Honestly, I think Justin should just drop KOF.  He obviously doesn't give two shits about actually playing the game seriously.  Even though he doesn't seem to like Marvel 3 that much, he's only going to seriously play games he actually has a chance at winning in, which is smart, I still said he was stupid for going to MLG over NCR.  Justin overworks himself at tourneys trying to play everything, he should just stick to Marvel and maybe AE or SFxT.  They're what he knows, and has the best chance at winning at, and obviously just liking the game isn't enough for him to focus on it.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 13, 2012, 05:27:06 PM »
I think all Justin need to work on is his HD combos, cos I've seen many times when he has an opportunity to bang one in, but never does it, and in some cases it could even swing a match to his favour..

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 13, 2012, 05:46:57 PM »
True. Even a basic HD combo can net you between 600-800 damage with practically any character without being fancy.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 13, 2012, 07:32:54 PM »
Well from what I can tell, he's still afraid of dropping them.

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 14, 2012, 01:25:48 AM »
I've seen Justin do Athena's mid screen HD loop with dp > teleport > NM in a match. If only he dedicates even just an hour a day on his HD execution, he would place much higher in the ranbats or at least be more competative.

edit: not sure if this was posted yet
http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/fighting-games-powered-by-playstation%C2%AE-featured-this-spring-season-via-arena-and-spring-championship/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:15:37 AM by 4leaf »

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 14, 2012, 04:41:19 PM »
Honestly, I think Justin should just drop KOF.  He obviously doesn't give two shits about actually playing the game seriously.  Even though he doesn't seem to like Marvel 3 that much, he's only going to seriously play games he actually has a chance at winning in, which is smart, I still said he was stupid for going to MLG over NCR.  Justin overworks himself at tourneys trying to play everything, he should just stick to Marvel and maybe AE or SFxT.  They're what he knows, and has the best chance at winning at, and obviously just liking the game isn't enough for him to focus on it.

Even though he does not look serious about the game I dont think he should drop it. I am not a fan of Justin but I am a fan of KoF and he brings attention to the game which is good to the KoF community.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 14, 2012, 08:37:38 PM »
If he likes the game, then let him play it. My problem is that he's plateau'd and isn't getting any better. He's still working on old KOF basics and not using the system to its fullest. I'm also not sure why he's still using Athena.

If he doesn't like it, I dunno why he's sticking to it. KOF's community is pretty strong and only getting stronger. He hasn't been able to keep up since the beginning and it's only getting worse. This isn't going to be the same as MK9 where the community had yet to develop and won big at first. I dunno if he wants to do a repeat of CvS2, where he was playing a game he didn't like, but ended up dominating at it.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #539 on: April 15, 2012, 12:27:40 AM »
For a guy playing XIII like it's still 98, Justin doesn't do too bad for himself, he knows the basics, but he can do much better if he got serious with the game.

Hell I still play XIII like it's 98 sometimes lol. I can't do those big HD combo's. Same with Max Mode in 2k2/2k2UM.