Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386310 times)

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #570 on: April 18, 2012, 07:51:32 AM »

I didnt think he had a chance against BALA and he really didnt have a chance. It's still a very good thing to see him sticking with the game, actually giving it a chance and try to learn it. As Saitsuo said he is competing in 3 different games, it's not as easy as it sounds; yet again it's easier for some than others.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 18, 2012, 09:06:44 AM »
We know that it was going to take something like winning a major with Leona so people can remove that stigma from her and that's why I challenged Bala to win PowerUp with her.

I dunno what you're smoking because she's never been low tier and honestly you guys were the one that created the stigma. The harsh truth is you guys just didn't do the research or just failed to recognize that.

Now granted the majority of these videos are from the arcade version, you know how little has changed for her hence it's still relevant.  Lastly, not to take anything away from Bala's stellar performance at PU'2012, she was already known to be good since 4leaf used her in STA matches, ESB Sam's infamous Leona, and more recently Reynald using her in the last few TheRunBacks; it doesn't take a major to know what we already knew.

Here's evidence from older posts of Japanese players tearing it up shown here (Post was from as early as 10/11/2010), here, here, here, this one is just off a counter hit, here, another list of videos and one more for kicks from the console version.

The irony of the whole thing, we remember you telling ESB Sam, the same person who beat you with Leona, to drop Leona because she wasn't good =)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:40:03 PM by Kane317 »

Mr.Minionman

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 18, 2012, 10:12:34 AM »
As a starting kof player, I was really glad to see Leona tear it up in that tournament, though there are still a few I'd really like to see more of. Chiefly, think I can die happy if I can find a match where Terry or Ralf stomp, or really to find any good match with Maxima, Ryo, or Mai in it at all. Especially as a new player, it's rather easy to become convinced when people say that certain characters lack all of the tools required to be successful and thus lack viability. Also when no one plays them it's rather hard to learn from scratch at that.

Just my two cents anyway.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 18, 2012, 11:04:03 AM »
I agree. It is hard when it's all over the place or you can't find specific ones. That's a lot of the reason why I'm looking forward to FADC (frameadvantage.com) putting up more footage using their very organized system. It'll help a lot of people get the footage they need to emulate for their characters.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 18, 2012, 02:05:50 PM »

KoF 4 EVA

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 18, 2012, 03:41:39 PM »

Personally for me I didn't really care about tier lists since 3rd strike (broken characters are out of the question like sean); my personal belief, it all depends on the skill of the player and how he utilizes his characters. KoF XIII is a very balanced game, every character is viable and in my opinion every character is will made.

Has anyone watched Stunfest XII? I was really impressed by the Europians, really good level of play, I hope they'll go to evo it'll be interesting; really liked how they utilized Ryo.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 18, 2012, 07:47:39 PM »
Has anyone watched Stunfest XII? I was really impressed by the Europians, really good level of play, I hope they'll go to evo it'll be interesting; really liked how they utilized Ryo.
I was there (I'm french). And some of the best matchs weren't stream, because quarter finals were amazing.
Really great event.
But I don't remember any KOF player who wasn't French though. So it was more a French tournament.

The average level wasn't that high since I was quite impressed by my own level comparatively, but we are progressing really fast. There are players who I saw from times to times and each time they improve their game and add new way to deal with the game. Our main problem is we don't have that much events or occasion to play together and thus the best players are stagnating, waiting for us to close the distance.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 18, 2012, 09:38:17 PM »
I was also really impressed by the level of European players, particularly Fox.  I think he was also the guy who almost beat Mr KOF earlier in WCG? 

Also I really liked the enthusiasm of the commentators, even though I didn't understand a word of it.  They're energy hyped up the matches a lot!

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 19, 2012, 05:04:26 AM »
I'm still not touching her with a ten-foot pole. They really need to stop needlessly nerfing her sweet ass.
That might make you the only Billy player not to want to face Leona.

Uh...what? I'm not a Billy player (I play Kyo/Beni/Clark) and I'd much rather face Leona than just about anyone else in the cast. Your point is?

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 19, 2012, 06:15:48 AM »
I'm still not touching her with a ten-foot pole. They really need to stop needlessly nerfing her sweet ass.

Uh...what? I'm not a Billy player (I play Kyo/Beni/Clark) and I'd much rather face Leona than just about anyone else in the cast. Your point is?

Sorry, that was a joke post. Thought I mentioned that before, my bad.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 19, 2012, 06:34:12 AM »
Uh...okay?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 19, 2012, 06:16:20 PM »

Sorry, that was a joke post. Thought I mentioned that before, my bad.

lol I got the joke.

But that's only because I have a sense of humor...

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 20, 2012, 12:26:07 AM »
I was also really impressed by the level of European players, particularly Fox.  I think he was also the guy who almost beat Mr KOF earlier in WCG?  
Yes it is Sir! Fox is just amazing & brilliant! I love his Mr. Karate!

Au passage, FOX, si tu lis ces quelques lignes, n'hésites pas joindre cette communauté internationale et bravo à toi champion! ;)

KoF 4 EVA

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 20, 2012, 12:44:40 PM »
I was there (I'm french). And some of the best matchs weren't stream, because quarter finals were amazing.
Really great event.
But I don't remember any KOF player who wasn't French though. So it was more a French tournament.

The average level wasn't that high since I was quite impressed by my own level comparatively, but we are progressing really fast. There are players who I saw from times to times and each time they improve their game and add new way to deal with the game. Our main problem is we don't have that much events or occasion to play together and thus the best players are stagnating, waiting for us to close the distance.

Oooh come on, I thought there were players other Europians than french :P. From that stream I can say that the French have a good level of play and their style of play is different from the U.S. players. I'am looking forward to seeing them in EVO. Hopefully they and other international players will be there.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 21, 2012, 05:37:59 AM »
Man it's been a while since I posted. Well I haven't been following KOF Climax at all. Is the game will be like the console version or will there be additional character changes?
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)