Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386237 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #600 on: April 25, 2012, 09:00:42 PM »
But which is the order of games with entries?

And I hope that people who went for the t-shirt at least play the game lots of guys seem to not care to play, and that will look bad

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 25, 2012, 09:03:52 PM »
If I had to wager a guess along with what Wiz said...

AE'12
UMvC3
KOFXIII (above three are confirmed positions)
MK9
SCV
SFxT

MK9 will probably gain a nice influx of players with that huge pot bonus Warner Bros. provided.  And SFxT should have low numbers just due to the 2v2 format itself.

And honestly, that's likely the order for final day showings.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 25, 2012, 09:17:03 PM »
I doubt that SXT is the lower game on the list, or the game does really has the lower entries on the last majors?

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 25, 2012, 09:29:38 PM »
I doubt that SXT is the lower game on the list, or the game does really has the lower entries on the last majors?

Again, the 2v2 format will lower entries by a ton.  By math logic alone, it lowers the potential entries by 50%.  Then the fact that there are people who don't feel like teaming up, or are not enjoying the game anymore and...yeah, it's likely the last game on the list.  It will be 5th at best, again, that MK9 pot bonus is too hard to ignore.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 26, 2012, 02:07:15 AM »
Somebody asked when registration for evo ended so here it is, June 25, 2012 @ 11:59pm PST.

The price for registering is only $50, but that lasts only till May 1st. Don't know what it will go up to after that. I hope to see a lot of you guys there.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 26, 2012, 06:51:23 PM »
Climax is out today.  Should be interesting to see what goes down.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 26, 2012, 07:27:36 PM »
I guess the Climax
(Puts on sunglasses)
Came sooner than expected.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

I'm sorry.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 26, 2012, 08:17:17 PM »
Climax is out today.  Should be interesting to see what goes down.

Hopefully things other than balance changes, such as endings for Billy and Saiki, for example.

To me, its like KOF going the Continuum Shift II route.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 26, 2012, 08:30:09 PM »
We know that it was going to take something like winning a major with Leona so people can remove that stigma from her and that's why I challenged Bala to win PowerUp with her.

I dunno what you're smoking because she's never been low tier and honestly you guys were the one that created the stigma. The harsh truth is you guys just didn't do the research or just failed to recognize that.

Now granted the majority of these videos are from the arcade version, you know how little has changed for her hence it's still relevant.  Lastly, not to take anything away from Bala's stellar performance at PU'2012, she was already known to be good since 4leaf used her in STA matches, ESB Sam's infamous Leona, and more recently Reynald using her in the last few TheRunBacks; it doesn't take a major to know what we already knew.

Here's evidence from older posts of Japanese players tearing it up shown here (Post was from as early as 10/11/2010), here, here, here, this one is just off a counter hit, here, another list of videos and one more for kicks from the console version.

The irony of the whole thing, we remember you telling ESB Sam, the same person who beat you with Leona, to drop Leona because she wasn't good =)

Well I'm pretty sure there's video from every character beasting in the FIRST 3 months when the game was released in the ARCADE version lol so your videos don't mean much.

You say "we knew" but I've done some research and I CAN NOT find a tier list from you where you we point out that Leona is good. What I see here is that you are trying to capitalize on somebody else success at a major tournament with Leona, now that you see her potential you come out and say "we knew" when our tier list has been out for moths and you just now come and say this, that is not right in my opinion.

To make a tier list it not only requires knowledge about the game but also BALLS since we are putting our ideas out there and we gotta be prepared for people's reaction and the possibility that we can be wrong. So if you want to compare apples to apples grab your "TIERS" and put a list together.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 26, 2012, 09:01:23 PM »
Climax is out today.  Should be interesting to see what goes down.

Hopefully things other than balance changes, such as endings for Billy and Saiki, for example.

How so exactly?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 26, 2012, 09:51:21 PM »
Well I'm pretty sure there's video from every character beasting in the FIRST 3 months when the game was released in the ARCADE version lol so your videos don't mean much.

Your logical is completely flawed; Raiden was dropping kicking people week 1--does that not mean much?

You say "we knew" but I've done some research and I CAN NOT find a tier list from you where you we point out that Leona is good.

That's the point, you don't need a tier list to prove someone is good.  Observation and common sense will dictate the results of most tier lists.  When I meant research I didn't mean research a tier list, I meant research her gameplay, research her being used effectively.

What I see here is that you are trying to capitalize on somebody else success at a major tournament with Leona,

Isn't that what you did with Bala for PU2012?  Not that I think it's not a valid point.  You should take into consideration a player winning with X character at tournaments, isn't that how most tier lists shifts?

now that you see her potential you come out and say "we knew" when our tier list has been out for moths and you just now come and say this, that is not right in my opinion.

WTH???!  We've been saying she's been good for AGES, why do you think I highlighted those posts BACK THEN.   You just never agreed with us, we talked about her in the arcade days saying she was good, you just denied it.

I told you how I felt about Leona multiple times including right after you made the tier list--how can you possibly said I changed my opinion only due to recent Leona activity?

To make a tier list it not only requires knowledge about the game but also BALLS since we are putting our ideas out there and we gotta be prepared for people's reaction and the possibility that we can be wrong. So if you want to compare apples to apples grab your "TIERS" and put a list together.

This has nothing to do with the point at hand but I'll be more than happy to prepare one when I get a chance.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:13:08 PM by Kane317 »

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 26, 2012, 11:01:32 PM »
Climax is out today.  Should be interesting to see what goes down.

How so exactly?

In Continuum Shift II, it is the console version of Continuum Shift ported to Arcades, but with added balance changes and one more character who would be released on consoles in mid 2011 (Platinum; this is for vanilla CS2, btw), the characters from console CS1 who didn't receive an ending (Makoto, Valkenhayn, Mu-12, and Platinum) would eventually receive endings. The game would receive an update in the fall of 2011 that adds another stage and another character (Relius).

KOF XIII: Climax, on the other hand, follows the CS2 route by porting the console version to Arcades and adding some changes (such as balance fixes, new endings, etc.). I'd laugh if we did receive the Climax changes on Vita instead of PS3 and Xbox 360, but the latter two would get the changes in a future release (Which is doubtful).

That is how I view KOF XIII: Climax going the Continuum Shift II route. I don't really mind paying for a KOF XIII update on consoles that adds a few characters, the changes from Climax, better netcode, and such to be honest.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:04:52 PM by Mikel »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 26, 2012, 11:16:17 PM »
Except, one, the changes for Climaxes are mostly fixes rather than blatant balance updates (unless you really want to get technical about 2 damage for Raiden).

Secondly, there's no guarantee that the new characters would get endings, especially when you consider only Saiki seems to have had any effect on the story (obviously since he's the Big Bad), and his ending would either be the generic "Big Bad wins everything" or just him losing...again.  At best, they might give Billy a generic ending of his own.

Thirdly, there are no new characters for Climax that the console version hasn't already received, unlike in CS2 where they got Platinum early.

And for the final time, and I'm sick of having to repeat myself, it's extremely unlikely we'll get more characters, and for damn sure we aren't getting better netcode for the same exact game.  We'll probably get a title update for the Climax fixes and that's about it.  People really need to stop treating Climax as more than it is.  The only reason I'm excited about it is because it means more footage of more players actively playing the game, which can up my own playing.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 27, 2012, 07:50:16 AM »
KOFXIII has officially turned into the best KOF ever.

KoFXIII ~ Surprise Rose Airwalk Bug

Someone needs to try this on CLIMAX.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 27, 2012, 09:05:54 AM »
hehe, that Saiki ^