Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386396 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: MLG Status edition
« Reply #645 on: May 01, 2012, 03:55:19 AM »
Bala vs Poongko at EVO

GET HYPE!
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #646 on: May 01, 2012, 04:10:36 AM »
is there any chance that KoF XIII will come to the PC as a digital download e.g. steam?
No

PC HAZ NO FAITAN GAEMS

(inb4* you'll talk about MB, SF4 and old GG#R and BBCT)

*PS: SFxTK IS NOT A FIGHTING GAME
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:17:44 AM by G100.Vinn Aleixo (AleixoFM) »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 01, 2012, 05:07:12 AM »
I heard that now KOF has surpassed Marvel on the number of entries

Waifu Material

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 01, 2012, 05:14:51 AM »
Is it possible we can rename this topic to Evolution Edition now that MLG has come and gone?

Also, I know Evo announced 30 countries will be representing it this year and Digi brought up a good point in another forum, that KoF13 is one of the reasons why so many countries are coming out this year. I can't wait to see the level of play for this game at Evo.

yeah, this is impressive.  I'd like to see heavy hitters from Hong Kong and China attend this year though.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 01, 2012, 05:21:47 AM »

Uh...where exactly did you hear this?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 01, 2012, 06:21:29 AM »
Then SNK will have their plan complete...KOF WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 01, 2012, 08:19:43 AM »
Then SNK will have their plan complete...KOF WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!

Here's to gladly being a co-conspirator.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 01, 2012, 10:02:23 AM »
*PS: SFxTK IS NOT A FIGHTING GAME
LOL! Agree! xD

Is it possible we can rename this topic to Evolution Edition now that MLG has come and gone?
Also agree
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:05:15 AM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 01, 2012, 11:05:54 AM »
Climax => Taito => Hack => Boot pc
My 2 cent

SHHHHHH. We don't condone that kind of stuff around these parts.

Pretty sure that's the point he was making.

And Xxenace, that doesn't stop you from playing with them in all your other games.

Plus how does he know that KOF XIII exists and that it didnt die with the old SNK? and that these forums arent only in his mind?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:49:58 AM by Eripio69 »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 01, 2012, 11:50:46 AM »
My 2 cent

Thanks for supporting the game.
I'll be the first one to buy a pc version, especially because once modified we'll be able to do a better netcode. But it's also because I bought a xbox360 only for this kof (my only other game is bbcs2), I'm not a console player, for me those engines are just shit.
My 2 cent

SHHHHHH. We don't condone that kind of stuff around these parts.

Pretty sure that's the point he was making.

And Xxenace, that doesn't stop you from playing with them in all your other games.
I thought he was talking about the fact a pc version will be hack if snk release one. Not the fact the actual version will be hack and then put on pc.

I got a question anyone knows how to fight against Benimaru? I lost to Benimaru during Tournament way to many times. I'm asking how to play against him and any weaknesses I should look out for.

Depends on who you're using of course. I haven't played that many Beni's because of a lack of decent players online  but these are the big things that piss me off and give me trouble:

Beni's st.D. It's an amazingly good poke and he's totally safe after doing it and it's going to beat a lot of your pokes. It reminds me a lot of Chun Li's st.HP in 3S, it's a really broken and stupidly good poke. I discovered that Billy's cr.A beats it but it's just a matter of figuring out what you can do to beat that specific move if you're dealing with a Beni player who wants to play footsies like that.

Another problem with Beni is his amazing air game. He's got a great crossup, air fireballs, drills, etc. What I do is if I see him jump at me I tend to neutral jump and counter with whatever he does or use a really good AA like Billy's EX Upkicks. If Beni knocks you down and does an air EX Fireball you could just block it, if he tries to hit you you can do an EX wakeup that goes through the fireball, or I think you can AB Roll out.

Well Beni D IS punishable, since it's -2 in guard. But it's only possible for a few character (Kyo, Andy, may be some others). Anyway once he puts a D in your guard you have the advantage, plus his D comes out quite slowly. So you can put your own D to prevent him to D ... But you lose the advantage. One other possibility is to dp it, but you need good reflex, you can also mind and jump on him (Quite good risk&reward since a dp will make you lose between 120 and 250 hp if he does an ex and you might be able to kill him if you have enough meter), avoid hops, they will be hit by the D. Don't jump after a D in guard though, he will hit you if he's spamming it. You can't roll through, he will punish you while recovering.

Keep also in mind Beni jump D is the most part of the time crossup, if you want to anti air him prefer d.C or charge moves. d.C will trade quite often from my experience but it's better than letting him jump freely on you. And dp might be avoid by his air qcf.P or d.D so they are a quite dangerous bet.

Beni matchup is very special, because his jump arcs are unique. He his a stronghold, his defensive options are really strong. So you must attack him carefully, and keep in mind each option has is own defaults. Don't forget his ex command throw is invincible and has a lot of range, it might put you in trouble on his wake up >.>

Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 01, 2012, 02:15:31 PM »

Come on guys why so much hate for PC?! Yes' I agree that SFxT is not exactly a fighting game but why are you so pessimistic about KoF XIII coming to the PC?! PC could open many opportunities for SNK; they could bring thier other arcade games on PC also.

Agreed! I am already Hyped!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 01, 2012, 04:22:13 PM »
Bala vs Poongko at EVO

GET HYPE!

There is little chance of Poongko not getting destroyed.

His main focus seems to be SF4.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 01, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »

Uh...where exactly did you hear this?

I had a friend who is a premium member on SRK and seems to know this things before anyone else, at leat he has said rumours correct in the past

Even though again, I don't had hard proof of that

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 01, 2012, 05:19:43 PM »
Bala vs Poongko at EVO

GET HYPE!

There is little chance of Poongko not getting destroyed.

His main focus seems to be SF4.

But he's also a KOF player first and foremost.  And he's definitely pretty strong in XIII.  Underestimating him is not a wise thing to do.

And sib, it's best to wait on seeing the legitimate numbers.  Even then, it doesn't matter too much, since no matter what, it's going on before Marvel and AE on Finals Day.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 01, 2012, 05:58:18 PM »
Quote from: Saitsuofleaves link=topic=2101.msg52281#msg52281
But he's also a KOF player first and foremost.  And he's definitely pretty strong in XIII.  Underestimating him is not a wise thing to do.

I'm going by what I've seen of his matches on cafe id, he doesn't seem like much of a threat unless he was holding back or has leveled up a lot.

His play in the last team tournament in particular was very sloppy, he was easily the weak link on his team.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:00:02 PM by Diavle »