Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386316 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #690 on: May 03, 2012, 05:33:17 PM »
Some pictures are incredible amazing

Waifu Material

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 03, 2012, 06:33:34 PM »
I can easily see most of those being reused for KoF XIV, I would love being able to relive those past KoF sagas in XIII's visuals. And while I was excited to see Geese, I was disappointed not seeing Rugal...

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 03, 2012, 06:51:03 PM »
No Vanessa sprite makes me sad  :(

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 03, 2012, 07:48:43 PM »
fuck that chick no blue mary makes me sad

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 03, 2012, 08:04:24 PM »

Even though we can't agree on some things, at least we can all agree that it's good there isn't one for Bao.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 03, 2012, 08:07:58 PM »

Even though we can't agree on some things, at least we can all agree that it's good there isn't one for Bao.
or chris

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #696 on: May 03, 2012, 08:24:53 PM »
Why can't we just get characters for XIII rather than waiting for XIV??? SNKp doesn't need to rush making another one, they've got a gem already, and the hype train is still moving... Besides, I could've sworn they mentioned something about other characters coming not counting the ones we have now...

But yeah, Heidern, Geese, and Adel would make great additions... I would straight up put Billy Kane in there with Geese and Heidern, and put Kensou and Mature on the back burner (I worked too hard to be good with them, so I can't drop them altogether)...

To the Vanessa fans I saw whatever... She stole Rick Strowd's swag anyway... Bring back Foxy!!! She's original!!!

Oh yeah, if SNKp really want to get people to buy this game, they gotta bring back Team USA, especially Heavy D!

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 03, 2012, 08:51:34 PM »

No Yamazaki makes me sad.

Altogether, great work, good to see the artists are still at work; Geese looks AWESOME!

Why can't we just get characters for XIII rather than waiting for XIV??? SNKp doesn't need to rush making another one, they've got a gem already, and the hype train is still moving.
Oh yeah, if SNKp really want to get people to buy this game, they gotta bring back Team USA, especially Heavy D!

Agreed!

Battle_Joe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 04, 2012, 12:25:36 AM »
Maybe this is a way for SNK playmore to see the fan reaction before committing to incorporating any new characters? I know the fans impact what characters they add to the game, and those sprites look mighty appealing. And if your gonna make trading cards why make them look like sprites to tease us? Drawings would've done the job just fine. If it turns out to be additional characters personally I think it would be smarter to just add to the KOFXIII roster at this point, but then again what do I know.

In any case if any good news surfaces soon, I would add Whip to my team with the quickness!
Add me on XBL: Batt1e Joe

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 04, 2012, 02:31:40 AM »
I hope folks will forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but one image =/= a sprite. You need at least 500 hundred other images before they can be sprites. :P

And while a lot of them look great, there is no more confirmation of their future inclusion than the images of Chang, Malin and Momoko were.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 04, 2012, 04:21:58 AM »
Why can't we just get characters for XIII rather than waiting for XIV??? SNKp doesn't need to rush making another one, they've got a gem already, and the hype train is still moving...

Pretty much. Having a revision with a better netcode and more characters would get even more hype in on this.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 04, 2012, 06:31:23 AM »
Why can't we just get characters for XIII rather than waiting for XIV??? SNKp doesn't need to rush making another one, they've got a gem already, and the hype train is still moving...

Pretty much. Having a revision with a better netcode and more characters would get even more hype in on this.

IF the new characters are balanced well, if not, it will be hell and it will just be a "typical KOF". But a better online code would be awesome, although I must admit, in the past 2 months I been having great online matches with 3 and 4 bars, not offline perfect, but 90% playable, enough to try and do a HD combo.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #702 on: May 04, 2012, 07:23:02 AM »

IF the new characters are balanced well, if not, it will be hell and it will just be a "typical KOF". But a better online code would be awesome, although I must admit, in the past 2 months I been having great online matches with 3 and 4 bars, not offline perfect, but 90% playable, enough to try and do a HD combo.

I've been sticking with playing those in my friends list that I have 3 to 4 bar connections with, and it's good, but I would like the netcode to be more stronger for countries outside of the Japan, which it seems more optimized for rather than USA or any other wide countries. So, you can't really do random online matches like you can in SSF4, AH3, BB or any other games that have good netplay.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 04, 2012, 07:29:53 AM »
To the Vanessa fans I saw whatever... She stole Rick Strowd's swag anyway... Bring back Foxy!!! She's original!!!

Rick who? Yeh he is pretty cool, but i think Vanessa is better, and i'm not saying it because she is a chick. Maybe it's because i always prefered KOF with original-character-do-not-steal instead of bringing back characters from previous series.

And i agree with Foxy, she appears in XIII and at least she has her sprite and a few animations/frames done, that means she probably has her 3D model done, so it's a step forward i guess, same with Diana. Now if they add both ass playable characters i would die happy.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 04, 2012, 04:44:45 PM »

That'll be the best choice but can they do it with a patch or they'll have to release it on CD? personally I don't mind both.