Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386468 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #720 on: May 06, 2012, 01:01:26 AM »
SS2012 KOF13 TOP8
Xiaohai.Dakou.V1p3R.Ryan Hart.Poongko.Tokido.Houshen.Ero Oyaji

Dakou said that he practiced kof13 since April but Xiaohai started earlier and practiced very hard.

Pools weren't much fun but that's because neither of the powerhouses collided, top 8 will hopefull deliver.

You know, seeing some of the previous posts about KOF12 sure makes me think how SNK would've been right now if they decided to fully finish KOf12 instead of that rush job they gave us.

At a time when IMO the new generation of fighting game hype was at it's highest, they probably would've been the talk of the town for those years in between the KOF12 release and the KOF13 console release. If only they just didn't rush that damn game.

And hell, I'd imagine that f they took their time, they may have made enough money to actually have made possibly either a new intallment in one of their other series.

Development was taking too long and they were running low on money, they were forced to release something to get at least some return on the investment.

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #721 on: May 06, 2012, 09:29:08 AM »
Development was taking too long and they were running low on money, they were forced to release something to get at least some return on the investment.

but that made them lose the fans faith

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 06, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »

Hardcore fans will always be there no matter what. Money from the other side are not lol.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #723 on: May 06, 2012, 10:30:03 AM »

They basically pulled a "Capcom"-- a poorly executed version though...

SNK probably knew that XII wouldn't be as great as say XI, so no sooner than XII dropped awhile later 98UM came to be, as did 02UM... Speaking of which, Bao in XIII would've been great; I mean imagine the HD combos he could do...

You also gotta think, at that time SNK overall was bigger elsewhere than it is in the US... I've been to numerous places throughout the world where there were just as many SNK/KOF games as there were games by Namco, Capcom, Konami, even Arcsys, if not more than them... They might've been a "small" company, but they're still bigwigs per sé... They could've just cleaned the sprites they had from XI and made them "HD" with full blown moves, and kept the XI system but balanced it out, and "added" more characters (at least ones from 2003)... For them to use a whole new graphics engine and whole new system shows me that though it was a risk, they still had money to invest in that risk, and it wasn't a complete stab in the dark... They know that their older graphics was something that kept most away from the game, in conjunction with the input "difficulty", so they went about it in a way where they could eliminate one issue and mitigate the other... You gotta give them credit for that...

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 06, 2012, 10:37:19 AM »
^ I appreciate the fact that they kept the sprites system and they did not go the SFIV way.

Btw I know people who loved XII. What truly killed it was the bad netcode. XIII's netcode is not great but you have a lot of offline content. XII had nothing enjoyable.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 06, 2012, 10:45:21 AM »
Holy crap, did you guys watch the Xiaohai VS Tokido grand finals at Shadowloo Showdown? The matches were extremely intense, probably my favourite grand finals for this game yet.

Mad respect to Tokido for holding things down as well as he did and the excellent download and adjustment by Xiaohai.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:52:59 AM by Diavle »

SaberX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 06, 2012, 11:09:44 AM »
Good final, Billy Kane was the deciding factor for Xiaohai.  After Tokido reset the brackets I thought he might win it, but Xiaohai downloaded him.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 06, 2012, 11:10:19 AM »
Holy crap, did you guys watch the Xiaohai VS Tokido grand finals at Shadowloo Showdown? The matches were extremely intense, probably my favourite grand finals for this game yet.

Mad respect to Tokido for holding things down as well as he did and the excellent download and adjustment by Xiaohai.

Yeah, the grand finals were great!  I hope to see more from China and Japan as they get more experience from the game.

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #728 on: May 06, 2012, 11:20:43 AM »

They basically pulled a "Capcom"-- a poorly executed version though...

SNK probably knew that XII wouldn't be as great as say XI, so no sooner than XII dropped awhile later 98UM came to be, as did 02UM... Speaking of which, Bao in XIII would've been great; I mean imagine the HD combos he could do...

You also gotta think, at that time SNK overall was bigger elsewhere than it is in the US... I've been to numerous places throughout the world where there were just as many SNK/KOF games as there were games by Namco, Capcom, Konami, even Arcsys, if not more than them... They might've been a "small" company, but they're still bigwigs per sé... They could've just cleaned the sprites they had from XI and made them "HD" with full blown moves, and kept the XI system but balanced it out, and "added" more characters (at least ones from 2003)... For them to use a whole new graphics engine and whole new system shows me that though it was a risk, they still had money to invest in that risk, and it wasn't a complete stab in the dark... They know that their older graphics was something that kept most away from the game, in conjunction with the input "difficulty", so they went about it in a way where they could eliminate one issue and mitigate the other... You gotta give them credit for that...

I remember when they announced kofXII
they promised the ultimate 2D fighting game of all time
KOF12 graphics are superior but the game play style seems more like KOF94
they were selling the game for 20$ months after the release and still no one is buying it
the biggest games retail shop here didnt bring KOFXIII because of what they had from KOF12

KOF02um is a great game but they only sold it in Japan for limited quantity
they were only marketing KOF12 while they knew its not up to standards  
KOF02um is the most popular arcade game in my area now  while KOF13 have few fans
because the original KOF players were shocked from KOF12

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

baikdizz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 06, 2012, 11:34:20 AM »
what a final wooh xiaohai downloaded tokido but in fact he show us something crucial about the karate match up zoning character like billy kula perhaps clark and ralf can give karate trouble and i know people doesn't want to learn the match up and pick karate at the end i will end up like wesker
I think if xiaohai ash and dakou come to evo after learning the game mechanic il will be epic

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 06, 2012, 11:54:41 AM »

Anyone have a link to the archive for the finals? Thanks.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 06, 2012, 02:02:19 PM »
Idk why people think they already have to be on a new game.  They shouldn't even consider making a new game until at least November. 

Every successful company or at-least want's to be successful plans what they well do for their next product before they release the product at hand. If SNK does not want to fall behind they well have to keep up with their competition. That means they should have been working on their next product since at-least last November.

I am not saying they should be like capcom spamming games all over and they are all shitty; they should release a teaser or something to hype people. They can make their announcement  this late summer and release it next summer or even release it the end of next year.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 06, 2012, 03:09:35 PM »
BTW, I'm one that does not believe that SNKP has to release a new KOF game. We all know it will be the next installment in the Dream Match games, but I think KOF13 can still go on for maybe another year before we see the next game.

what I want SNKP to do is work on one of their other series is what I'm saying. I don't know why people all of a sudden seem to have forgotten how many great franchises this company has. I know I can't be the only one who wants to see a new Metal Slug, FF, SS, Last Blade or even a sequel of sorts to Magician Lord.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 06, 2012, 03:12:37 PM »
I would expect a KOF14 in the next 2 years. in the mean time they have to do something different that appeals to a more casual crowd. I would think Garou 2 (with Just Defend making a comeback) or a new Samurai Shodown aside from an HD Metal Slug.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 06, 2012, 04:27:26 PM »
^

I too would like to see a new Garou but I think that would separate the new comers. The best choice for them now is to stick with KoF atm; until they establish more ground at-least.

Off Topic: The Answer I hope you read this has anyone point out to you that you look like Frank Mir (will atleast to me) If you dont know who's Frank Mir he's a MMA heavy wight in the UFC