Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 389423 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #750 on: May 07, 2012, 10:07:11 PM »
Actually SNK was shocked when Shane Bettenhouse told them that their netcode sucked ass and that Japan was roughly a little bigger than half of California.  SNK was shocked to realize how big the US is.  At least that's what it was when it was posted on the Ignition boards for KOF XII way back when.
Who the f**k is that Shane Bettenstuff...?!
And what are you talking about, "Actualy..." so means KOF XIII, or KOF XII in Ignition boards?!...
And finaly, what is pertinent in your post?! Srry Just asking causes I dont see anything...
worked for ignition entertainment not that hard to use google and it's not like he was lying either though i do beleive the comment was made toward kof 12 instead of 13 but to be honest not like it matters because both suck ass though one sucks a little less

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 07, 2012, 10:08:10 PM »
Actually SNK was shocked when Shane Bettenhouse told them that their netcode sucked ass and that Japan was roughly a little bigger than half of California.  SNK was shocked to realize how big the US is.  At least that's what it was when it was posted on the Ignition boards for KOF XII way back when.
Who the f**k is that Shane Bettenstuff...?!
And what are you talking about, "Actualy..." so means KOF XIII, or KOF XII in Ignition boards?!...
And finaly, what is pertinent in your post?! Srry Just asking causes I dont see anything...

Wrong spelling.  His name is Shane Bettenhausen.  He's the one that used to be editor of EGM, he was also the Director of Business Development for Ignition entertainment and it was his call for King of Fighters XII console release.  He was the one that talked to SNKP about the netcode for KOF XII and talked to them personally to fix the netcode and what America wanted.

He's also famous for his journalism and telling everyone point blank that the reason Xbox is preferred is because Microsoft gave EVERY magazine journalist FREE 360s.  FREE copies of the games and FREE years of Xbox live.  

Shane is also called Mangod for some odd reason.

The reason it's important is because he was on SNKP's ass for over a year about their netcode.  He actually tried to hold them accountable for it and tried to get them to fix the shitty netcode.  SNKP did the Japanese thing and said "Not possible" when in America you crack your fucking back and MAKE it possible.

I still wonder why SNKP went with GSS again.  They make a great game that sold more in the western world but still has shitty Japanese netcode that can suck my balls.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 07, 2012, 10:22:51 PM »
Guys I am very curious to find out how many copies XIII sold until today. Is there a way to find out?

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 07, 2012, 11:57:52 PM »
Guys I am very curious to find out how many copies XIII sold until today. Is there a way to find out?

All I know is that it sold more than UMvC3 and SFxT (according to VGchartz).

That Shane guy seems to deserve the nickname Mangod.

I think an Ultimate Match would be the best choice. I don't think they need to bring a new system; this system is great IMHO. They can add 21 more characters, 10 more stages and refine the characters by adding more DM's, win poses and special character intros and sell it for 30$ (I know I am dreaming but if they did this I'll buy 4 copies of the game for me my cousins and friend even if it's 60$).

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 08, 2012, 12:00:12 AM »

VGchartz is bs.

There are no known sales numbers for the game.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 08, 2012, 12:00:22 AM »
And again, VGChartz is straight worthless.  I think I'm gonna put it in my sig with how much I have to say it.

And a UM would be best...a year from now at the earliest.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 08, 2012, 01:53:34 AM »
Just think about a random number, and that number will be more accurate than VGChartz info.

Capcom just said they sold more than a million copies of SFxT (and also +1M of RE:ORC), so that's the closest we have to official sales for that side.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 08, 2012, 03:28:53 AM »
Awww man, VGchartz sucks? I thought they were legit :( what do they base their numbers on?
In it to win it!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 08, 2012, 03:30:25 AM »
Awww man, VGchartz sucks? I thought they were legit :( what do they base their numbers on?

Whatever they pull out of a hat.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 08, 2012, 03:34:33 AM »
oh btw, does anyone know who runs the kof scene in NYC? like, all the kumate stuff? i wanna contact that person to see if they wanna be interviewed on the dreamcancel podcast. thanks!
In it to win it!

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 08, 2012, 05:07:54 AM »
oh btw, does anyone know who runs the kof scene in NYC? like, all the kumate stuff? i wanna contact that person to see if they wanna be interviewed on the dreamcancel podcast. thanks!

Contact Akuma Hokoru

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 08, 2012, 07:00:30 AM »

That Shane guy seems to deserve the nickname Mangod.

I think an Ultimate Match would be the best choice. I don't think they need to bring a new system; this system is great IMHO. They can add 21 more characters, 10 more stages and refine the characters by adding more DM's, win poses and special character intros and sell it for 30$ (I know I am dreaming but if they did this I'll buy 4 copies of the game for me my cousins and friend even if it's 60$).

21 characters is beyond dreaming m8 :D if they manage to make so many characters in 2 years at best then they will need to charge full price.

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #762 on: May 08, 2012, 07:10:26 AM »

no need to worry about how many copies they sold
the company has revived already and working on new projects
they are also Hiring new employees in their website

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

ngazi

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 08, 2012, 07:58:09 AM »
Hey guys, I'm a noob and I posted here looking for the videos of Shadowloo Showdown but I found it in the video thread. Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:00:14 AM by ngazi »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 08, 2012, 09:49:58 AM »
Hey guys, I'm a noob and I posted here looking for the videos of Shadowloo Showdown but I found it in the video thread. Thanks.

Welcome, and hope you stick around to level up.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995