Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386322 times)

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #960 on: May 17, 2012, 11:24:36 PM »

Then show me a fighting game that in the past had load times between matches and it didn't stress the system? Most fighting games I've seen don't have the load times there unless they had to condense the memory packets cause it was too much for the system to handle all at once. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not talking about the system can barely run it when it's going. I'm talking about memory management. If you have loading times more then likely to are having to compile and condense a lot of memory on the fly. The more info the computer has to work with the more taxed out the computer is to do lightning quick connection adjustments. Kinda works the same with using up all your ram on your computer. Suddenly it's not so fast anymore.

Rival Schools on the PS1 immediately came to mind when I read your post.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 18, 2012, 01:31:47 AM »
it´s just something recent in the FGC, opposed to first person shooters, where it´s been around for 30 years.

More like 16 years. Quake was the first FPS designed with online multiplayer that had a degree of lag compensation that wasn't purely LAN-based. Even then weird things happen in FPS games. Just look up Face Stabs in Team Fortress 2.

I honestly don't think the 13 netcode is that bad, the real problem are the amount of people on wirless/bad connections, and there just not being enough people playing. One hopes the netcode is on par with Skullgirls for SNKP's next game though. WITH lobbies.

Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 18, 2012, 04:22:45 AM »
Personally, although I love XIII, I don't think they should release an updated version. I'd rather see them utilize their resources to create a new KoF with what we want(characters, stages, intros, more moves, etc.).

KoF XIV should do what 98UM and 2002UM did. Add ALL the characters and bosses from the last saga, use one of the gameplay engines used(in this case it would be XIII's, I don't see 2003's/XI's or XII's returning.), add Rugal, Goenitz, and the New Face Team, and viola! You got yourself one hell of a dream match!

Problem with that is that SNK should create a big amount of sprites to make this happen

-Tizoc
-Jhun
-Chang
-Gato
-Yamazaki
-Blue Mary
-Shingo
-Hinako
-Malin
-Whip
-Chizuru
-Adhelaid
-Mukai
-Oswald
-Duck King
-Vanessa
-Ramon
-Eiji
-Kasumi
-Jenet
-Momoko
-Gai
-Silber
-Hayate
-Jyazu
-Shion
-Magaki

Then if SNK does it for the lols, they could add the new blood team, the PS2 exclusives, and maybe filling some spaces to make the roster with some sense, but without, those extras, you are already doing more sprites than SNKP has made just for one game (considering that for XII they release 22 and in XIII like 13 more that even were developed just for XII

Knowing how tight is SNK with money, is almost impossible to dream, will be cool sure, but it will take between 2 or 3 years to make an UM version of the ash saga

Waifu Material

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 18, 2012, 04:49:35 AM »
I'm offended that you forgot Lin. He was the best MK character in an SNK game.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 18, 2012, 04:51:50 AM »

Lin hasn't appeared on the ash saga besides some mention from some character

Waifu Material

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 18, 2012, 06:15:45 AM »

Expect him in the next saga, going after Ron still.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 18, 2012, 06:55:09 AM »
I honestly don't think the 13 netcode is that bad, the real problem are the amount of people on wirless/bad connections, and there just not being enough people playing. One hopes the netcode is on par with Skullgirls for SNKP's next game though. WITH lobbies.

Naw man, it's still crap. If I can't get a decent match with a person a state away. You've got problems. Not everyone's got T1 connections. They gotta compensate for people that have normal everyday connections. Not Japanese 5G connections or whatever.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #967 on: May 18, 2012, 07:06:16 AM »
KOF13's netcode is good....

For Japan.

But it's bad for USA and other wide and spread out countries.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 18, 2012, 08:22:07 AM »

@Baka-kun:on my xbox, I don't have any load times between rounds, screen blacks out for a moment then comes back again. Then again, I installed KoF to the hard drive. On memory management and net code... If you can run first person shooters with several players on one level without the memory management affecting the performance, then sure as sh1t you can have 2 measly players (one to one connection) running lagless. Yes, there's tons to load, but close to nothing to process, the puter is left mostly free to send stuff. I stick to my opinion that bad netcode is more likely due to the fact that netplay is quite new in FGs. And if one is realistic, our expectations may be too high. A fighting game is a hectic thing, and no matter how good the code is, you are still at the mercy of your and your opponents ISPs. Just a couple of milliseconds can make or break a match.

I think we feel similar on the subject. I don't personally think fighting games are as hard as say a MMORPG. However the online lag is ridiculously noticable compared to any other genre out there. I think most can feel the lag up to 1/10th of a second and the bitching usually starts around 1/4 of a second. That is not a lot of room for error. I think like you that the FGC is relatively new online (serious wise) ad it going to take time to get everything to work properly.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 18, 2012, 08:54:37 AM »
it´s just something recent in the FGC, opposed to first person shooters, where it´s been around for 30 years.

More like 16 years. Quake was the first FPS designed with online multiplayer that had a degree of lag compensation that wasn't purely LAN-based. Even then weird things happen in FPS games. Just look up Face Stabs in Team Fortress 2.

NO. The netcode is BAD. On SFxt and SFIV I have decent matches with players from america. On kof I cant even play with UK ppl.

KOF13's netcode is good....

For Japan.

But it's bad for USA and other wide and spread out countries.

And that's why I am glad that America gives more attention to SNKp these days. That way they will be forced to create a netcode that does not satisfy only japanese people.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 08:58:26 AM by Eripio69 »

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 18, 2012, 10:22:07 AM »

If they make KoF XIV wont they change the system? or could they just leave it as it is? I dont know what they did in previous titles. If they did make a new KoF rather than an expansion I dont think they will add the dead characters if they will add a story line (man I want geese, rugal and yashiro both versions of him).

@venusandeve: I dont think the DLC characters are OP; personally I dont really care about tier lists but 94 Kyo, claw Iori and Takuma are really powerful. 94 Kyo's juggle options are really good and his combos are really powerful. Claw Iori's damage output is more than flame Iori and he almost has the same options as Flame Iori maybe only the projectile he lacks. Takuma is really powerful, if a person plays well with him and gets you with one of his combos he can do serious damage as goes for Mr.KARATE but they play different; the only thing that Takuma lacks is a wake-up.

Guys there was blood in previous KoF games why the hell did they remove it?!

And the netcode.................SUX!!!!

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 18, 2012, 12:03:48 PM »

Then show me a fighting game that in the past had load times between matches and it didn't stress the system? Most fighting games I've seen don't have the load times there unless they had to condense the memory packets cause it was too much for the system to handle all at once. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not talking about the system can barely run it when it's going. I'm talking about memory management. If you have loading times more then likely to are having to compile and condense a lot of memory on the fly. The more info the computer has to work with the more taxed out the computer is to do lightning quick connection adjustments. Kinda works the same with using up all your ram on your computer. Suddenly it's not so fast anymore.

Rival Schools on the PS1 immediately came to mind when I read your post.

Now it's been forever since I touched that game but wasn't the extra content pretty expansive? I'd almost have to refer to my ex-roommate for all of what it had since he was the one who owned it, but thought there was enough to warrant the load times. Again going on fuzzy memory.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 18, 2012, 02:39:42 PM »

If they make KoF XIV wont they change the system? or could they just leave it as it is? I dont know what they did in previous titles. If they did make a new KoF rather than an expansion I dont think they will add the dead characters if they will add a story line (man I want geese, rugal and yashiro both versions of him).

@venusandeve: I dont think the DLC characters are OP; personally I dont really care about tier lists but 94 Kyo, claw Iori and Takuma are really powerful. 94 Kyo's juggle options are really good and his combos are really powerful. Claw Iori's damage output is more than flame Iori and he almost has the same options as Flame Iori maybe only the projectile he lacks. Takuma is really powerful, if a person plays well with him and gets you with one of his combos he can do serious damage as goes for Mr.KARATE but they play different; the only thing that Takuma lacks is a wake-up.

Guys there was blood in previous KoF games why the hell did they remove it?!

And the netcode.................SUX!!!!

I think Snkp is time to let past go. They should make each installment a whole saga and add expansions on it over time. XIII is too gorgeous to move to XIV so soon. Considering history only the last chapter of a saga is good gameplaywise. It is more like a curse lol. They always get it right the second time.

Anw whatever they do from now on I completely trust them cause with XIII they proved that they started listening to us.

On the dlc discussion I agree that the dlc are a little stronger. Flame Iori's rekkas bnb does a lot of damage and Mr. Karates tools are better than Takumas but nothing to break the game's balance. Seriously every tier list made for XIII is so debateable cause the game's balance is pretty good.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 18, 2012, 05:24:36 PM »

@Eripio69: I agree with you in almost everything but I am not convinced that the DLC characters are stronger.

I dont mind if they will bring KoF XIV as their new installment as long as they will use the same mechanics they used in XIII. Still if they will bring XIV with a new story I dont thin they will bring any of the dead characters; Gees, Rugal and Yashiro (both versions of him) will be the most missed by me.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 18, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »
If they're gonna keep the mechanics, then it should just be a UM of XIII.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.