Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386233 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1065 on: May 27, 2012, 04:07:54 AM »
Boy, SNK has been pretty silent lately have they?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 27, 2012, 06:34:51 AM »
no more than usual or are you just being sarcastic?

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 27, 2012, 06:58:09 AM »

They're working on King of Fighters 2013:  Challenge of the Slugfest KOF Never ends.  Has 45-50 characters, it has Classic and Advanced modes "KOF 98/02 and KOF 13" tons of EX characters and fixed nutcode.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 27, 2012, 07:06:40 AM »

Maybe they are quiet on KOF XIII for the Vita and KOF XIII: Complete Edition...

The latter I wouldn't mind, but the former will make an excellent offering as long as it has stuff exclusive to the PS Vita version, such as new characters, stages (KOF XII and maybe some new ones), and (hopefully) Arc System Works (or anything else that's better than GameSyncs) netcode.

I swear, SNK needs to hire Arc System Works on netcode assistance; if BlazBlue's netcode works perfectly, I don't see why they shouldn't do a better netcode for KOF XIII.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:08:19 AM by Mikel »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 27, 2012, 07:09:55 AM »
yeah exclusive characters on handhelds can FOAD twice also im sure a lot of people would be uber pissed if the handheld version had a better code than the console version

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 27, 2012, 07:15:48 AM »
yeah exclusive characters on handhelds can FOAD twice also im sure a lot of people would be uber pissed if the handheld version had a better code than the console version
Indeed they would be, but the PSP version of the BlazBlue games have features that PS3 and Xbox 360 owners would later earn (Legion mode, Abyss, new story scenarios, etc.); us console players were pissed that the PSP versions get new stuff, even if the gameplay is shit compared to the console versions (2D backgrounds, butchered voice samples and sound effects, remade gameplay, etc.).

I, for one, would be more than happy if the PS Vita version's (if it were to happen) additions were in the PS3 and 360 versions of KOF XIII (More likely for a complete edition). Oh, and SNK, please include dual audio (Japanese and English voices) for KOF XIII this time through the Complete Edition and Vita versions.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 07:17:23 AM by Mikel »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 27, 2012, 07:23:48 AM »
well i dont really care about new modes it's a fighting game so it's not like they can do something new and exiting anyway but im really not keen on exclusive characters for handhelds im fine with it if we can get the around the same as the handheld release though

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 27, 2012, 07:37:23 AM »
If they made a complete edition, I want new netcode.  I'd pay another 60 for working netcode.  Hell I want it on PSN so I don't have to get up and change the disk.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: May 27, 2012, 07:46:38 AM »
They're working on King of Fighters 2013:  Challenge of the Slugfest KOF Never ends.  Has 45-50 characters, it has Classic and Advanced modes "KOF 98/02 and KOF 13" tons of EX characters and fixed nutcode.

I wish. Just would like it that they weren't like Atlus in that they release information on their titles whenever they feel like it instead just playing it safe like every other company.

Also, what works for ASW doesn't necessarily means it works for SNK. They need to hire an American company or something.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: May 27, 2012, 09:24:05 AM »

I wish. Just would like it that they weren't like Atlus in that they release information on their titles whenever they feel like it instead just playing it safe like every other company.

Also, what works for ASW doesn't necessarily means it works for SNK. They need to hire an American company or something.

The only reason Aksys games work so damn well online is the fact that they were made for online.  I mean every move having at least five frames of leniency sure as hell helps compared to that one frame crap that SNK and Capcom still love to do.  It makes me wonder how it's going to be when Guilty Gear is put on PSN and XBLA.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: May 27, 2012, 06:26:20 PM »
They're working on King of Fighters 2013:  Challenge of the Slugfest KOF Never ends.  Has 45-50 characters, it has Classic and Advanced modes "KOF 98/02 and KOF 13" tons of EX characters and fixed nutcode.

The only reason Aksys games work so damn well online is the fact that they were made for online.  I mean every move having at least five frames of leniency sure as hell helps compared to that one frame crap that SNK and Capcom still love to do.  It makes me wonder how it's going to be when Guilty Gear is put on PSN and XBLA.

Agreed. BlazBlue is made for online experiences, but people can still enjoy the single player aspects of the game (such as Story, challenge, and Abyss modes). Don't get me wrong, I do prefer BlazBlue over KOF mostly because of its netcode, better story mode with spoken dialogue, unique single player offerings based on those from Guilty Gear, and dual language voice tracks.

Though SNK did say that they did test GGPO and it sadly didn't work well with KOF XIII, but to me, GGPO is still better than GameSyncs.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 06:32:01 PM by Mikel »

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: May 27, 2012, 06:59:11 PM »
Blazblue's always broken.  It's been broken since the first game and they just shift who's more broken in each game.  If I wanted to play a doujin game, I'd play Melty Blood.  If I wanted to play a good game Aksys made, I'd play Guilty Gear.  Now if I want to insinuate a fangirl argument, then I'd use Blazblue.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: May 27, 2012, 09:49:55 PM »
better story mode with spoken dialogue, unique single player offerings based on those from Guilty Gear, and dual language voice tracks.

Though SNK did say that they did test GGPO and it sadly didn't work well with KOF XIII, but to me, GGPO is still better than GameSyncs.

I hated the story mode of BB. It's too much inane anime dialogue that makes me fall asleep and it doesn't quite have the entertaining ridiculous factor of GG. Most of the story is just not entertaining and filled with writing in general. (I actually enjoyed XIII's more because it was simple and to the point, along with actually having a fairly decent plot) It only accomplishes its goal of wasting your time if you can't handle versus competition. Abyss mode is garbage and the only worthwhile piece of content is a very comprehensive tutorial/challenge mode that every fighting game should have.

I don't get what people's whole raging boner is with GGPO. It has only proven itself for emulators and so far hasn't managed to impress me elsewhere. Skullgirls included. It's already been stated that the thing takes up too many resources and won't work in most cases with newer games unless they explicitly revolve their game around its usage. Unless you want KOF to look like shit or the like, GGPO isn't the way to go. Much like how VF5 went by it, every company needs to handcraft netcodes that specifically work for their game. GGPO is hardly a cure-all.

Or we could wait for the next 5 years and see if internet connections get any better. ISPs willing.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: May 27, 2012, 10:33:58 PM »
No netcode is a cure all period.  And internet connections won't get better.

Anyway, Justin Wong is now a dream killer.  Literally destroyed a man's chance to go to EVO, just so he could get 2nd place.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: May 27, 2012, 10:57:28 PM »
It's alright, El Nino got to top 4, I'm sure his girl will understand. If she truly loves him, she'll let him go to EVO.