Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 390299 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1290 on: June 13, 2012, 11:50:09 PM »
Can anyone link me to the Tokido vs Bala MLG set?

Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: June 14, 2012, 01:23:03 AM »
You sir are a badass. Thanks!

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 14, 2012, 05:05:47 AM »
I read that BALA will be going to CEO.. will there be any other big names attending or is BALA gonna take it hands down?  :)

Loona

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Tweets
« Reply #1294 on: June 14, 2012, 03:04:26 PM »
James Chen talking on the MLG KOF turnout & community

Chen's take on the reason for the low turnout kind of match what Desmond and David have said in the latest DriveCancel ep, but part of me wants to make a bigger deal out of the entry fee or it starting for Friday instead of Saturday, but that might not deter me either from going.

I think the Friday start cannot be stressed enough.  Let's say you get paid hourly at your job, and let's say you make minimum wage (I'm low balling it) and you normally work 8 hours a day.  You're talking about $64 that you're not making PLUS the $50 and now we're talking about a MINIMUM of $114 that you're really investing.

I felt inspired to comment on the whole thing, originally intending to reply to Gunsmith's rant at orochinagi.com, but it seems the post was too big for that - if you have the patience for a wall-of-text thinking the whole issue over after a few days with a cooler head, here goes: http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=2922&start=720#p80559
r/SNK - SNK news, curiosities and whatever else you want to put in there

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: June 14, 2012, 03:25:46 PM »
I just watched the match and, while everyone accepts BALA is the best kof player right now, I wish commentators would tone down their fan-girl hype during such important matches. Have some respect for the guys who reach the final.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: June 14, 2012, 04:38:21 PM »
It's been confirmed that Mago is entering KoF at CEO.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: June 14, 2012, 11:46:41 PM »
I just watched the match and, while everyone accepts BALA is the best kof player right now, I wish commentators would tone down their fan-girl hype during such important matches. Have some respect for the guys who reach the final.

I totally second that. It was ultra annoying. Plus the whole crowd was cheering Bala. I am more hyped to watch EVO now to see Bala getting disqualified.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: June 14, 2012, 11:54:02 PM »
I totally second that. It was ultra annoying. Plus the whole crowd was cheering Bala. I am more hyped to watch EVO now to see Bala getting disqualified.

Pretty sure I heard the commentators mention it was his home town, he had his friends in the audience.

Much better than no audience like last time, yes?

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: June 15, 2012, 03:04:59 AM »
Some of the SoCal players showed up as well so they were cheering.

Also, I think it's pretty low that you want to see Bala get DQ'd during Evo. I can understand people wanting an upset because Bala's been so dominant this year but if he's going to lose I'd rather see him lose fair and square. Bala doesn't do anything (besides winning) to warrant that kind of attitude.

I just want to see the best possible matches at Evo and I don't care who it is that gives me those crazy matches.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1300 on: June 15, 2012, 03:40:20 AM »

Also, I think it's pretty low that you want to see Bala get DQ'd during Evo. I can understand people wanting an upset because Bala's been so dominant this year but if he's going to lose I'd rather see him lose fair and square. Bala doesn't do anything (besides winning) to warrant that kind of attitude.

Agreed.

For the record, I want BALA or someone else from USA or Mexico to win Evo. I don't want Japan or China to win. I want to wake up the next morning after Evo to know that I'm living in a continent (or hemisphere) that has one the best KOFXIII players in the world. No disrespect to any players living the east, but I think it's time that the west proves to everyone that we are strong in a KOF game.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 15, 2012, 04:07:42 AM »
I agree. If anything to prove Emil wrong.

;)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 15, 2012, 04:12:00 AM »
I agree. If anything to prove Emil wrong.

;)

Ugh, I hate that guy.  I normally never cared all too much for the international "rivalry" but damn it if that dudes crap didn't make me want any Japanese players coming in for Marvel get completely wiped out...and I usually want them to do well because people give said players too much shit.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 15, 2012, 04:18:56 AM »
He's just mad because Canada isn't on top and he can't anything himself.

I don't care whether Mexico or USA wins. I'll be pleased with either. Both have more than proved themselves at KOF at this point.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 15, 2012, 04:32:54 AM »
For the record, I want BALA or someone else from USA or Mexico to win Evo. I don't want Japan or China to win. I want to wake up the next morning after Evo to know that I'm living in a continent (or hemisphere) that has one the best KOFXIII players in the world. No disrespect to any players living the east, but I think it's time that the west proves to everyone that we are strong in a KOF game.

That would be great. It's even greater to know it's more feasible than ever; having a (North) American win at EVO is nearly as satisfying as KOF finally being at EVO. But right now I don't like the anti-climatic feeling from others that BALA's already got EVO won. Part of the fun of EVO has been surprise; who might pull an upset and how. The ideal hype builder for XIII at EVO for me would probably be Xiaohai takes BALA, but then Reynald takes Xiaohai in GF.

But overall, may the best nation(s) produce great players, and may the best player win.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995