Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 389303 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1320 on: June 16, 2012, 04:43:34 AM »
Well there you go.

Anyway, you know the deal, look around, read up, ask if anything.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 16, 2012, 04:48:21 AM »
Hwa takes time but once you get into him he's like 3S Akuma.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

NissanZaxima

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 16, 2012, 05:22:20 AM »
Hwa takes time but once you get into him he's like 3S Akuma.

Yea he is a ton of fun to use. I really don't know anything about 3s so I am lost on the Akuma comparison, I wasn't really into competitive fighting games back when they actually made good ones unfortunately. I did use to play CvS2 though in college drunk with guys in my dorm, just random button pressing pretty much though. I at least knew some special moves with Sagat, Blanka, and Iori so I always won lmao.
Seattle KOF

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 16, 2012, 05:42:48 AM »
3S Akuma was probably the scariest version of Akuma because his mixups were insane and lead into huge damage and frame traps. Drunk Hwa is a lot like him, only without the low health.

NissanZaxima

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 16, 2012, 06:04:00 AM »
3S Akuma was probably the scariest version of Akuma because his mixups were insane and lead into huge damage and frame traps. Drunk Hwa is a lot like him, only without the low health.

Crazy. Yea my Hwa is like an hour 2 Hwa right now lol plan to get some training room with him this weekend. Right now I hit someone with Jump CD then get drunk and go "Awesome!!...... now what? Did I win yet?"
Seattle KOF

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: June 16, 2012, 06:10:42 AM »
Nah not yet.  First you have to land a D DP, THEN you win.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #1326 on: June 16, 2012, 09:03:09 AM »
try to pick him in every match you play with your best other 2 character in the team
you will learn many things about Hwa while playing

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

-Azula-

• New Challenger
  • The Divine Right to Rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 16, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »
Nissan! Good to see you here, my friend!

Speaking of picking up cheap characters, I'm picking up Yuri. This character is insanely cheap. I just need to figure out how to play with her.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 16, 2012, 09:27:17 PM »
I disagree with the rumblings that Mr. Karate could be broken. Really good sure. Top tier definitely. But not broken.

I mean, just look at Mr. Jarate C SRK, DC into Tatsu, and EX Super is only 435. For 2 bars and a drive you only get that much damage which is on par with most of the cast. Stack that up against Hwa. Shit, if Hwa has you in the corner and does B SRK, DC into D Dragon Tail, another D Dragon Tail, and end with Super that's 408 damage. That's without getting into the fancy shit either. Not to mention Drunk Mode.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1329 on: June 16, 2012, 09:36:02 PM »

I mean, just look at Mr. Jarate C SRK, DC into Tatsu, and EX Super is only 435. For 2 bars and a drive you only get that much damage which is on par with most of the cast. Stack that up against Hwa. Shit, if Hwa has you in the corner and does B SRK, DC into D Dragon Tail, another D Dragon Tail, and end with Super that's 408 damage. That's without getting into the fancy shit either. Not to mention Drunk Mode.

I think most of the complaints stem from the fact that it's high damage just from a dp. Sorta like dp FADC ultra or whatever from SFIV.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 16, 2012, 09:38:57 PM »
While being able to cancel confirm his DP into super for 1drive isn't what makes Karate good. What you said is that basically, Karate can do better midscreen than Hwa in the corner...

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 16, 2012, 09:40:18 PM »
But as I said Hwa can do that too, he just has to put you in the corner. And Hwa can do that pretty easily.

I still don't see him as being broken. A little easy maybe, but not broken. I think people just have to learn that matchup.

TBH Hwa is dangerously close to broken I think.

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 16, 2012, 09:45:04 PM »
I also don't see Karate as being broken, don't get me wrong. I think he's just stupidly good, just as Kyo and Benimaru are.

But what you are saying, is that Hwa can do something in the corner, and actually do less damage, than Karate can midscreen. You're just proving that Karate is better, that's what I wanted you to understand.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 16, 2012, 09:48:16 PM »
I also don't see Karate as being broken, don't get me wrong. I think he's just stupidly good, just as Kyo and Benimaru are.

I agree. That's what I was trying to say. But that was just one example, I mean Drunk Mode Hwa midscreen D SRK... I rest my case on that one.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 16, 2012, 09:50:08 PM »

I think most of the complaints stem from the fact that it's high damage just from a dp. Sorta like dp FADC ultra or whatever from SFIV.

The reason that was messed was more due to the DEFENSIVE applications of FADC.  In SF4, you could throw out DP FADC all day as long as you had the meter, and never had to worry about anything as long as you didn't whiff it.  It was safe on block, and led to Ultra on hit (or in Vanilla, add that a Trade means Ultra without burning any meter...).

Karate's DP actually has to land, if it's blocked, he's dead.

And hey, what do you know, Hwa even Drunk has the same problem if he gets too reckless with his DP (unless you're DandyJ and just say fuck it, I'll neutral activate HD and go wild, which is a big risk in itself).

And Hwa isn't close to broken, unless we're calling broken every time someone has great offense, which does seem to be where everyone seems to go to in every single game these days (can't wait for the eventual Aegis and Chie are busted in P4U).