Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386340 times)

NissanZaxima

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1335 on: June 16, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
I disagree with the rumblings that Mr. Karate could be broken. Really good sure. Top tier definitely. But not broken.

I mean, just look at Mr. Jarate C SRK, DC into Tatsu, and EX Super is only 435. For 2 bars and a drive you only get that much damage which is on par with most of the cast. Stack that up against Hwa. Shit, if Hwa has you in the corner and does B SRK, DC into D Dragon Tail, another D Dragon Tail, and end with Super that's 408 damage. That's without getting into the fancy shit either. Not to mention Drunk Mode.

Karate is really stupid... but that doesn't take away from the fact that the game is mainly about universal options. Karate is definately not broken... people are just pissed that they cant hop around like bugs bunny because of Karate's J. CD and DP.

I think Karate is the best in the game but it isn't like he is Vanilla SF4 Sagat, Marvel 3 Zero, or Metaknight (I dont play Brawl/Smash but I know people bitch about him alot). People will always complain about anything that is good and cheap in a fighting game. I do it all the time. I complain about my team ALL the time when I play lol. Whenever i land a *random* cross up J.D with Benimaru and get big damage from it I usually laugh pretty hard.
Seattle KOF

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: June 16, 2012, 11:12:23 PM »
I honestly think that the best char in the game is shen

like a friend says, he is ''everybody's friend''

Waifu Material

NissanZaxima

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: June 16, 2012, 11:23:11 PM »
I honestly think that the best char in the game is shen

like a friend says, he is ''everybody's friend''

I think with 2 meter and Full HD Shen is the best character in the game (actually probably like top 3)... but without it he is pretty mediocre. I kind of seem him as an insurance plan. If you can set yourself up to where you get down to their last character against Shen with full HD and meter then you win.
Seattle KOF

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 16, 2012, 11:37:35 PM »
Even without meter shen still is a decent to good character, at least I see some people play with him fine without tons of meters since he still could buy decently enough meter and some combos dont' require that much stock

Waifu Material

NissanZaxima

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: June 17, 2012, 12:11:20 AM »
Even without meter shen still is a decent to good character, at least I see some people play with him fine without tons of meters since he still could buy decently enough meter and some combos dont' require that much stock

Yea Shen has some nice stuff for when he doesn't have meter... but his meter to efftiveness ratio is outrageous. He gets exponentially better.

I like fighting Shens because it feels like playing a gigantic game of chicken.
Seattle KOF

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: June 17, 2012, 12:32:14 AM »
Any anchor to anchor battles feel like a gigantic game of chicken, due to the fact that 9 times out of 10, both players have enough stock to kill anyone on one touch.  Hell even Stopgap vs Stopgap can feel like that, though that depends more on the players themselves and their personal tendencies to throw out the big guns in that situation.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: June 17, 2012, 12:33:47 AM »
I mean, just look at Mr. Jarate C SRK, DC into Tatsu, and EX Super is only 435. For 2 bars and a drive you only get that much damage which is on par with most of the cast. Stack that up against Hwa. Shit, if Hwa has you in the corner and does B SRK, DC into D Dragon Tail, another D Dragon Tail, and end with Super that's 408 damage. That's without getting into the fancy shit either. Not to mention Drunk Mode.

At least make realistic comparisons. Obviously, Hwa and almost any character gets a lot of dmg in the corner. For 1 drive 1 stock, Karate can get 469 off of a DP.

But, let's not split hairs here. Damage alone isn't what makes a char strong. Meter gain with qcf A, solid DP that has a brake, safe counter vs attacks+projectiles, 2f SDM, on-hit jump cancellable normals, and strong combos with or without HD are what make Karate strong.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: June 17, 2012, 01:07:03 AM »
The DP with the Brake doesn't have as much invincibility as the A version, and isn't safe on block no matter what (well...in HD, you could cancel to palm).

Counter is only safe/advantaged from medium range and closer.  Any further and any savvy player will blow up said Karate player for trying it, and very few ever try using it on physical attacks.

Everything else you said is fine though.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: June 17, 2012, 01:28:50 AM »
2f SDM
Seriously ? 2f ?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: June 17, 2012, 01:40:51 AM »
He's exaggerating, according to the Frame Data posted, it's 5F.  Still pretty fast all considering.

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: June 17, 2012, 01:49:22 AM »
Personally I consider Billy, Hwa, and Karate to be the best characters in the game. I'm sure some people will gripe over Billy, but whatever it's just my opinion.

Regardless I would say Hwa is easily a shoe-in for the strongest character.

Also, a local made it to top 8 at CEO, Casanova. How awesome is that? Here's hoping he does well.

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: June 17, 2012, 02:00:31 AM »
He's exaggerating, according to the Frame Data posted, it's 5F.  Still pretty fast all considering.
I see, I was scared for a moment.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: June 17, 2012, 02:03:45 AM »
You should still fear the 5f EX Ranbu though...always fear that.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: June 17, 2012, 02:51:39 AM »
Holy shit! Magoe fucking raped Romanc with Hwa!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 03:51:16 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1349 on: June 17, 2012, 02:54:00 AM »
Holy shit! Romance fucking raped Mago with Hwa!

You mean Mago raped Romance...?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."