Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386263 times)

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1545 on: July 04, 2012, 09:56:42 PM »
Latif was in a similar situation with Xiaohai and Dakou that he placed high in SCR, but did not receive evo points.  They quickly fixed Latif's situation and gave him the evo points that he earned (not because of his 2nd place finish last year), but ignored Xiaohai and Dakou....

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: July 04, 2012, 10:18:07 PM »
It's not really about caring about tier lists, but rather how unorthodox that particular list seems to be. In all honesty, I was rather surprised to see Maxima that high.

I get what you mean and it is unorthodox but every time they interview someone they have to ask him about what he thinks of the tier list or the strongest characters; I know it wont stop but I am getting sick of it.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: July 04, 2012, 10:23:48 PM »

Yeah I know but I meant why do you care that much about tier lists. Yeah they aren't obvious choices in the west maybe it's different from where he is.

(I hate tier lists and all that talk about them some people take them way too seriously. I am not saying that you are though)

I don't... I have no idea why you would draw that conclusion.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: July 04, 2012, 10:51:22 PM »
It's not really about caring about tier lists, but rather how unorthodox that particular list seems to be. In all honesty, I was rather surprised to see Maxima that high.

I get what you mean and it is unorthodox but every time they interview someone they have to ask him about what he thinks of the tier list or the strongest characters; I know it wont stop but I am getting sick of it.

Well one thing you have to remember is that to the FG community tier lists are important, especially for Japanese players. So if they can gauge a pro's opinion or perspective of who they think is strong or weak, that'll definitely influence what other players in the community will do. I don't care much for tiers myself, so all I can say is just try to ignore it.

Tikok

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: July 05, 2012, 12:46:02 AM »
In the end it's only his opinion, but it's definitely interesting to hear.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: July 05, 2012, 01:08:09 PM »
Well one thing you have to remember is that to the FG community tier lists are important, especially for Japanese players. So if they can gauge a pro's opinion or perspective of who they think is strong or weak, that'll definitely influence what other players in the community will do. I don't care much for tiers myself, so all I can say is just try to ignore it.

Your right about this and I am not trying to be an ass here but back then people didnt care about tier lists especially the Japanese (atleast for 3rd strike). The picks of the players are becoming more and more based on tier lists and it's annoying.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: July 05, 2012, 09:11:52 PM »

Your right about this and I am not trying to be an ass here but back then people didnt care about tier lists especially the Japanese (atleast for 3rd strike). The picks of the players are becoming more and more based on tier lists and it's annoying.

which is why really good players wipe the floor with seemingly random picks.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: July 06, 2012, 07:06:00 AM »
anyone getting Kof casuals at the imperial palace? Looking to play

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: July 06, 2012, 11:34:01 AM »
Sooo... the Bal... err... Mexico V. Korea exhibition.

Korea was really solid imo, if not for a certain someone I could easily see them winning against team Mexico.

Their play style felt pretty fresh too, doing some unique stuff.

Bala > Team Korea > Rest of Team Mexico
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:52:39 AM by Diavle »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: July 06, 2012, 01:57:09 PM »
^Agreed.

Quick update money match updates: Reynald vs Kaoru: 1-5, 3-5, 5-2.

Kaoru is a beast but as you can see Reynald got progressively better.

Mr Kof vs Kaoru: 2-5.

They only had time for one game but it was closer than the score suggests.

The Koreans are very strong as well, too many matches to update but MadKof beat XiaoHai 3-0, but they still lost to Mexico (20-9). At least 10 games were Bala's wins, if not more. I would rate all the Koreans stronger than Mexico except Bala. Should be technically called Bala vs Korea.

Got pools in a few hours, update later.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: July 06, 2012, 02:33:13 PM »
Pretty sure close to 15 or so of those wins were from Bala.

Thanks for the update, looks like Kaoru is indeed the real deal.

Was that him using Ryo/Raiden/Daimon? Was that Mr. Kof using a bunch of characters and Shen with a green shirt as anchor? If so then I may have caught a few of their last matches on stream. Don't know how he will do against Bala but based on his play I would be surprised if he doesn't make top 8.

These matches and especially the Korean one's got me even more hyped for this tournament, the level of play is just so awesome.

Gotta say though, this tournament would probably have been more exciting if not for a certain wall that no one seems to be able to pass through.

Best of luck in your pool man.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #1556 on: July 06, 2012, 04:39:02 PM »
I caught the 5v5, excellent play. Were the Kaoru matches streamed/recorded?
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

azunadrop

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: July 06, 2012, 05:11:09 PM »
Well, shadowloo is a road to evo event, and Dakou and Xiaohai placed high, so they deserve the evo points.  This is a fairness issue.  

It wasn't, LazieFreddy. It was given to another Australian major, Ozhadou Nationals, which occured before Shadowloo Showdown - hence why Xian went down, played AE and KOFXIII, and took those seeding points. lol

This article also mentions that SS2k12 was not part of The Road to EVO series.

I'm from Australia by the way.

@MezzoForte: The Kaoru matches were streamed on hellpockets twitch.tv account, but it wasn't archived. :(
It was fantastic to watch, hopefully it was recorded somehow. :)

Edit: Best of luck in pools!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 05:30:41 PM by azunadrop »

SaberX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: July 06, 2012, 05:32:42 PM »
Was that him using Ryo/Raiden/Daimon? Was that Mr. Kof using a bunch of characters and Shen with a green shirt as anchor? If so then I may have caught a few of their last matches on stream. Don't know how he will do against Bala but based on his play I would be surprised if he doesn't make top 8.

Yep, that was Kaoru with the Ryo/Raiden/Daimon team.  His Raiden was really giving Mr Kof trouble.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 05:45:34 PM by SaberX »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: July 06, 2012, 06:20:50 PM »
KOFXIII is live at EVO:

http://evo2012.s3.amazonaws.com/live/index.html

Yep, that was Kaoru with the Ryo/Raiden/Daimon team.  His Raiden was really giving Mr Kof trouble.

Yeah, his Raiden was awesome. Very strong and safe pressure, great spacing too.

The last match was a Raiden OCV iirc.