Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386338 times)

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1620 on: July 09, 2012, 07:24:02 AM »

I suggest Atlus get to work on a new shirt for EVO next year. Yellow, with Duo Lon on front, and Chin on back. Somewhere on it would be "U Mad(KOF)?"

HAHAHAHHA that just cracked me up.

A great Idea!

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: July 09, 2012, 07:46:29 AM »
It truly sucks that I had to get play-by-play info on KOF finals from a website versus the stream, but I would've lost my mind watching all of that at work.

In my case there was no choice, had to watch at work  (`m`)9

And now I'll need to watch again.

Couldn't have hoped for better KOF at EVO.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: July 09, 2012, 08:49:03 AM »
Korea just seems straight up hungry these days, from Mad_KoF's magnificent Duo and Chin, to Infiltration completely destroying pretty much any person in his path in AE in a more dominant way than Daigo ever did.

Just when it seemed everyone stepped it up to get on Japan's level (and Mexico in KOF), Korea did that and then made a level beyond that.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: July 09, 2012, 08:59:39 AM »
I would be happy who ever won KOF, Bala or Mad_KOF, I never felt this, but when Bala was trying to pick a character I was shouting characters like the spectators. Then in the fights when Mad_KOF dropped a combo I just said "NOOOOO!!!", yet I said the same thing when Bala dropped combos.

I just wanted both to win, and then the "K.O.F." shouts in the ceremony... Man... that just Hyped me up more, I have never screamed so much in a finals as in KOFXIII. And what is the best, everybody in the FGC is saying the same, KOFXIII was the hypest game in this EVO. 

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: July 09, 2012, 09:06:15 AM »
Question guys, after seen this EVO Finals, do you think KOFXIII needs a small (really small) balance patch? Or did Mad KOF proved that this game is as balance as it can get?

All it needs an online improvement patch :P

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: July 09, 2012, 09:12:01 AM »
With Evo now over I think most will come away with the impression that XIII top 8 was easily the most hype moment of the tournament, everything else paled in comparison. AE in particular was a complete let down compared to last year.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: July 09, 2012, 09:18:02 AM »
KOF13 will definitely be at EVO next year dont see it being replaced had the 2nd highest viewers just behind marvel, 3rd most entrants whether or not those entrants just came for the shirts if mk9 made it into this years evo with last years performance, KOF i dont see going anywhere i hope the guys at SNK saw the reception of KOF13 at this years evo and hopefully theres alot of new players picking up KOF13 after watching this years EVO.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: July 09, 2012, 09:18:23 AM »
Everyone looks tired during AE, but I enjoy the matches. The top 32 or 16 AE yesterday was more hyped
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:21:53 AM by PureYeti »

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: July 09, 2012, 09:32:10 AM »
Duo Lon was probably one of the best characters to showcase KOF to a huge audience. The way he moves in general is magical.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: July 09, 2012, 09:44:59 AM »
Well, I have no numbers... but
Near 10 to 15 games represented (including side tournements), thousands & thousands participants, lot of hype moments... etc... etc...
Just one think I would like to say:
...that XIII top 8 was easily the most hype moment of the tournament...
KoF (XIII) was def. the biggest and better 2D fghting game on our days! No doubt on it!

KoF <3
KoF 4 Eva!  :)

Really hopping that will impulse SNKP, to be more present than they was...

Edit:
Really appreciate that Gouki Win in AE too!  :D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:50:35 AM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: July 09, 2012, 09:57:39 AM »
Question guys, after seen this EVO Finals, do you think KOFXIII needs a small (really small) balance patch? Or did Mad KOF proved that this game is as balance as it can get?

All it needs an online improvement patch :P

Agree so badly.. in my country a lot of players drop it because haven't a real neighbour to play with so the only choice beside big event to gather and compete is the online.. so kof is screwed :/

baikdizz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: July 09, 2012, 02:05:16 PM »
Congrats to Madkof and the korea team Cafeid and congrats to bala too
The first match of the set was so crazy, madkakof did a perfect to billy with duo lon then right after bala kick ass with tod takuma wow and the final was so intense duo lon chin and takuma for sure
Greats show every matches of the top8 was crazy, I which kof13 will be in the lineup of evo13, since is the first Kof at evo,  I think we will see more japanese killers for kof like haregoro naoki shoki kookoo dune etc... remenber fisrt sf4 tournament they was no so many japanese but right now all the top japanese players was here.
With the show of 13 at evo 2012 we will see more killers and kof it's a young game look at the whole tournamaent a lot of combos drop before top8 blablabla we will see
Congrats to kof13, congrats snk playmore for this game, now we want a new kof for 2014 for the 20th kof anniversarry

edit: the new tier list
SS: duo lon, chin, takuma
S:Shen Mr K billy
A to B: everyone else
ahah what a joke

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: July 09, 2012, 05:59:34 PM »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: July 09, 2012, 07:26:21 PM »
With Evo now over I think most will come away with the impression that XIII top 8 was easily the most hype moment of the tournament, everything else paled in comparison. AE in particular was a complete let down compared to last year.

Hey, it's not their fault that Infiltration decided to beat everyone to within an inch of their life...and then Demon the rest of it away.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: July 09, 2012, 07:59:25 PM »
AE was running over 2 hours late. Maybe 5 games is the magic number for an Evo.