Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 386236 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1650 on: July 10, 2012, 01:53:27 AM »
Some words and props from Atlus: http://dreamcancel.com/2012/07/09/a-few-words-from-atlus-regarding-kofxiii-and-evo-2012/

Let's keep things moving around here to keep the KOF momentum and hype going. Who's with me?

I'm with you, I will help however I can.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: July 10, 2012, 01:57:23 AM »
Not going to toot the horn, but Art, the owner of Southtown Arcade, had the idea to chant "K.O.F" before the Top 8 tournament started. Both of us started chanting it and then the whole place kind of exploded in it. I think that really hyped up the room and I'm thankful I got to be a part of that in the front row.

It was magic; I'm proud that I was a part of it!

Tenken

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: July 10, 2012, 02:00:27 AM »
Some words and props from Atlus: http://dreamcancel.com/2012/07/09/a-few-words-from-atlus-regarding-kofxiii-and-evo-2012/

Let's keep things moving around here to keep the KOF momentum and hype going. Who's with me?

I'm with you all the way!  KOF FOREVER!  

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: July 10, 2012, 02:23:43 AM »
Not going to toot the horn, but Art, the owner of Southtown Arcade, had the idea to chant "K.O.F" before the Top 8 tournament started. Both of us started chanting it and then the whole place kind of exploded in it. I think that really hyped up the room and I'm thankful I got to be a part of that in the front row.

That was such a terrific moment, made me feel all warm inside.

Thanks man.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: July 10, 2012, 03:23:46 AM »

I'm with you, I will help however I can.

Same here.

And thanks to Reiki and Art for the chanting, literally made my day.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: July 10, 2012, 03:36:18 AM »

Yeah, that chant was so hype, I even chanted while watching it here at home! KOF! KOF!! KOF!!!

Sonikku

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: July 10, 2012, 05:38:24 AM »
Anyone know what part of the video where the horse head showed up? Omg that was too much

http://i.imgur.com/BWTyf.jpg

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: July 10, 2012, 06:02:30 AM »
Anyone know what part of the video where the horse head showed up? Omg that was too much

I think that was when Bala went 2-1 up..

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: July 10, 2012, 06:17:22 AM »
It didn't matter who he should've stuck it out it with, as long as he stuck it out with SOMEONE on point.  His Shen and Takuma were able to become more effective over the set since Bala kept playing him, but because his point was in constant roulette mode, he never got going at the start of the match short of the one Ralf blow up, and falling behind nearly every game to Mad_KoF's Duo is a recipe for disaster.

Totally agree. I think Bala was trying to find that counter pick to Duo but it seems that Duo cannot be counter picked, or at least MadKOF's Duo. His Clark did really well at first but when Mad got his jump in pressure going Bala didn't seem to know how to get him off without either jumping out or using a gCD.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: July 10, 2012, 06:57:55 AM »

I'm joining in. Hopefully SNK will continue to have our support and one day we will have another great KOF outing on consoles.

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: July 10, 2012, 08:10:54 AM »
To expand on the point made by a few of you.  When MadKoF lost a match, he wasn't switching his team up, he stuck with it through the entire grand finals.  But once Bala started switching it up, he lost it.  Not only did he have no momentum he conditioned his mind into a losing mentality.  You could see it on his face, even when he took that one match after the reset it was just barely that he did that.  Bala is a great player, I think if they were to fight again shortly Bala would do better.

I think it's a problem that some high level players have at times.  They know how to play so much of the cast, when they come up against something like the Duo they say I can counter this.  When staying the course is usually the better choice.  Still that was one of the best if not the best series of games I've seen played in any game.

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #1661 on: July 10, 2012, 08:36:04 AM »

this moment was so emotional
I loved the EVO alot
I hope I can be there next year
speaking of Mad Kof's Chin
I ve seen him using Chin with fiornel (sorry for misspelling) but never used him in the mexico money matches
so I said to my friends he is saving Chin for the tough matches...!

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: July 10, 2012, 10:27:50 AM »

This one is better

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: July 10, 2012, 10:41:46 AM »

^

When I feel a little more rested I might do a mini Evo write up tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:44:00 AM by Kane317 »

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: July 10, 2012, 12:38:42 PM »
I think BALA was put out of his comfort zone.. I didnt think even he himself would feel like this.. 
He was doing what his mate (The Answer) said u should not do, and that is keep changing after a lost.
This is a learning curve for BALA and would in the long run help his game.. I think its more mental.. cos his game is already at the top..

I think it safe to say that Madkof was indeed sandbagging at the 5v5, to get OCVed by Billy in the last match to then defeat Billy Perfect pretty much says it all.

I also think Chin was one of his main problems.. some of those games he couldn't touch him..  Chin would beat him on the ground and beat him in the air..

all in all the top 8 was so so hype, the comeback by BALA in the 8th game was the highlight for me..