Author Topic: Characters with Good/Easy Hit Confirms.  (Read 3202 times)

Maxwell12

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Characters with Good/Easy Hit Confirms.
« on: March 22, 2012, 02:46:40 AM »
Hey there, inspired by Ultrachen's last show and the Orochinagi podcast, I just picked up KoFXIII and the DLC characters.

No surprise here, I'm coming from a Capcom background, MvC2 to be exact, and I'm looking for some beginning characters to pick up to learn the game.

Particularly I'm looking for characters with easier hit confirms in this game, since hit confirming seems to be a bit more difficult in this game. So any characters who's blockstring could also function as a hit confirm would be more in my skillrange, actual combo execution isn't the biggest deal for me.

From just my past KoF experience as a kid, I'm familiar with the skill sets of ex Iori ex Kyo, so I've been training with them, not sure if they are good choices though.

So, any input you guys could give me on this subject would be great.

And if any of you guys are newer players as well and want to get some scrub games in just hit me up on XBL GT: Spoonuser12

Thanks!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Characters with Good/Easy Hit Confirms.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 05:08:55 AM »
Officially welcome to the site Maxwell12, and to a great game. EX Kyo and & Iori are very good in this game now; not overpowered, but have the skills to keep them at mid/high tiers.

To me, a lot of the cast has good hit confirming; just like SF, you'll generally want to start with low, weak punches or kicks most of the time. I might start with characters like Terry (target combo cr.A(x2),cr.C), Ash (charge character), Shen, Yuri, Mature, Duo Lon or Kensou (good rekkas). Others might have different suggestions for easy hit-confirming characters, but I think it's mostly a matter of style.

Hope this helps for starters.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 08:29:22 AM »
i would say look for the characters who have the big 3 and the big 3 is Projectile, anti air and cover distance

so ur pretty much goin for the easy character... imo

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 10:37:47 AM »
Your choice is good. But i'll recommand kensou too, he has a great hadotrap which his an easy way to do a first step in this game (since it's a quite basic playstyle), moreover his target combo (s.B,far.C) is long enough to let you confirm the d.B after it (far.C d.B is a link but very easy) and then do your rekkas.
This character has also really easy combos and his rdp.B his one of the best dp of the whole game.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 05:14:18 AM »
Robert probably has the most generous hitconfirms in the game.  He has two command normals that link into each other, so the window to confirm into whatever is huge.  Easy to do off standing heavies or lows.

A little more about Robert, especially if you're coming from a Capcom background.  He has:
A command grab
A dive kick
A DP
Two speeds of fireballs
A fullscreen traveling charge kick
Can jump off walls
A command crossup
Geneikyaku, which is basically a bunch of kicky kicks that have suction against whatever it connects with.

Basically, Robert has -everything- and is super beginner friendly.

I would also say find characters that have at least a two hit standing hitconfirm (normal into command normal) or characters with 2-3 hit low strings (cr.Bx2 st.B for example is common among the cast).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 05:26:23 AM by JennyCage »
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.

Maxwell12

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 10:17:12 AM »
Robert probably has the most generous hitconfirms in the game.  He has two command normals that link into each other, so the window to confirm into whatever is huge.  Easy to do off standing heavies or lows.

A little more about Robert, especially if you're coming from a Capcom background.  He has:
A command grab
A dive kick
A DP
Two speeds of fireballs
A fullscreen traveling charge kick
Can jump off walls
A command crossup
Geneikyaku, which is basically a bunch of kicky kicks that have suction against whatever it connects with.

Basically, Robert has -everything- and is super beginner friendly.

I would also say find characters that have at least a two hit standing hitconfirm (normal into command normal) or characters with 2-3 hit low strings (cr.Bx2 st.B for example is common among the cast).

In the essence of team building, what position is robert most commonly found?

EX Kyo is working out really well so far, I've also picked up Saiki as another character.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 03:22:09 PM »
Robert can go in any position, he can do well with and without meter.