King of Fighters XIII > Shen Woo

The Pros and Cons of Shen Woooooo...

(1/6) > >>

desmond_kof:
This thread is to share your opinion on Shen's general gameplay advantages and disadvantages, which may be added to his wiki page here: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Shen_Woo_%28XIII%29

Ok, I will start:

Pros:

* High damage output

* High comeback probability factor, best anchor in the game

* Can spend little meter towards a high damage combo

* Solid ground and jumping normals

* Can deal with projectiles fairly well (negate them, EX move and dm's can go through them)

* Easy combo execution

Cons:

* Can't do much with no meter

* Can't confirm many combos from a low attack (only HD combos, d.b > d.a > hcb~f +P, etc.)

* Has trouble anti-airing angled jump-ins outside of the front of his head (CABC is an option but is 2 stocks)

* Has trouble punishing opponents moves, a lot of moves have slow start-up

Anyone agree or disagree with any points?

Feel free to make up your own list!

Matt Alder:
I don't think that I would say that Shen has difficult HD combos. Generally I feel like he's one of the easiest characters to use execution-wise. In fact I might mention in the pros that his combo execution is very easy. I would maybe mention in the cons that he requires meter for his instant grab, since it's only 1 frame if it's the EX version, but also mention in the pros that his EX command grab gives him very high damage combos. Perhaps also worth mentioning is that he builds meter somewhat slowly and also that he can't do much damage without at least 1 drive.

FataCon:

--- Quote from: Matt Alder on April 09, 2012, 11:56:07 PM --- the cons that he requires meter for his instant grab, since it's only 1 frame if it's the EX version, but also mention in the pros that his EX command grab gives him very high damage combos.

--- End quote ---

EX cmd grab is 3 frame startup :(

Saitsuofleaves:
Yeah...Shen's HD combos are INSANELY easy to do.  Worst thing, just timing his Axe Handle + Followup in some of them, and even then...yeah.

Matt Alder:

--- Quote from: FataCon on April 10, 2012, 12:00:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: Matt Alder on April 09, 2012, 11:56:07 PM --- the cons that he requires meter for his instant grab, since it's only 1 frame if it's the EX version, but also mention in the pros that his EX command grab gives him very high damage combos.

--- End quote ---

EX cmd grab is 3 frame startup :(

--- End quote ---

My mind is blown. Why the hell would SNK give Shen a worse command grab than Benimaru? It's like they deliberately chose for Beni to dominate everyone at everything. Ok, yeah, shit. Shen's ability to punish is slightly worse than I thought.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version