Author Topic: SBO Finals thread (video)  (Read 14410 times)

Aion

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: SBO Finals thread (video)
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 06:07:54 PM »
K' is fine the way he is. I mean, he's not broken, he's just really good. It's like complaining about Ryu/Ken in the SF games, they're not broken, just really good.

K' is just way too boring to watch.

Robo-mitsu

• New Challenger
  • His Royal Dudeship
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 06:40:03 PM »
I keep seeing people bring this up and I have to ask:  Which KOF series have you been keeping tabs on?  Top tiers are constantly being seen in high level play.  You get some other characters like Andy popping up here and there.  Like always.  This isn't new.  You can look at any KOf and no matter how balanced people say it is, you still see top tiers A LOT.  In 98UM Krauser is everywhere.  You'll see more variety as time goes by but the top tiers will still be a constant sight.

I know diversity has been a problem with past KOF's. I was wondering if anyone was hoping KOF XIII would be different. I kinda was.
Memento mori...

KusoGaki

• Rising Dragon
  • King of Fighters [UK]
    • View Profile
    • King of Fighters [UK]
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 07:13:41 PM »
Are there any 02um vids yet ?

Dark Geese

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 09:14:22 PM »
FYI the links have already been taken down for copyright issues.

Diversity in KOF...hmmm guys that once again depends on where you are located. Sure give or take some characters are always gonna dominate moreso than others, but a lot of things as I say depend on location. You cannot jump to conclusions as I know most of you have  based off 1-2 regions having tournaments for the games.

Let me give you two examples of this-

1. SBO with KOFXI the dominate team was KGO, and all you saw at EVO and ranking high at EVO in KOFXI at a time was KGO, so people mistakenly jumped to the conclusion because of what they saw in Asia and EVO that KGO is GOD Tier and KOFXI is unbalanced because there are only three in the top tier.  Fast forward to now, most people that have been following Mexico KOFXI know that KGO is not the only top tier in KOFXI, we have ranging from S+ to S-: Gato, Kula, Oswald, Duo Lon Leader, Kim, Eiji, 2p Duck King, Kyo, K' Leader, EX Kyo, and a pretty competitive A Class that can fight the S Class.

2. 2002 UM- Judging based off just Asian match vids people just assumed the Top Tier was K', Nameless, Kasumi, King, Jhun, etc. and some that the game is not that well balanced, when if you have been following Mexico 2002 UM, you will see variation from those that can win tournaments/shut down the top tiers such as regular Takuma, EX Takuma, ANGEL, Yamazaki, Kim, Yuri, Choi, Billy,Iori, Whip, Heidern,Clark, Robert/EX, Leona, Bao (All A Class in Juarez, Mexico) and a large portion of the cast.

What is the point here? EXPOSURE or lack thereof curtains what you see and misleads you into believing things are a certain way when you have not seen it from other countries. Every country has it's own identity guys even in KOF (and within that country in KOF for sure each city has it's own identity, like AI you may see a lot of Roberts, Andys, Shens, but in Juarez you'd be lucky to see ONE Robert/Andy/Shen, that's my point, every city is DIFFERENT), and tiers are different in different countries. Why not instead of trying to overgeneralize about tiers why not try to understand what makes different characters so good in different countries?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 12:52:49 AM by Dark Geese »

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 09:52:16 PM »
^

This.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 11:12:12 PM »
if youtube makes problem, go here:

here they wont be deleted eheh

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 11:30:57 PM »
Good going dude. It looks like there is only 3 that were streamed. What a joke. Glad I didn't pay for that stream.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 11:54:52 PM »
your 2 nice fiol, everybody enjoy.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Dandy J

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 12:51:16 AM »
K' is fine the way he is. I mean, he's not broken, he's just really good. It's like complaining about Ryu/Ken in the SF games, they're not broken, just really good.

Liz is a little broken with her easy link into DM.
k' and elizabeth so about same damage for same meter for the same situation

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 05:04:34 PM »
Funny someone took my vids and upload them to youku with no credit at all, I guess I should have added a water mark or something tag but it was 2am-3am and I just wanted to upload the vids for you guys to see. I guess it's my fault.

Regarding DG comment I think he has a good point, I feel like we at AI are too inffluenced by the vids from Asia unlike in Mexico they see the vids but they don't pay too much attention to the character usage instead they pay attention to what a S+,A+ character does to try to counter it with their own character. I know a lot of people in Mexico who use characters because they like their style or just like the character period not because it's top tier and find ways to work around it and get some better with them. We have a player from the Cali-Mexican crew that goes by Romance, he only uses FEMALE charactes (don't ask me why he just does) and he's been using Yuri, King, Kula/Mai/Mature, and he was getting beat over and over again at the beggining, however he's been able to learn his characters so well now that he can now compete with Reynald, Jon and my self, and I'm sure you will see him in the top 4 in our next tournament coming up in a few weeks.

Remember tier list are based when a character is played at it's highest level, so an A,B character can take down an S any day if the person using S character not as high skill level. IMO
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 05:39:37 PM »
+1.

people who learn leftfield characters usually have the upper hand when facing equally skilled opponents. and ppl who go with the flavor of the week trends usually don't stick long enough with a team to learn it properly.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 06:01:18 PM »
Funny someone took my vids and upload them to youku with no credit at all, I guess I should have added a water mark or something tag but it was 2am-3am and I just wanted to upload the vids for you guys to see. I guess it's my fault.

Regarding DG comment I think he has a good point, I feel like we at AI are too inffluenced by the vids from Asia unlike in Mexico they see the vids but they don't pay too much attention to the character usage instead they pay attention to what a S+,A+ character does to try to counter it with their own character. I know a lot of people in Mexico who use characters because they like their style or just like the character period not because it's top tier and find ways to work around it and get some better with them. We have a player from the Cali-Mexican crew that goes by Romance, he only uses FEMALE charactes (don't ask me why he just does) and he's been using Yuri, King, Kula/Mai/Mature, and he was getting beat over and over again at the beggining, however he's been able to learn his characters so well now that he can now compete with Reynald, Jon and my self, and I'm sure you will see him in the top 4 in our next tournament coming up in a few weeks.

Remember tier list are based when a character is played at it's highest level, so an A,B character can take down an S any day if the person using S character not as high skill level. IMO

Romance is just like me. I only play with female characters, and I'm not going to chance my team (Mai, King, Mature) because of their tier ranks  :) Can't wait to see Romance stuff next tournament

It's cool read what you tell us about mexican players. About S tier chars... I think a A/B can defeat a S character playing in its highest level perfectly. Tier list is made from a objective point view (or mathematic), but a match between two players is not mathematic. It's about strategy and know your enemy. Come on, if isn't like this nobody will play with other character than the God tier or will loose, and it's not like this. For me a pro player is that one who masters his/her character at 100%, no matter if lose or win. But i can understand that when someone is in a tournament he HAS to win, so he's going to use the most safe way to do it, which means to select the the most advantaged character.

meiji_99

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2010, 12:28:39 PM »
i hope there will be more diverse character on future tourney.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:33:30 PM by meiji_99 »

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2010, 05:59:47 PM »
me too but i'd rather see other characters being learnt properly rather than see a nerf (cept for raiden :P)
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 05:45:55 AM »
but i'd rather see other characters being learnt properly rather than see a nerf (cept for raiden :P)

I agree with this, and maybe about the Raiden part :).
People need to pay less attention to tiers list and just use the characters they like.