Author Topic: SBO Finals thread (video)  (Read 14295 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: SBO Finals thread (video)
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2010, 07:21:10 AM »
i hope there will be more diverse character on future tourney.

We used 26 out of 31 characters last tourney, the HD direct feed guy only uploaded the top 8 that's why.  It's pretty diverse if you ask me, but there's always room to grow and we're getting OT...

meiji_99

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 05:55:18 PM »
@Kane317
so glad to hear it.
Btw is this game has good balance, i mean the rest of the cast has good chance to compete with top tier character?
Judging from online video most of the player using k, kyo, raiden, liz, mature, takuma.
pardon me because there is no kofxiii arcade on my country.
thx.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
From the looks of it the tops are K', Raiden, and Elizabreast. Everyone else is High to High-Mid. Except maybe Leona, I've yet to see a single player use Leona. This isn't counting infinites which will eventually be patched out. I mean if we're counting infinites than Mature would be S++++++ for sure. Goes without saying.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2010, 08:27:29 PM »
i disagree, mature's infinite is just that. doesn't make her top shelf all by itself.
and IIRC, i saw leona in the qualifying matches.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2010, 09:08:15 PM »
Without Infinites, I think Mature will still be a solid A+.  She's great without bar, good recovery, good specials (Ex DP+P, qcb+Ps, qcf~hcb+P...), good reach (cancelable d.Bs), good pressure, somewhat easy to use.

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2010, 10:40:40 PM »
I like how Louis ranks Mature as the best character because of her infinite.  I mean obviously the undeniable proof is that she's on "everyone's" team now.  Oh wait.... That's K' isn't it?
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2010, 03:22:59 AM »
...And you can't understand a cheeky comment if it bit you right in the ass.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2010, 04:16:41 AM »
Something isn't bothering you right Louis?
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2010, 08:14:17 AM »
hmmmz, maybe we should start using the [sarcasm][/sarcasm] thingies...
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2010, 12:15:56 AM »
Quote from: Dark Geese
What is the point here? EXPOSURE or lack thereof curtains what you see and misleads you into believing things are a certain way when you have not seen it from other countries. Every country has it's own identity guys even in KOF (and within that country in KOF for sure each city has it's own identity, like AI you may see a lot of Roberts, Andys, Shens, but in Juarez you'd be lucky to see ONE Robert/Andy/Shen, that's my point, every city is DIFFERENT), and tiers are different in different countries. Why not instead of trying to overgeneralize about tiers why not try to understand what makes different characters so good in different countries?

I've already explained this on SRK. Some countries have different tierlists because some countries are lacking in knowledge compared to others. Just because some countries have different tierlists doesn't mean they are equally valid.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2010, 04:10:08 PM »
I think DG has a point a good example would be the Cali-Mexicans here most of them think Robert is top tier and most of them use him when they rarely use K', Kyo, Mature. However they are really good now.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2010, 06:57:29 PM »
I think DG has a point a good example would be the Cali-Mexicans here most of them think Robert is top tier and most of them use him when they rarely use K', Kyo, Mature. However they are really good now.

This has really deviated from the topic but I think they use Robert coz he's more user friendly than Kyo (who isn't too complicated himself).  In fact, I beg to differ, the Cali-Mexicans do use and gravitate towards top tier-ish.  Mature IS being used, Yoshi uses Raiden.  Romance started winning a lot more even taking John out a lot more coz he incorporated Kula and Mature (Rotating out Yuri).  I don't think them winning more, compared to a month ago is a huge mystery; character selection (plus normal improvement) is a major factor.  
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 10:25:26 PM by Kane317 »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2010, 07:37:00 PM »
Aw man more people attempting and using the infinite, playing a combination of those characters is rough lol, pretty exciting tho as I feel its only gonna push everybodies levels further
" you fight well in the old style"

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 08:07:05 PM »
Aw man more people attempting and using the infinite, playing a combination of those characters is rough lol, pretty exciting tho as I feel its only gonna push everybodies levels further

Dude you have got to be the most optimistic person I've ever met, lol. I'm trying to come up with a joke but there's just so many possibilities.

We should team up next time we play so you can get more practice instead of waiting around.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2010, 01:44:22 AM »

Dude you have got to be the most optimistic person I've ever met, lol. I'm trying to come up with a joke but there's just so many possibilities.

We should team up next time we play so you can get more practice instead of waiting around.

haha I try, but that would be cool, I need every chance I get to  level up, gotta keep on the grind
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 01:48:09 AM by metaphysics »
" you fight well in the old style"