Author Topic: Drive Cancel Radio Episode 7  (Read 8901 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Drive Cancel Radio Episode 7
« on: May 08, 2012, 03:10:59 AM »
In this episode, you are introduced to your new hosts...myself and David Kong! We talk with A-Visionz who helped run KOFXIII at Power Up 2012, and chat a bit about the results from Shadowloo Showdown and Seasons Beatings 2012.

http://dreamcancel.com/podcast/DriveCancelRadioEp7.mp3

Listen to the episode then throw us any questions or comments about the show that you may have.

Also, please throw us any ideas for future episodes. Either guests, topics, concepts etc.

We are also looking for co-hosts too.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Youtube link here

Drive Cancel Radio Episode 7 - Transition Show
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 06:06:26 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Drive Cancel Radio Episode 7
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »
Great podcast this time guys. Hope I can get in on it sometime, and would love to hear how other scenes are building up too.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

loowee12

• New Challenger
  • Lets do this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:28:56 PM »
Thanks for the Podcast dude.

I have a comment i didnt know where to post it.  KOF will be played at Toryuken in Toronto on May19th-20th. 
Its not in your upcoming events...maybe you want to add it, or not.  whatever, just wanted to let you know in case you didnt know.   thanks.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 10:58:12 PM »

I have a comment i didnt know where to post it.  KOF will be played at Toryuken in Toronto on May19th-20th. 
Its not in your upcoming events...maybe you want to add it, or not.  whatever, just wanted to let you know in case you didnt know.   thanks.

Is there a thread or post for that event in the upcoming tournaments section here or anywhere else?

ApocryphicV

• New Challenger
  • A-Visions
    • View Profile
    • Apocryphic Visions
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 12:40:28 AM »
Had a fun time contributing to this podcast. Thanks for having me on David Kong & Desmond.

Oh and to clarify, Actionhank from Cincy/Dayton got 5th at PowerUp. Dandy J got 4th.

RockBogard

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 05:49:39 AM »
Great Podcast. David Kong seems like a great addition to the crew. Thanks for putting in the work to get this back up. Get Hype for Podcast Season 2!

Kurdijef

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Turpakellari.com
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 01:49:19 PM »
Thanks for bringing this podcast back!

About Tokido's name. The origin of it is not an Iori combo, more like Iori scrub tactic. His friend called him out for using only three moves. Tobu = jump, kicku = the sweep, DOOUUSSSHAAAAA = what Iori shouts when doing fireball. To(bu)Ki(cku)Do(ushaa) > Tokido. He got it while playing '98.

Hope you can talk strats more often because other fighting game podcasts don't really cover that anymore.
Finnish players from Turku area, visit http://turpakellari.com

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 03:24:23 PM »

About Tokido's name. The origin of it is not an Iori combo, more like Iori scrub tactic. His friend called him out for using only three moves. Tobu = jump, kicku = the sweep, DOOUUSSSHAAAAA = what Iori shouts when doing fireball. To(bu)Ki(cku)Do(ushaa) > Tokido. He got it while playing '98.

Hope you can talk strats more often because other fighting game podcasts don't really cover that anymore.

Welcome to the site Kurdijef. Didn't know that about Tokido; thanks for the info.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Kurdijef

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Turpakellari.com
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 04:44:26 PM »
No probs. Good to see my long-time lurker info was of some help :D

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 05:10:24 PM »

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for that confirmation of Tokido's name!

We will talk strats, but it will be a balance of actual gameplay strats with more player psychology outside of the actual game (like how to overcome nervousness, and how to focus and concentrate).

Thanks again.

ApocryphicV

• New Challenger
  • A-Visions
    • View Profile
    • Apocryphic Visions
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 09:37:23 PM »
Ahh the origin of Tokido's name comes to light. LMFAO I guess my name should be SAB because that's all I do with Clark.

Kurdijef

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Turpakellari.com
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 04:11:50 PM »
We will talk strats, but it will be a balance of actual gameplay strats with more player psychology outside of the actual game (like how to overcome nervousness, and how to focus and concentrate).

Thanks again.
That's just better than I hoped :D

daireangel

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 12:18:53 AM »
Seems like the podcast is in good hands.

Looking forward to new episodes.

If you ever want an opinion piece, I'd be willing to put in my 2 cents.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 05:46:00 AM »
Really good episode, enjoyed it.

It should be cool if you guys talked about less tournament like stuff from KOF, like storyline, color editions, etc.

Also talk about combos, like see the combos that have been released in here or in the 50% combo list and say why or why not that combos is good or bad, etc etc.

Would definitely like to hear that kind of stuff, I would like to also participate on the podcast, but I have no scene here, so I can't really say much about the tournament scene in KOF. lol

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 05:55:04 AM »
Really good episode, enjoyed it.

It should be cool if you guys talked about less tournament like stuff from KOF, like storyline, color editions, etc.

Also talk about combos, like see the combos that have been released in here or in the 50% combo list and say why or why not that combos is good or bad, etc etc.

Would definitely like to hear that kind of stuff, I would like to also participate on the podcast, but I have no scene here, so I can't really say much about the tournament scene in KOF. lol

Glad you liked the episode!

Our focus on the podcast will always be more community/scene and tournament based balanced with gameplay questions and strategies. I don't think many of us who play the game seriously know too much about the story, and colors and other stuff like that. Also, regarding talking about combos, you can just do that here in the forums where it is much easier to read and see. The podcast will also try to help those build KOF scenes in their own where they may having trouble doing so.