Author Topic: Ryo Sakazaki (Arcade Version)  (Read 46726 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Ryo Sakazaki
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 12:12:01 AM »
Definitely cannot parry multi hits just one I tried to parry terry's sC and it would not parry the second hit I was however able to do a dp through it tho it was pretty hard I did it twice out of thirty tries

Thirty times?!  I sure hope that was training mode, otherwise you must have had a repetitive opponent :)  Thanks for the confirmation about the parry.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 06:08:10 AM »
Yeah, it sorta sucks that he doesn't have the many tools and options Yuri, Takuma and Robert have but I don't mind. I've always felt Ryo was more of a safety and conservative character in KOF. At least that's how I play him.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 07:10:54 AM »
i was wondering something. if you jump in and attack with ryo, do a standing or crouching HP, if you perform his HP (C) with B+C, would ryo do his dp in hd mode? if so canceling to his HCB+D right afterwards could easily  be used to creat a good juggle state. anybody?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 07:28:24 PM »
What kind of frame advantage does Ryo have on parry?  I'm thinking the easiest way to deal with all these Raidens would be to simply parry the dropkick instead of block it.  But then again, I don't know much about the parry mechanic since it wasn't in 98.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 08:02:13 PM »
What kind of frame advantage does Ryo have on parry?  I'm thinking the easiest way to deal with all these Raidens would be to simply parry the dropkick instead of block it.  But then again, I don't know much about the parry mechanic since it wasn't in 98.

It's not so much frame advantage that should concern you, he technically should be able to, it's the sheer speed and reaction time you should worried about. Unless you're fullscreen, you're not going to react quick enough (even still it might be hard).  Also he can combo it in a variety of ways so parrying will be out of the question.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 08:55:12 AM by Kane317 »

thwak

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 02:16:36 AM »
Anyone know if you can max cancel out of his zanretsuken?

If so I imagine you could do some pretty neat combos like:  cr. B, cr. A, hcb BD, f b f+A, qcf qcf+AC

Bakuhakubasugasu

• New Challenger
  • Nan da yo?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2010, 04:51:47 AM »
Anyone know if you can max cancel out of his zanretsuken?

If so I imagine you could do some pretty neat combos like:  cr. B, cr. A, hcb BD, f b f+A, qcf qcf+AC

Someone has got to try this out. I was wondering the same but to my own concern I think it might be able to work. I mean, Takuma can drive cancel out of his and go for his command throw or anything else, so hopefully Ryo can do the same.
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets."

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2010, 05:40:19 PM »
ofcourse he can, it was in the tech vids.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2010, 06:13:05 AM »
Speaking of Ryo and his parries, does anyone know if there has been any player who has used those parries as part of their game? I know the parries only parry one hit and you have to be super precise on when you do them, but has there been any high success players who use them?

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2010, 06:41:30 AM »
in my experience with him his parries are really good when you are able to parry one hit specials cause alot of blockstun, or where the special's two hits are far in between  its really good

for example if you block Kyo's double kick special you have to wait till the end of the second kick to do something since you'll be be in blockstun for the duration of the special. now if you parry the first hit you can hit him with a multitude of different specials, dragon punch, ex spin kicks, and set up other things with your drive cancels and supers, neomaxes, what not

Now the problem is actually parrying those specials, in my experience its usually educated guesses, since ryo's parry has a bit of start up its hard to parry fast specials even if you see it a good distance like robert's dash kick it'll hit you before you get to the frame that actually parries

" you fight well in the old style"

Bakuhakubasugasu

• New Challenger
  • Nan da yo?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2010, 07:52:39 AM »
ofcourse he can, it was in the tech vids.

Haha, I should of checked. Its been too long for me now to remember. I been playing wayyyyyyy too many other games to remember. Its good that it does though.
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets."

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2010, 09:09:44 AM »
in my experience with him his parries are really good when you are able to parry one hit specials cause alot of blockstun, or where the special's two hits are far in between  its really good

for example if you block Kyo's double kick special you have to wait till the end of the second kick to do something since you'll be be in blockstun for the duration of the special. now if you parry the first hit you can hit him with a multitude of different specials, dragon punch, ex spin kicks, and set up other things with your drive cancels and supers, neomaxes, what not

Now the problem is actually parrying those specials, in my experience its usually educated guesses, since ryo's parry has a bit of start up its hard to parry fast specials even if you see it a good distance like robert's dash kick it'll hit you before you get to the frame that actually parries

Aren't his parries cancelable anyways?  So you parry the first hit of a multi hit special and then cancel it into a dp...does that work?

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2010, 10:46:08 AM »
Yeah your supposed to input it kinda like an option select anyways so input the dp right after the parry so if it parries it cancel right into the dp if it doesn't then you just get the parry animation but it all depends on the special too like you can't knockout K out of his multihit dp the succession of hits are to fast
" you fight well in the old style"

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2010, 03:16:51 PM »
So I did some experimenting with Ryo today. Specifically, I trying to see if you could cancel from his zanretsuken into his NeoMax. My conclusion is no.

Just to review, the A version ends with a punch that sends his opponent flying back. The C version ends with a punch that sends them airborne. If you cancel into his NM from the A version, the opponent is already too far back for it to connect. Even in the corner, Ryo's fist just seemed to pass right through the opponent. It looks possible, but I don't think it is. If you cancel into his NM from the C version, the opponent is still too high in the air for it to connect. Disappointing. I was however able to connect a Haohshokoken rather easily. 

In my opinion, the easiest way I've found to hit-confirm his NM (other than Max canceling into it from his ranbu) is:

EX Zanretuken -> NM
EX Hienshippukyaku -> NM

The advantage of these is that they can both be done anywhere on the screen, and they're not cancels, so you don't even need to be in HD mode to do them. If you ARE in HD mode, then you have enough time to follow either one up with more attacks without needing to waste any of your HD cancels. Those two EXs are really good.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 06:57:41 PM »
damn i would like to see a vid of some ryo combos. since his ex dm sucks for nm canceling (ex dm does same amount of damage as normal dm when canceling to nm, unless its possible to cancel after the haohshokoken if in the corner, whsat i odubt). his ex zanrutsuken or henshipukyaku look good for juggling into non hd mode nm finishers.