Author Topic: Ryo Sakazaki (Arcade Version)  (Read 46429 times)

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
Re: Ryo Sakazaki
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2010, 08:32:34 AM »
Just saw a vid where he cancelled a naked f+A into super, didn't cost HD gauge, just the one stock for super. I wonder if it works with specials too.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2010, 09:46:59 AM »
Just saw a vid where he cancelled a naked f+A into super, didn't cost HD gauge, just the one stock for super. I wonder if it works with specials too.

I just checked the Mook, it has Super Canceling-Only properties, so specials won't work--this is news to me too (I know metaphysics is going to be ecstatic)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2010, 08:19:44 PM »
no not juts super canceling properties. ive seen it get cancelled into hd mode for even more damage.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2010, 02:09:02 AM »
no not juts super canceling properties. ive seen it get cancelled into hd mode for even more damage.

Iori, Kyo etc can do that as well, prolly can be done with any overhead in the game.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2010, 04:57:03 AM »

I just checked the Mook, it has Super Canceling-Only properties, so specials won't work--this is news to me too (I know metaphysics is going to be ecstatic)
wow I didn't know that, I wonder if it works the same even after sC, F+A combo I'll try it out 2morrow for sure by the way remxi do you have a link for the video? or where I could find it
" you fight well in the old style"

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2010, 08:41:04 AM »
I think it's in the KCE set that just got posted to the front page. Part 2 maybe?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2010, 09:36:30 AM »

I should be more specific, when I said SC only I mean it'll Super Cancel only and not normal cancel (specials).  Of course you can HD cancel it, you can HD cancel any move.

wow I didn't know that, I wonder if it works the same even after sC, F+A combo I'll try it out 2morrow for sure

It'll work after s.C if it has SC properties.  Time to work on your d.B combos for mix ups now :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 11:53:49 AM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2010, 09:38:54 AM »
all attacks? even non cancelable like terrys far D?

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2010, 09:55:11 AM »
It'll work after s.C if it has SC properties.  Time to work on your d.B combos for mix ups now :)
ah yes another great way to open up the opponent's defense, I need to use this more often
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 11:54:09 AM by Kane317 »
" you fight well in the old style"

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2010, 11:55:50 AM »
all attacks? even non cancelable like terrys far D?

It's getting late so I'm getting sloppy.  What I meant is that you can activate HD combos off any normal attack, whether you can truly follow up on it depends on distancing etc.  On that related note, all non-cancelable normals become cancelable in HyperDrive such as Shen's far D, Mai's jump.down+B etc...

Violent Ryo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2010, 07:33:20 AM »

I'm confused about what you mean here, could you clarify in detail please?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2010, 10:50:20 AM »

I'm confused about what you mean here, could you clarify in detail please?

SC-only cancel properties refers to being able to super cancel off that move (Maxima, Terry and Shen's Far C has it as well. Iori's Far B&A and also df.C (used by itself,) also have SC-only cancel properties). Basically, you can't cancel a special off of said move if it was used by itself.  Iori's df.C is cancelable to specials as well as long as you cancel INTO the df.C. Used by itself, only a super will cancel. I think I confused everyone lol.

Since Ryo can do overhead into super, I told Abe to learn his low/overhead mixups well.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:58:55 PM by Kane317 »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2010, 03:50:47 PM »
Watching the latest vids it looks like his parry is less like SF parry and more like MOTW Rock parry, seems to have similar start up too. So yeah, no doing it at the last second and more often than not it becomes a prediction tool, which is also a great tool. I use it a lot with Rock so this makes me a little more excited for Ryo, makes him more of an in your face tank and makes him less straight forward. The option select into a special is very much appreciated, being able to guarantee punish with an EX move or super sounds very interesting.

How's his DP compared to Robert and Yuri? It used to be better than theirs before iirc. Do both the light and hard version have invincibility? Can he anti-air DP cancel into a ranbu super like Robert btw? In one vid the guy did it but the super whiffed after.

Too bad he can't juggle in the corner anymore like in XII, they decided to give that to Takuma.

Anything special about his fireball? Watching the vids it came off as something with really good priority, like kind of a shield in front of him that comes out fast and hits hard. It looks to be placed higher compared to the older years so it makes for a good anti air as well.

And yeah, his neomax isn't as fast as I had thought/hoped it would be.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2010, 12:56:52 PM »
How's his DP compared to Robert and Yuri? It used to be better than theirs before iirc. Do both the light and hard version have invincibility?

I don't know about the hard version, but the weak DP still is good as his older incarnations.  In terms of comparison, I think both Yuri and Ryo's are top notch, Yuri's is not as safe but it's coz it covers more horizontal range.  Robert's might be a tad behind the other two.

Can he anti-air DP cancel into a ranbu super like Robert btw? In one vid the guy did it but the super whiffed after.

No he cannot, they left that for Robert only (questionable if you ask me, they should have gave it to Ryo since Robert already has so many toys to play with)

Too bad he can't juggle in the corner anymore like in XII, they decided to give that to Takuma.

Are you referring to after a qcf+P?  If so, he can still juggle after his qcf+P in the corner.

Anything special about his fireball? Watching the vids it came off as something with really good priority, like kind of a shield in front of him that comes out fast and hits hard. It looks to be placed higher compared to the older years so it makes for a good anti air as well.

Metaphysics has hit me several times as anti-air, it does seem like it has a higher hitbox.  Other than that, his Koken (qcp+P) is very solid.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2010, 09:13:54 PM »
just because people have not seen him do huge corner combos they are stating shit they dont know anything about. ryos zanretsuken into hienshipukyaku can probably be juggled with another hien into dp or other dc cancels or ex moves. after a high juggle i bet ryo can still do 2 hcb+D moves and still juggle on with dp. his main REAL juggle starters are probably (i still havent played, otherwise youd be seeing the shit), dp (dc), HCB+D, f-b-f+A or C (dc) HCB+D, ex f-b-f+AC, ex HCB+BD. you could potentially do dp (dc) EX HCB or f-b-f- but that way youd be wasting both DC and EX bar for the same purpose. by using ex moves and DC seperatly ryo should be able to do huge corner combos. people just still not using him right (ive seen good players, yet none with good combos). people just dont know how beast ryo is in the corner. they think its only reserved for tak, rob or yuri,. they just dont know. also ryo seems like a person that can combo you into the corner from 3/4 of the screen away from it.

then again, if there was a console version wed already be seeing ALL those combos. problem is that its acade only, and for some dumb ass reason every person that ive seen post combos does HD mode combos. every donkey can figure that shit out. im way more interrested in seeing those takuma style corner combos with just ex moves and dc canceling.

so kane, thanx for your chin combos. you one of the few that actually did some dc and ex move combos into exdm. none of that bs hd mode. hd mode is retarded, every donkey and his momma can figure that shit out.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:16:09 PM by MUSOLINI »