Author Topic: Ryo Sakazaki (Arcade Version)  (Read 46412 times)

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Ryo Sakazaki
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2010, 07:37:30 AM »
well I have tested most of this stuff out when I first started playing the game but I totally forgot to write down or note it somewhere so I can't confirm 100%until the next visit, BUT
jump D, s.C, dp (dc), HCB+D, f-b-f+P, ex f-b-f+AC (if possible), HCB+D, and juggle on with maybe even another hcb or dp or super or even a zanretsuken.
altogether this combo won't work, this part specifically (dp (dc), HCB+D, f-b-f+P) after the HCB+D theres just too much recovery to be able to do a Zanretsuken you can even see it in the tech reference, and   (f-b-f+P, ex f-b-f+AC) I believe I've tested this and it worked

now say you started it with an anti air dp then certain things that were impossible become possible you can do dp (dc), HCB+D, dp, ex super cancel, I can confirm this as 100 percent possible, tho its pretty important  where you are, and at what point you DP cancel
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 07:48:01 AM by metaphysics »
" you fight well in the old style"

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2010, 07:54:31 AM »
thanx a lot, could you look into the combos where your opponent goes high enough for 2 HCB+D's to connect, or 1 HCB+D and then a zanretsuken. i know the ex zenretsuken launches them very high, so it would be especially nice if you could do the twice HCB+D without cancelling into that move through the ex zanrutsuken (because that way you both waste hd bar and a dm bar, which would be rather costly). or dp'ing than cancelling into HCB+BD and other alternatives.

thamx a lot.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2010, 08:21:31 AM »
No problem man, I'll look into it but I'm really skeptical that It'll work 2 HCB+D's that's a lot of recovery and if I recall I dont think zanretsuken juggles at all, although you are on the right track with HCB+D, its the major link to other juggles 

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2010, 05:40:19 PM »
in kof 12 you could cancel into 2 hcb after a cd combo, and it didnt even look like like the flew 'that high'. either way, if hcb x2 is possible, hcb then f,b,f is also pssible after 1 hcb.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2010, 06:31:15 PM »
Diavle:  good observations on Ryo but the thing is thats exactly how he has been playing since 96, with the parry game being added in KOF 99 and being refined every year, but so far I think KOF XI parry has been best so far, see here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x23izcCCiaY

Thanks for that vid Violent Ryo. Can't believe that potential Ryo had in XI the whole time.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2010, 03:32:27 AM »
I have always been aware of Ryo's potential cause he is one of my characters in XI (and will be in XIII).
He had sooo many weapons and ways to attack and counter attack different characters.
Just like the rest of the cast, he has less moves now but I am pretty sure he can still kick some ass in this one.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2010, 08:26:58 PM »
soo, meta. you try some of that shit?

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2010, 10:41:33 PM »
Yeah so I've had pretty limited time to test shit out in training due to the tournament coming up but I was able to test some shit out, for one in that japanese video the reason ryo misses the dp cancel into ranbu dm is because he used A version dp, it does not connect under aany circumstances , but C version cancel does, and it works for any dm including the fireball dm

Okay so I was testing the possibility of landing a free 2 hcb+d and the Only way that even came close was ex Zanretsuken you can cancel the end of the animation by the way(get back to this later cuz its important ) when u do the HCB+D it hits like the second of the move and you just kinda sail across the screen when you try the second one. So that didn't work either because A) the second hit does not juggle or B) or it really is that slow.

but back to the cancel animation this opens up alot of possiblities of extending combos by at least one more series  the Ex HCB+BD Juggle into Ex Zanretsuken into Dp, (DC) HCB+D, Dp,  and at this point you can

(DC)'s
EX ranbu DM, regular dm, fireball dm,  And I think another regular zanretsuken or ex, haven't tested that part but if EX does and it should you have the possibility of ( considering you have full stocks ) EX Ranbu, or neomax, by the way after EX Zanrestuken you can straight up Neo max or ex Ranbu DM, corner only for regular dm, with no HD meter. Sorry I really suck at transcribing combos but anyways this is what i got so far I plan on making a list of everything that's possible( That I know of) it just takes me a really long time for me with my shitty write up skills lol

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 06:06:31 AM by metaphysics »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2010, 06:08:59 AM »
I updated my last post

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2010, 12:54:59 PM »
than a lot for the info. do you happen to know if ryo can jump in attack, C or D, overhead into ex zanretsuken?

Violent Ryo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2010, 05:52:49 AM »
meta, thanks a lot for your new info..

was looking forward to EX Zanretsuken > onwards combos/strategies/impressions

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2010, 03:11:45 AM »
dont know if this was mentioned or not, but ryo can do crouching B and link it into his crouching C.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2010, 03:34:35 AM »
Yeah I saw that. I think the combo went something like this:
[corner]  ;dn + ;b, ;dn + ;c, ;dn ;df ;fd + ;a, ;d
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 03:36:35 AM by Aenthin »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2010, 04:02:29 AM »
dont know if this was mentioned or not, but ryo can do crouching B and link it into his crouching C.

Hasn't he been able to do that for years? Did it a lot in 2k2.

Violent Ryo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2010, 04:38:34 AM »

Hasn't he been able to do that for years? Did it a lot in 2k2.

That combo did not work in KOF XII, so glad it's back.

And new Ryo combos in these 2 new videos featuring version 1.1 on SMAOI's channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-FZ1fyX5XE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-FZ1fyX5XE

For example standing Hard Punch > Kou'ken > Heinshippukyaku.  Does nice damage too.  But actually you can connect practically anything off a successful light punch Kou'ken (some out of corner like Heinshippukyaku hcb+light kick).

So there are genuine incentives to use both versions of Kou'ken (qcf+P) hard punch Kou'ken has better range and priority, but light version Kou'ken can be comboed after, but both versions can be cancelled into Supers, EX Supers, and NeoMax.