Author Topic: Dune's perspective on KOFXIII  (Read 21750 times)

Flowtaro

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Dune's KOFXIII
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2010, 07:04:12 PM »
dandy bringing the truth (and rape)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2010, 08:50:51 PM »
Is this guy the "head" of KOF japanese comunity?? LOL Then KOF japanese comunity needs a new head.

KOF is not dying, this guy is killing it...

wut?

Just because the guy shared an opinion of the game doesn't mean that he should be removed to be the head of the KOF community, hell, I can't see how could that happen, he is respected because he is one of the best players of the world, isn't like he is the president of a fan club that you could remove just like that

Like Dandy said, Dune is not killing the game, he is just sharing his opinion, he said that people are returning to play 98UM and 2002UM because that's really happening, if he said ''people are playing XIII all day'' he would be lying, if the most hardcore players aren't vocal with the problems of the game, nobody will do it and we will accept everything that SNKP releases no matter what

He's opinion about that SBO was the end of XIII was true too, lots of people complained about the game being too broken and other shit

Now, about his opinion of that this will be the last KOF, I doubt it, the fighting genre is stronger than ever, SNKP knows that besides all the problems that their games had, they still had an strong fanbase around the world that want and respect kof, even some players that are focused on other games still had KOF placed on their heart, games like 2002UM showed to SNK that people still want to play them

The thing that I think will happen with KOF, is that they will play in a similar way than Arc System Works, they release the game on consoles, fix all the problems that the game had, add some new characters, and release the console game on arcades, using the Nesica service that taito pulled out, SNK amongst others was listed on the companies who would be using the system, I doubt that they will using it to sell Sky Stage 2 and Samurai Shodown Sen Warriors Rage

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 09:44:45 PM »
dunes main point, is that the game is ruined because of the balance issues and glitches and bugs. if this isnt improved and patched, wtf would encourage arcade goers to play this shit? if people have favorite characters, theyd like to play them and stand a chance. and thats not even talking bout them infinites, totally gamebreaking. snkp is really taking way too fucking long with that patch. its an arcade game, why bring it out for the arcades if you cant even make sure the game is handled properly so that arcade goers can actually enjoy the shit and create a scene?

all in all, if they dont fix all the bs im pretty much finished with gaming in general. once every few weeks a few rounds of fighting or few tracks racing with gt5 and thats it. quality games are a dying art, and 13 has way too much potential to let it get fucked up like it has been getting. fix the shit, its just a fucking patch thats done through usb, wtf is their problem?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Dune's perspective on KOFXIII
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 10:01:16 PM »
On a completely different topic,maybe SNKP should strongly consider making arcade cabinet versions of the UM games. They are very popular games and if XIII got sold out quickly, I'd imagine the UM games would go just as fast.

As for Dune's comments, it just seems like he is echoing everything that everyone knows needs to be fixed by the time the game gets a console release. 

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 10:53:10 PM »
I think there are good arguments from BOTH sides, just keep the personal insults/snide remarks to a minimal please.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 10:54:52 PM »
On a completely different topic,maybe SNKP should strongly consider making arcade cabinet versions of the UM games. They are very popular games and if XIII got sold out quickly, I'd imagine the UM games would go just as fast.

ehmm both 2k2um and 98um are available in the arcades lol

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2010, 12:16:02 AM »
Damn.  Dandy J layin the verbal smackdown.

In my humble opinion, arguing about this is stupid.  People aren't going to play games that they don't like, and if the Japanese players feel like 98UM and 2k2UM are better games than XIII, then those are the games that they're going to play.  Complaining and bashing Dune won't change that.  The fact is that XIII has obvious issues and needs some additional attention from SNKP before it can receive more serious play.  As to whether or not that happens, well, the ball is in SNKP's court.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010, 12:58:59 AM »
I still think that Playmore will wait until the console releases to patch the arcade game

Waifu Material

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2010, 01:02:08 AM »
Guess they'll "Playless" in that region until then.

haha... man that was lame.

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2010, 01:11:19 AM »
I liked it, lol

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2010, 01:40:46 AM »
Man I'd at least like to play the game once before I decide I'm gonna think it sucks. What a gyp!

JT_Chill

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2010, 02:03:29 AM »
What is needed from SNKP is a release date for consoles. What is needed from us is support. One man's opinion means nothing, if everyone reading it can think for themselves. But many of us will follow the opinion of one man whether right or wrong. Bad things has happen because of this. People may have missed the opportunities of a life time by following one man's opinion. Wrong thing to do in this case. We need to give SNKP our support on this one.

Dark Geese

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2010, 03:27:38 AM »
what AI guys think about that?_?

My opinion is, they of course need to patch it up and fix balance issues.  Whether this will be the last KOF is too hard to tell, there are too many conflicting arguments (sold out world-wide vs bugs) to tell this early.  As far as lag, the first 2 weeks we experienced a slight loading lag when it was saying round 1, but then it disappeared for till last week I saw it again last week.  It never lagged in game where it matters the most.

Overall, I think we love XIII too much to really care what the rest of the world thinks.  Even the hardcore former 2k2'ers--Huntington Park aka Cali-Mexicans aka Team Chaos, all say they love XIII more when I ask them (it's funny coz between waiting for their turns they'll go play 2k2um, win the majority of the time, then come back and play XIII.  I'll ask them which one they like better and they all smile and say XIII).  I think that's why there's a general lack of interest in any of DG's tourneys (with all due respect) coz everyone is focused on XIII.

What Kane says is the truth, I cannot hold NDE in Cali until 13 hits consoles, and based off what I know about that, that is really the only hope of me holding a tournament in Cali right now because everyone is focused on 13.

Also if you all want to get info from Dune just ask me, I talk to him a lot.

Also in reference to Dune, I can't say anything bad about the guy, I have more than likely had more contact with him than 90% of you on this site, he is why I was able to get Bata and Danke to Mexico for both JuareZ WarZone and Game of Death, it is HE that wants to go to Los Angeles some day, and he is my connection to all things in the Far East in regards to KOF.

In regards to what people like, people like what they like, why do you guys care what someone else likes?

Every country has their own identity, I've said this on my videos and everything else, you won't change that, just accept it and move on..
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 03:31:54 AM by Dark Geese »

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2010, 08:14:23 AM »

Really? I was told that there were never official cabs made for the games.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2010, 09:11:56 AM »

Really? I was told that there were never official cabs made for the games.

official cabs won't be released for those games..actually it ve never happened before for any kof.. why should they do something like that? as far as kof98um is concerned, they did a cheap edition for the mainland china market (KOF98hero).. but there is no use to them on making official cabs for those game..

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo