Author Topic: Geese Tower and USA Travelling casuals and matches  (Read 23838 times)

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
Re: Geese Tower and USA Travelling casuals and matches
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 01:04:03 PM »
DG was supposed to come out here since 07/08. He doesn't like SoCal, Mexico is the only home for him :p

Dark Geese

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 01:30:33 PM »
I will just turn this thread to Geese Tower (no more MightyMar so I have to travel to places to play)

When are we going to have the privilege for you to visit us?  You seem to like going all over the US but you know there's plenty competition in SoCal waiting for you =)

I wanna come to SoCal when 13 hits consoles so I can play you guys in the game I know you guys play. I know you guys don't play the older KOFs so I'm basically buying my time for 13 to come out.

I also wanna plan it to be a tournament around SoCal (Raging Storm SoCal, something with USA vs. Mexico etc) so that I can go to SoCal have a tournament with you guys, have Kula and other people from Mexico (even Japan etc) come up so we can make it something SPECIAL with 13 and other games, and then get to play you guys!!!!

I won't give up, unforseen circumstances have gotten in the way of our previous plans (I was supposed to be going to San Diego or California the end of this month to go to the Tijuana thing but we all know what happened), but that won't stop me!!!

=)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 06:01:09 PM by Dark Geese »

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 11:18:55 PM »
we don't play older kofs as much but i'm sure we can put up more numbers in tourneys in xi, 2k2/um, 98/um than anywhere else you've visited in the US. i mean, it's not like we're garbage in those games that you find better competition elsewhere in the country.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 11:37:17 PM »
I mean, it's not like we're garbage in those games that you find better competition elsewhere in the country.

Yeah, key word is we don't play the older kofs anymore--it's not like we only like the new age stuff, it's mainly coz we don't have the time to focus on too many games as we're getting older.

RJ/4leaf does have a point, no disrespect to other parts of the country, but I'm sure our 2k2UM, XI, 98(UM) level is more competitive here than the rest of the states.  We (other than John maybe) might not be able to keep up with games that Mexico have been play exclusively for the last 10 years, or China in '98, but other than that I dunno why you insist on go everywhere but here.  No love =(

Yes it'll be fun to play international players like the Japanese and the Mexicans, but don't forget about us too in the meantime till that gets setup.  I'm sure if you really wanna a run for your money in XI the Cali-Mexicans and RJ will play you.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 11:46:24 PM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 12:12:49 AM »
DG vs SoCal in KOF XI!!! let's go!!! this will be a true challenge!!!!

Can one man trained in Mexico single handedly defeat and entire nation? well maybe region? ok bunch of guys? lol

The perfect place will be ReveLAtions as part of the KOF XIII tournament June 10-12. Let's go Dark
Geese
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Dark Geese

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 02:25:31 AM »

Can one man trained in Mexico single handedly defeat and entire nation? well maybe region? ok bunch of guys? lol

The perfect place will be ReveLAtions as part of the KOF XIII tournament June 10-12. Let's go Dark
Geese

Where is this????? June 10-12th? Man that is bad timing for me I will just be getting back from Nevada!

But I will certainly accept me vs. everyone in KOFXI/2k2UM/98UM etc.

Let's do this! (Especially since this would be a good chance in the future to play vs. ARMANDO)

So then guys can I plan a future tournament with the older games?? Remember I planned some stuff in the past with USA vs. Mexico (Nouveau Defi Epilogue: The Revenge of Northern Mexico remember guys?) but I heard no one was interested in joining so I pretty much scrapped it.. =(

I was under the impression that no one played the older games anymore period after trying to set that up....but it's good to know at least that people play it!!

Hey then we can try to setup something...which begs the question should I not be able to make it to this June 10-12th tournament-

Should I just wait for KOF13 to hit consoles or should I plan something before guys?

What should I do?

Also man let me see if I can just make that trip a birthday present for me (birthday is June 6th).

RJ whats up man? I didn't know that was you!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 02:41:48 AM by Dark Geese »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 02:37:24 AM »

USA (Everybody and their momma) vs Dark Geese! I would love to see it happen!
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Dark Geese

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 02:38:15 AM »

USA (Everybody and their momma) vs Dark Geese! I would love to see it happen!

Well hey it starts in 2 weeks in Minnesota right????

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 02:38:22 AM »
4leaf = RJ =)  

I dunno if you'll have enough to do a full out tournament, but I'm sure ppl will play FT10 or something for kicks or for dinner/beer/money.

It was moreso to have some casuals in XIII while at the same time play something that you were more comfortable at as well.  Our main focus, always has, and most likely always will be, the current KOF whatever it is.

Dark Geese

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 02:45:55 AM »
4leaf = RJ =)  

I dunno if you'll have enough to do a full out tournament, but I'm sure ppl will play FT10 or something for kicks or for dinner/beer/money.

It was moreso to have some casuals in XIII while at the same time play something that you were more comfortable at as well.  Our main focus, always has, and most likely always will be, the current KOF whatever it is.

Oh okay gotcha, now that I know that I will also be able to play stuff then sure let me look at my colloquia schedule, how close/far is Anaheim to you guys? I have a colloquia I have to attend Middle of July and the only place in California is Anaheim...so like me going to Minnesota to play Desmond next week, I could be in California middle of July..(July 14-17th)

You guys tell me...

-DG

Dojo Destroyer

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 03:45:28 AM »
Dark Geese vs. DirtyWerk is all I want to see! Nothing else matters. Grudge matches are the best! DG, you should do at least a one day open invitational while you're in Minnesota. I think this would settle everything here in Minnesota, and PLEASE make another video!

Dark Geese

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 03:48:33 AM »
Dark Geese vs. DirtyWerk is all I want to see! Nothing else matters. Grudge matches are the best! DG, you should do at least a one day open invitational while you're in Minnesota. I think this would settle everything here in Minnesota, and PLEASE make another video!

Sure thing man...one day open invitational thing is that day really only can be Thursday when I arrive because Friday, Saturday and Sunday I will be gone from 8-5 to my PhD residency.

That grudge match is on him, and if he accepts I'm shooting for perfects against him just to send a message to everyone else if they run their mouth like that what is going to happen to them!!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 04:15:01 AM by Dark Geese »

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 04:52:28 AM »
I know it's not my business, but I think this is the sort of attitude more people would be appreciative of in general. See people eye to eye, squash the beef, deliver the goods. I think at this point it's overblown in your own mind what people think of you in the states, but if you just show up to the gatherings/ majors, answer those who call on you like what SoCal and MN are essentially doing, and play whichever heads have something to say (versus talking or blogging about them) then you'd be surprised how easily you can erase whatever stigma exists in actuality. This is stemming from your supposed standpoint that you're just better off in Mexico given the circumstances. Maybe you shouldn't care, but making the effort demands only respect.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 04:58:13 AM by MezzoForte »
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 05:54:18 AM »
Here you go DG!

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=827.msg14355#msg14355

If you need housing I'll be happy to house you for a week if needed my friend. It would be great to have you as a commentator for the stream.

and of course we'll have everybody training and preparing for your visit as soon as you make the call.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 09:27:56 AM »
4leaf = RJ =)  

I will accept 98um and 13 matches for Beer and Dinner!
I'm THE SHOW! all you need to bring is the food and the booze!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF