Author Topic: Geese Tower and USA Travelling casuals and matches  (Read 23839 times)

Dark Geese

Re: Geese Tower and USA Travelling casuals and matches
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 02:00:49 PM »
I know it's not my business, but I think this is the sort of attitude more people would be appreciative of in general. See people eye to eye, squash the beef, deliver the goods. I think at this point it's overblown in your own mind what people think of you in the states, but if you just show up to the gatherings/ majors, answer those who call on you like what SoCal and MN are essentially doing, and play whichever heads have something to say (versus talking or blogging about them) then you'd be surprised how easily you can erase whatever stigma exists in actuality. This is stemming from your supposed standpoint that you're just better off in Mexico given the circumstances. Maybe you shouldn't care, but making the effort demands only respect.

I understand this, but at the same time people have to understand that I cannot be traveling everywhere all the time. I have to look out for my own interests because what happens if I keep traveling everywhere?

People get spoiled by it and start expecting me to keep doing it all the time (See Final Round primary example). That's what happened in the USA basically. All I am doing now is taking care of as many things as I can while I am going to be in the areas themselves anyways since this is not making an actual tournament.

Now I won't be able to do this all the time, so I hope people don't expect me to be traveling all the time again around the USA...

I'm just killing two birds with one stone.

I don't want people expecting that I am going to keep traveling to a lot of places on an annual basis all the time because that's not gonna happen. It's gonna be if I can do it I will.

Otherwise if they wanna get mad about that again we will be right back where we started. If I was traveling all over the USA people would be fine when I did go to their place, but then they'd easily forget the next year if I don't!!!

Again who am I taking care of here? What about what I want? I feel all this time I've been taking care of everyone else and not taking care of myself (and in turn I got burnt out and tired of it).

So what have I been doing? Taking care of myself (I realized I have been going about this thing backwards, how can I hope to take care of others if I am not even taking care of myself?).

Again I just hope by me going everywhere and like to FR when 13 hits the locals don't start EXPECTING me to show up every year because that's when there is a problem, when people EXPECT me to show up to places every year..

My focus areas in the USA are the following:

SoCal and Minnesota.

John you vs. me in 98UM??? I'm ready!!!! (I know Kula will be watching!!!)

Let's do this!

Oscar- I may or may not be able to make that. Especially since I will be in California the month right after I have to look and see...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 02:36:56 PM by Dark Geese »

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2011, 11:42:04 AM »
DG, Whenever you come down to So Cal i will play you in general. I'll even play you in SVC......i can use 99 percent of the cast to a cheapness. Either way we'll have fun...but i won't be losing for sure  :)

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Dark Geese

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 02:21:58 PM »
DG, Whenever you come down to So Cal i will play you in general. I'll even play you in SVC......i can use 99 percent of the cast to a cheapness. Either way we'll have fun...but i won't be losing for sure  :)

Great well I am certainly looking forward to this because I will be in Anaheim middle of July...

and you know you vs. me in like anything everyone is gonna watch lol.

EDIT: Oh yeah about the losing- WE WILL SEE ABOUT THAT! =0
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:40:28 PM by Dark Geese »

Dark Geese

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2011, 02:32:55 PM »
In Minnesota right now and let me tell you LadyButterly from Cambodia is quite strong!!! I am sure you all will enjoy the matches I will upload to my youtube channel (with Desmond recording and me also from the MacBook eventually) in 98UM, 2002 UM etc when I return Monday.

-DG

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2011, 04:39:07 PM »
Fuck yeah! I wanna see this, I'm sure you are getting plenty of training for the SoCal challenge!!!
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Dark Geese

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2011, 05:54:07 PM »
Fuck yeah! I wanna see this, I'm sure you are getting plenty of training for the SoCal challenge!!!

She's good in 98UM Oscar we were going head to toe back and forth (I gotta pull out my #1 to #2 team with her. We are gonna run it back some more Sunday)! She was telling me about how they play in Cambodia, vids don't do her justice. I think she can hang with me, Mr. KOF etc in 98UM that's how good she is!!! She brings a unique style of play to the table took me a little bit to get accustomed to it!

She has a nice Athena, Vice, EX Yuri, O. Yashiro, Shermie.

Oscar I MAY be able to make ReveLAtions it is possible I will keep you posted when I get back. That would be when we can have the SoCal Challenge.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 05:59:05 PM by Dark Geese »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2011, 07:02:27 PM »
Oscar I MAY be able to make ReveLAtions it is possible I will keep you posted when I get back. That would be when we can have the SoCal Challenge.

0_0! Keep me posted.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2011, 07:31:21 PM »
DG, Whenever you come down to So Cal i will play you in general. I'll even play you in SVC......i can use 99 percent of the cast to a cheapness. Either way we'll have fun...but i won't be losing for sure  :)

Man I wanna see this SvC dopeness!!! Let the SvC Renaissance Begin!!!

Dark Geese

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2011, 08:13:01 PM »
DG, Whenever you come down to So Cal i will play you in general. I'll even play you in SVC......i can use 99 percent of the cast to a cheapness. Either way we'll have fun...but i won't be losing for sure  :)

Man I wanna see this SvC dopeness!!! Let the SvC Renaissance Begin!!!

This may be happening next month!

My schedule would be like this:

1. Now Minnesota
2. Nevada next weekend
3. LA the weekend after the 26 hour drive to Nevada lol...xD

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2011, 02:28:45 AM »

She's good in 98UM Oscar we were going head to toe back and forth (I gotta pull out my #1 to #2 team with her. We are gonna run it back some more Sunday)! She was telling me about how they play in Cambodia, vids don't do her justice. I think she can hang with me, Mr. KOF etc in 98UM that's how good she is!!! She brings a unique style of play to the table took me a little bit to get accustomed to it!

She has a nice Athena, Vice, EX Yuri, O. Yashiro, Shermie.

I remember seeing a vid of a butterfly player playing 98um way back. I could see that this person had great execution and had great fundamentals.I didn't even know Butterfly was a girl up to now LOL. I will give butterfly the credit that she deserves by her hanging with you in the game. Jokingly I would respectively say if i played her i'd have make her want to go back in her cocoon  stages  :)  All jokes aside, a girl playing KOF and being good at it is HOT. It's even better if they're cute too while kicking ass. Shoot i'd kill for  a KOF girl like that. I've only met two in my life...and trust me when i say they were Cuuuuuuuttttteeee...alll the guys make a big fuss when a girl whoops a guys ass!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Dark Geese

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2011, 04:37:46 AM »
Yo well she trains in Cambodia she's got the skills man trust me..she doesn't play here in the USA. Again vids don't do her justice just like you John, vids don't do you justice either. As I've told people you can't judge a book by its cover...

Here are some casuals from Day 1:

2k2UMT:

98UM:

Dark Geese

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2011, 07:47:35 PM »
Vids from yesterday and 5-19-11:

2k2UMT:

5-20-11 98UM Casuals:

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2011, 06:09:13 PM »
Here are some of the stream archives from last night's stream:

Dark Geese vs myself in 2002UMT

Dark Geese vs myself in KOFXI

Dark Geese vs myself, Tones and Ladybutterfly in KOF98UM

Dark Geese, Ladybutterfly, Tones and myself playing KOF2002UMT

Dark Geese vs myself and Tones in KOFXII (for nilcam!)

Thanks for playing with us Dark Geese, I have learned a lot, and I hope the others did as well. See you in the fall for Raging Storm: Minnesota 2011!
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2011, 07:20:19 PM »
Good stuff guys, I really enjoyed the stream. I was watching on and off.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Dark Geese

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2011, 07:48:59 PM »
Here are some of the stream archives from last night's stream:

Dark Geese vs myself in 2002UMT

Dark Geese vs myself in KOFXI

Dark Geese vs myself, Tones and Ladybutterfly in KOF98UM

Dark Geese, Ladybutterfly, Tones and myself playing KOF2002UMT

Dark Geese vs myself and Tones in KOFXII (for nilcam!)

Thanks for playing with us Dark Geese, I have learned a lot, and I hope the others did as well. See you in the fall for Raging Storm: Minnesota 2011!

No problem just got in and made it home. Special thanks to Desmond for housing nice meeting Sina (Ladybutterfly), playing with TONEs and going around Minneapolis and St. Paul!! There are quite a few videos I even have left to upload from me and Desmond playing....

Rule of thumb people need to realize- Whether you choose to go all out in casuals or not, realize that if you do go all out in casuals that there are people like me that are watching and methodically dissecting your every move only to use that against you.....(see 98UM first day me and Ladybutterfly played and on the stream, I got to watch some 98UM matches while in school, made a world of a difference I knew exactly how to counter her style).

Comparing me vs. Ladybutterfly in 98UM the first day and on the stream guys is a clear example of a serious negative consequence of choosing to give it 100% all the time in casuals. People like me will download your information and then you will be completely exposed!!!

All I view and treat casuals  for are a way to warmup, experiment, and GATHER INFORMATION. I do not care if I am winnng or losing in casuals, they are meaningless...the most important thing is staying warmed up and again GATHERING INFORMATION if your opponent is going to reveal it to you...

For example I've gathered enough information without watching any videos in 2k2UMT to know I can use Takuma effectively vs. Ladybutterfly to nullify her King. There is no telling what else watching all the videos will tell me.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:05:39 PM by Dark Geese »