Author Topic: New Challengers Pre-EVO Warm-up tournament in Stratford CT. Sunday June 24th.  (Read 1631 times)

asap_ct

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
EVO is around the corner and CT will be going in full force so now its time to squeeze in the last couple of practice tournaments while we can!!!!

Where: Gaming ETC. 555 Lordship Boulevard, Stratford, CT.
When: Sunday June 24th, 2012
Starts: 1:00 pm on the dot.
Venue Fee: $10 You must pay venue if your just playing casuals (Girls dont pay venue)
Games: King of Fighters 13, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter 4 AE & VF5:FS
System: Xbox 360
monitor: Asusvh236h
Tournament fee: $10 per game
Stream: TBD
Call the store if your going to be late call or text me BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS!!!! at 203.446.6528

Food: Outside food is not allowed in the venue.
Smokers: The venue has a policy of no smoking by the front door. If you are going to smoke, please do so in the grass across the the parking lot.

PLEASE RESPECT THESE POLICIES

We will have setups now separately in the back, so you can play casuals while waiting for your turn in the tournament. Also feel free to bring in your own setup to play the game you want(space permitting)

http://www.facebook.com/events/411446785560940/?context=create

So all of that was copy-pasted from the facebook link / srk thread and I just wanted to get the word out here on Dream Cancel.

In terms of KOF, and more specifically KOF 13, we have about 8-10 dedicated players in CT and we're (albeit slowly) growing. We always have at least 2 XBox setups with all characters + DLC unlocked and sometimes 1 ps3 setup. The venue is good; it's spacious, there are plenty of ASUS monitors available for extra setups, it's air-conditioned, the staff is generally helpful, and we, as a community, are open and inviting.

Now that we've gotten over logistics, I just want to personally invite anyone from the east coast and especially New England area players to come out to this tournament OR the tournament being held next Sunday (Jul 1). I would like to see the community grow for this awesome game because I feel like it doesn't get the respect it deserves, especially on the east coast.

If you have any questions you can post them here, send me a private message, or Tweet @new_challengers
It's not my twitter acct, but it's the Tournament organizer's / super OG fgc member's : bacardi (aka walter).

TL;DR: Tournament on consecutive sundays (June 24 and July 1st). Guaranteed KOF 13 presence. Nice venue and hype matches in Stratford, CT at Gaming ETC.