Author Topic: Health Values/Defense modifiers?  (Read 2224 times)

bbq sauce

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Health Values/Defense modifiers?
« on: June 20, 2012, 05:35:11 AM »
So I noticed in training mode.. it's obvious that the same combo, does the same damage numbers against all of the cast. Which is normal by today standards. Opposed to older games (3S, Guilty Gear come to mind), where higher defense chars took less damage.. and the health value was the same across the board.. the trend with more recent games is that the combos all do the same damage, and the cast has varying health values.

But today, I noticed that it also seems as though the same combo deals the same damage percent wise, as well?

IE I do a 900 damage combo on Yuri, then do it on Maxima.. it does the same amount of damage both, by the numbers and by the life bar. So I tried a few other chars, and the results seem to be the same?

Does each individual character have the exact same health/defense?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Health Values/Defense modifiers?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 05:40:51 AM »
All characters have the same health in KOF, there is no difference. Be it Yuri or Daimon, your combos will do the same damage.

The only difference is that some characters have a larger guard gauge (only Maxima and Ralf iirc).

bbq sauce

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 05:47:31 AM »
Interesting.

Thanks for the quick reply, bruv.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 10:37:22 AM »
You also should pay attention to attack and defense modifiers. The only defense mod I know is Shen's Bakuten (Explosion) gives 20% defense buff.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 10:41:04 AM »
The only difference is that some characters have a larger guard gauge (only Maxima and Ralf iirc).

Ralf and Clark 125 Guard Gauge units, Maxima and Goro have 150.  Everyone else is 100 if I'm not mistaken.