Author Topic: Robert Garcia (Arcade Version)  (Read 15810 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Garcia
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 05:33:25 PM »
wadda ya think mr kof? do you think he was going for a jump  ;d or was he trying to do a normal  ;dn ;db ;bk ;d in the end of the combo? cause if so, would it be possible to do another dp, maybe cancel that into dm if theres enough bars?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 07:36:22 PM »
wadda ya think mr kof? do you think he was going for a jump  ;d or was he trying to do a normal  ;dn ;db ;bk ;d in the end of the combo? cause if so, would it be possible to do another dp, maybe cancel that into dm if theres enough bars?

I don't think he was trying for a regular air.qcb+K, it'll be too slow to connect and the dp+P idea wouldn't work too as the opponent was pretty far by then.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 01:05:10 AM by Kane317 »

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 12:14:50 AM »
wadda ya think mr kof? do you think he was going for a jump  ;d or was he trying to do a normal  ;dn ;db ;bk ;d in the end of the combo? cause if so, would it be possible to do another dp, maybe cancel that into dm if theres enough bars?

I don't think he was trying for a regular air.qcb+K, it'll be too slow to connect and the dp+P idea would work too as the opponent was pretty far by then.

Jumping D was his best option to hit his opponent. Like Kane has said it was too far to have that combo turn into another combo. I would say it was a great situational combo...but dayam....that was terrible spamming of down B,b,b,b,b,b, during the start lol. Oh wait terry wanted to answer with a crouching a while an opponent jumps over them? I think this was rigged or that Legendary Wolf would starve eventually.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 01:05:47 AM »

I don't think he was trying for a regular air.qcb+K, it'll be too slow to connect and the dp+P idea would work too as the opponent was pretty far by then.

Jumping D was his best option to hit his opponent. Like Kane has said it was too far to have that combo turn into another combo. I would say it was a great situational combo...but dayam....that was terrible spamming of down B,b,b,b,b,b, during the start lol. Oh wait terry wanted to answer with a crouching a while an opponent jumps over them? I think this was rigged or that Legendary Wolf would starve eventually.

Don't be hatin' =)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 02:44:20 AM »
i think i saw him missing that air kick during the corner combo afterwards though.

also in the comb posted where he ended with jump  ;d, the ex airkick he did was jumped backwards, which makes better follows impossible if he would have done it like cammys air move shortcut it might have worked and continuing maybe could have been possible.

basically he did  ;dn ;db ;bk ;ub ;b ;d and jump a lil too far back to continue better. had he done  ;dn ;db ;bk ;uf ;b ;d, just how close would he have ended next to the opponent. i think this way he would have been able to continue the combo in a better and more damaging fashion. its probably too hard to constantly do for him, since he also missed the version he did when he tried to do it againg in the corner (second method is harder than first).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 02:50:59 AM by MUSOLINI »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 03:57:19 AM »
i think i saw him missing that air kick during the corner combo afterwards though.

also in the comb posted where he ended with jump  ;d, the ex airkick he did was jumped backwards, which makes better follows impossible if he would have done it like cammys air move shortcut it might have worked and continuing maybe could have been possible.

basically he did  ;dn ;db ;bk ;ub ;b ;d and jump a lil too far back to continue better. had he done  ;dn ;db ;bk ;uf ;b ;d, just how close would he have ended next to the opponent. i think this way he would have been able to continue the combo in a better and more damaging fashion. its probably too hard to constantly do for him, since he also missed the version he did when he tried to do it againg in the corner (second method is harder than first).

I don't even know if the "Cammy Shortcut" even exists in the kof world, someone needs to test it out.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 04:02:55 AM »
checked the vid, maybe he didnt go for it. think i saw a punch in the air.

but indeed, somebody needs to chweck it out.

SolidSonicTH

• New Challenger
  • I actually like K' more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 02:47:02 PM »
Are those combos in the tech reference good starter combos or are there better BnB combos to learn with him?

I like using Robert (he's the anchor character in my sub-team) but I feel like I'm just getting by with him, without really knowing anything that makes him stand out. A few quick, low-damage combos would be a good way of getting somewhere with him.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 08:21:48 PM »
Are those combos in the tech reference good starter combos or are there better BnB combos to learn with him?

I like using Robert (he's the anchor character in my sub-team) but I feel like I'm just getting by with him, without really knowing anything that makes him stand out. A few quick, low-damage combos would be a good way of getting somewhere with him.

I've tried robert for a while and i would say that a good bnb would be cr.B, cr. A, f+B, f,b,f+K.

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 06:22:51 PM »
it's hard to pull off db~f+ K right after Robert's basic combo start ups. When do you actually charge the db? o.O
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2011, 10:02:21 AM »
it's hard to pull off db~f+ K right after Robert's basic combo start ups. When do you actually charge the db? o.O

Charge it immediately after you press f+A.  It should be explained in this thread already.

EDIT: I stand corrected; it was explained elsewhere.

---

First page has been updated for the console changes:

- (shown in video) stand CD has faster startup
- You can’t roll recover after being hit by his NEOMAX
- (shown in video) LK Hien Shippuu Kyaku {charge db~f+B} has faster startup, such that it can be comboed from light attacks.
- (shown in video) his f+A floats the opponent upwards if done by itself
- (shown in video) EX Genei Kyaku has less lag afterwards. In the corner you can follow up afterwards without using a drive stock.
- EX Ryuuko Ranbu has more lag after being blocked.
- (shown in video) EX Ryuuko Ranbu has had the damage for each of its hits adjusted. The entire move does the same damage, but its damage in combos has been buffed. The finishing hit now does 100 damage by itself.
- Haoh Shoukou Ken has faster startup and will combo from strong attacks.

Yamamoto – There’s no invincibility on Robert’s f+LP {f.A}, but when trading with a jump attack, it’s still possible to juggle afterwards. It’s a one command move, so good to keep in mind as an anti-air option. Not only can weak hien-shippukyaku combo from weak attacks, Ryugekiken is useful against opponents who roll forward.

Blue!

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2011, 05:06:29 AM »
Noob question, but I'm wondering about the following hit-confirm combo:

- cr. B x2, f+B, dp+C

It hardly seems possible to link or chain a f+B from a cr. B considering how slow the startup animation is.. is this actually doable in the console version? :o  I can't seem to get it.  I've just been adding a st. A between cr. B and f+B.

Thanks.

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2011, 02:01:52 PM »
No good.  cr.B is special cancelable and you can connect EX Ranbu from it but cannot connect fwd+B.  Only cr.A/C/D can be followed up with command normals.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

Raynex

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Emptiest of Hops
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2011, 08:51:52 PM »
Hey guys. I was just wondering...what is Robert's playstyle like? What's are his strengths/weaknesses and best position on a team?
Random: "Man, KOF XII is such an awesome game!"
Iori:

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 02:01:01 AM »
I dunno.... Robert always felt like a footsie/mid range fighter to me but I'm not sure on how to play him.  I need to settle this once and for all.  I need to know how to play Robert.  XIII Robert has pretty much almost every option I wanted for him and I have no idea how to play him.  Generally I do fast AA's with st.A and st.B(arcs up pretty high), zone with more A FBs with a light mix of C FBs, up close poke with cr.B,st.C, st.CD.  Dunno what to use air vs air... j.CD?
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.