Author Topic: KOF Community Growth and Outreach  (Read 39590 times)

chessmaster

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF Community Growth and Outreach
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2013, 03:25:42 AM »
Sorry for bringing this thread from the grave, but I have a couple questions and didn't know where to post them. Anyway, I'm really interested in kof 13 but my understanding is the online is dead and there's no big scenes in america. So if I get the game will some of you guys play online with me? if the online really is that bad, I'll still get the game for the single player content when the price drops more. but would you guys recommend I get the game despite online being dead? I'm asking if you guys will play because I will probably get very little offline action, if any. I only have a few friends into fighters and they don't play kof, mostly mk, injustice and Mvc.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2013, 05:21:19 AM »
Sorry for bringing this thread from the grave, but I have a couple questions and didn't know where to post them. Anyway, I'm really interested in kof 13 but my understanding is the online is dead and there's no big scenes in america. So if I get the game will some of you guys play online with me? if the online really is that bad, I'll still get the game for the single player content when the price drops more. but would you guys recommend I get the game despite online being dead? I'm asking if you guys will play because I will probably get very little offline action, if any. I only have a few friends into fighters and they don't play kof, mostly mk, injustice and Mvc.

If you are looking to play ONLY online then you'll be disappointed. The game is playable at 4/blue bars but it still has very noticeable delay and to get those bars depends on the location of your opponent and your connections and ping to each other. Plus since not many people are online at all these days so you'll be looking forever for a match, or a good one.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

chessmaster

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2013, 08:34:58 AM »
thanks for your insight. i think i may get it as soon as my budget allows anyway.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:36:50 AM by chessmaster »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2013, 05:01:28 PM »
What system do you have? I believe it's around 15 bucks on PSN and it's 29.99 on XBL. It's cheap.

chessmaster

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2013, 09:29:46 PM »
i have xbox 360. And yeah i think its around $30 at gamestop but i haven't been able to find it at any local gamestops. Do you know if you need a lot of memory space to download it on xbl?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2013, 09:55:45 PM »
i have xbox 360. And yeah i think its around $30 at gamestop but i haven't been able to find it at any local gamestops. Do you know if you need a lot of memory space to download it on xbl?

It's just 2 gigs. And even if you don't play online often, you can try it out with the rest of your friends that play other games and see if they might mess around with it or not.

Zachary Unitedstates

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
I played a couple matches yesterday on XBL and I think it varies on time of day.
Steam - Zachary Unitedstates
XBL - WhichGuyThisGuy

AlexTwo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: KOF Community Growth and Outreach
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2013, 04:12:54 PM »

If we find that we have a good connection, I'll play with ya when I can. It may be good since I'm also a beginner.

To everyone else though, as a beginner how can I get people interested in LEARNING KoF with me? It seems like the only people who want to learn are at Juice's stream, but I want some offline action too. I got a friend of mine to get the game based on the art/characters, but he has NO interest in actually learning or improving.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2013, 04:34:33 PM »

To everyone else though, as a beginner how can I get people interested in LEARNING KoF with me? It seems like the only people who want to learn are at Juice's stream, but I want some offline action too. I got a friend of mine to get the game based on the art/characters, but he has NO interest in actually learning or improving.

The way to get people to be interested in learning KOF is to not try to get them interested in all.

The interest and desire has to come solely from them. If they want to learn and want to improve they need to have that within themselves. You can't really GET anyone to become interested, they have to be inspired.

The way to inspire people is that you have to do it yourself, and make it known that it is fun and enjoyable.

I didn't try at all to get people interested in KOF in my local scene. All I did was make it known that I play, that I enjoy the game and that I want to get better. Then the truly interested people came to me (or they found me).

Just keep playing, keep practicing and letting people know that you play KOF. Don't be annoying with it on some "my game is better than yours" type stuff. You gotta be care-free with it.

chessmaster

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: KOF Community Growth and Outreach
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2013, 04:15:58 AM »

If we find that we have a good connection, I'll play with ya when I can. It may be good since I'm also a beginner.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2
Okay great. I'll let you guys know as soon as I get the game. I also have kof 2k2 um, if anybody plays it.