Author Topic: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012  (Read 186753 times)

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2012, 02:12:33 AM »
SNKP hasn't attended TGS for several years now. I don't expect that to change this year.

My guess is SNK is already working on KOF XIV, though.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2012, 05:39:01 AM »

Highly doubt it. I don't think they're gonna get to it anytime soon.

Like everyone else is saying, you're better off hoping for another panchiko game (and WTF are these "cell phone hentai games" they make? o_O)

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 08, 2012, 06:32:04 AM »
Releasing PC version with improved netcode will be good for the popularity and life of KOF13.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 08, 2012, 09:37:31 AM »
SNKP hasn't attended TGS for several years now. I don't expect that to change this year.

Well they need to get advantage of XIII's exposure somehow.

There's actually a really good chance they'll do an arcade update with 3-5 new characters. They need to do something to get the game back in the top 10 most played in Japan.

My own personal estimate puts the development cost for 9 months and a small staff of people somewhere around say 100-150K. Depends on how many characters though. I'd bet anywhere from 3-6 personally. That is assuming fully complete characters, no KOF12 version of Mature. Then there's the possibility of headswap or EX characters like EX Ralf, Garou Terry, and Kim's Sons which would obviously cut some corners.

Let's say a quarter of the people who bought 13 on consoles pay $15 for 3-6 new characters. Though it would probably be closer to $20 because Micro$oft and $ony take half of all digital sales. Roughly 25K people would buy DLC at $15 would be about 375K, half that goes to SNKP so 75K on both consoles. Possibly more because mostly diehards like us bought 13 and it's highly likely that closer to 50K would buy the new characters.

No freaking clue what they make off the arcades in Japan and Hong Kong. That most likely is the deciding factor.

Unlikely that they would tweak the netcode again unless Atlus flips the bill for patching. There's a decent chance of that though.

I would guess if they're going with DLC plus tweaks we'll get Adel and Oswald because they did some work on them and the assets are there. Plus 2-3 headswaps and fanservice in the form of Geese or Rock.

Or just more pachinko and cell phone hentai games...

Well if they do something about the netcode those numbers will be much higher imo
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:39:07 AM by Eripio69 »

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2012, 01:45:31 PM »

Rewriting the netcode isn't an easy task and tweaking it wont do anything, they have to build it from the beginning in order for it to be good.

Releasing the game on PC would solve a lot of their problems. They can rewrite the netcode again on it and the DLC policies that companies face with Sony and Microsoft are not present on PC (lets say Steam). The problem is that the Japanese still didnt transcend to the PC market.

I am not optimistic about SNK revealing anything in TGS maybe a pachinko game thats it but still I have my finger crossed.   

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #245 on: September 08, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »
SNK will not update KOF XIII any more
I think  they will save KOF IV for the next generation consoles.

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 08, 2012, 04:13:06 PM »
Just gimme KOF MI RA on PSN already!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 08, 2012, 04:19:22 PM »

Like everyone else is saying, you're better off hoping for another panchiko game (and WTF are these "cell phone hentai games" they make? o_O)

Other than Witch Toucher I remember they released a bunch of Loli games for cellphones. They used to be on the SNKP JP site but I can't find it.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 08, 2012, 04:21:48 PM »
Releasing PC version with improved netcode will be good for the popularity and life of KOF13.

Also, I agree completely.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 08, 2012, 07:49:10 PM »

Also, I agree completely.

Yesterday it was revealed that Valve has been talking with tons of Japanese companies to release their games on Steam, and I could totally see KOF XIII being one of them

Waifu Material

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #250 on: September 08, 2012, 08:24:17 PM »
>the DLC policies that companies face with Sony and Microsoft are not present on PC (lets say Steam).

60 day delay in SSF4AE and SFxTK says hi

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 08, 2012, 09:50:38 PM »
>the DLC policies that companies face with Sony and Microsoft are not present on PC (lets say Steam).

Honestly, I saw this more as a politic to avoid illegal downloads on the same day of release of the versions that are supposed to make money (and SXT juar juar)

Waifu Material

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #252 on: September 09, 2012, 01:31:24 AM »

That's because of Games For Windows Live.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 09, 2012, 07:40:00 AM »

Highly doubt it. I don't think they're gonna get to it anytime soon.

It wouldn't make sense for SNK to pay their developers to do nothing. Either they've shut down their gaming division, or they're paying them to do something.

We haven't heard anything about their gaming division closing, so the logical conclusion is that they're working on something.

KOF XIII was a success for SNKP. Now, there are several ways to build off a successful game. They could use the experience and talent to bring back another (less popular) IP, like Fatal Fury, Metal Slug or Samurai Shodown. This is somewhat risky. They could use the experience and talent to create a NEW IP. This is even riskier. Or, they could simply make a sequel to their successful game. This is the safest option.

Given SNKP's history, I'm guessing (just a hunch) that they're going with the safest option.

All in all, I'm pretty confident XIV is already in the works. But it may be a while before we hear about it.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 09, 2012, 09:15:18 AM »
A disc update would get them more money but who knows how successful it would be. Hate to say it but the fighter market is a little flooded but then again this is entirely for the diehards so... I don't know.

How can you see into the future to tell that the market will be flooded when it comes out?

It's hardly flooded now. What with the fantastic failures of SFxT, Skullgirls, BBCSEX and SCV? The small, but dedicated VF community? The fact that the only ones going to have a decent community are going to be P4A and TTT2? That DOAV may end up being a catastrophic failure like everything else Team Ninja has put out in the last few years? The possibility of Capcom putting their fighting division on hold like they do for everything that doesn't do well for them?