Author Topic: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012  (Read 188214 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2012, 12:57:33 AM »
Hwa on 1st is kind of a waste. He's so much better with meter on 2nd or 3rd. Might as well use Joe on 1st, he's good at zoning.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2012, 01:33:37 AM »
Guys what do you prefer the current grab of the game or a command for the grab like in XII? Personally I'd prefer the a command button less random in my opinion and makes the game more strategic.

So what do you think guys?

I prefer how it is now, go with the "capcom" alternative and you just end up with the same boring tic throws etc. It could work if you let throws retain their current range, so that they do exactly the same thing but with a different input ofc, but i'm comfortable with this and don't see a need for change.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2012, 01:40:09 AM »
Hwa on 1st is kind of a waste. He's so much better with meter on 2nd or 3rd. Might as well use Joe on 1st, he's good at zoning.

I agree with you on this but he builds meter alot. Personally I prefer Hwa in second point.

@ The Fluke: personally I prefer the tic throws over the option select throw. As I said a throw can be more tactical if they were like they were in KoF XII.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2012, 02:22:23 AM »
hey, don't touch my grabs!
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2012, 02:30:39 AM »
KOF doesnt need a grab like SFIV. There are so many ways to open your opponent, adding that too will become ridiculous. Btw that's the main reason I don't like SFIV :P As the dude above me said, DON'T TOUCH MY GRAPS!!!

@Louis Tnx m8, Gonna try a lof of thore you suggested till I find the one I like playing with. I am currently trying out EX Kyo.

@SPLIPH I know m8 but Elizabeth with stocks is more difficult to be rushed down cause of the EX command grab leading to good damage.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:32:51 AM by Eripio69 »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2012, 03:04:08 AM »
Two button throws work better in 3D fighting games if you ask me.

In 2D fighters they just seem like nothing more than a panic button. Jump in? Blocked? Throw. Wake up? Throw. Jab? Throw. Do anything? Throw.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2012, 03:19:41 AM »
Two button throws work better in 3D fighting games if you ask me.

In 2D fighters they just seem like nothing more than a panic button. Jump in? Blocked? Throw. Wake up? Throw. Jab? Throw. Do anything? Throw.

Ooo man come on. 3rd strike had the 2 button grab. The grab in 3rd strike was very tactical ( the kara grabs just changed the whole dynamics of the game). BTW if you can read his throw then he's in trouble; you can punish his throw attempts.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2012, 03:41:19 AM »
I think two button grabs work best. They lead to a lot of tick throws and setups. Depends on how the game is designed though, you can't just throw it in there and have it overlap with other inputs like in Samurai Shodown V SP which has two button grabs but the way they work is kinda' retarded.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2012, 05:27:54 AM »
In SF games in general, I think regular throws are way too strong (Super Turbo).

I believe games like MOTW and KOF have better throw systems that work well in a 2D fighter. Tick throw game is still there, but players aren't constantly mashing throw after every move to prevent being thrown or to throw their opponent. It's just obnoxious. In 3D fighting games, not the case, since grabs in those are very specific, and generally attacks will beat out grabs, unlike in 2D fighters where you can be thrown out of attacks.

Another thing that annoys me is when both players go for a throw at the same time and things happen like they both whiff or one of them gets his throw while the other whiffed. The throw priorities are just off the wall sometimes.

In Samurai Shodown V SP's case, the throw system was really silly. If both players throw at the same time, Player 1 would always win.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2012, 05:58:42 AM »
If anything, get rid of normal throws and give everyone a command grab that can chain into other things.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2012, 06:03:17 AM »
In SF games in general, I think regular throws are way too strong (Super Turbo).

I believe games like MOTW and KOF have better throw systems that work well in a 2D fighter. Tick throw game is still there, but players aren't constantly mashing throw after every move to prevent being thrown or to throw their opponent. It's just obnoxious. In 3D fighting games, not the case, since grabs in those are very specific, and generally attacks will beat out grabs, unlike in 2D fighters where you can be thrown out of attacks.

Another thing that annoys me is when both players go for a throw at the same time and things happen like they both whiff or one of them gets his throw while the other whiffed. The throw priorities are just off the wall sometimes.

In Samurai Shodown V SP's case, the throw system was really silly. If both players throw at the same time, Player 1 would always win.

Yeah super turbo throws are ridiculous, their damage is just too high. The current throw can be mashed also, when someone jumps on you and hits you early, it doesn't matter if it's a cross up too, you can hold back and mash C and you'll grab him; that's why I am saying it's random. For beginners, when they want to punish they usually grab their opponents by accident rather than punish.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2012, 06:35:55 AM »

ST just has weird ass throws in general. ST has quirks that just don't work in other fighters for the most part. I don't think MOTW has tick throws like in KOF. Unless you're using a character with a command grab but the way MOTW works, it's really difficult to get a throw in if the other guy plays turtle. KOF has it's own unique tech throw system. I don't mind it certainly and it has it's own quirks like 8 frames of throw invincibility on wakeup which I personally just don't like but it doesn't seem to bother a lot of people.

V SP is a unique case, if you try to throw someone you're either going to dash through them or like you said 1P always gets their throw. You know how a throw whiffs in V SP? You either jump straight up or dash back as they try to throw you and considering the huge damage you can get off just 1 hit in V SP it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2012, 12:05:40 PM »
There is no EX Kyo Guide in characters section? :(

bopper

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2012, 12:15:00 PM »
Dunno if i am misunderstanding now but the EX Kyo threads reside in the regular Kyo section :)

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?board=95.0

Hyun Sai

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2012, 12:48:03 PM »
The invincibility frames against throws on wake-up and after blockstun is what many people like about KoF. No to mention that with that level of offensive game, command grab characters, and characters that can combo after throws in the corner would be ridiculous.

I certainly prefer this over the SF4 system, by far. The less guessing game on wake-up, the better.

2 things though :

- Tech-throw on recovery frames should not be possible.

- Accidental throw when wanting to punish with C or D and doing back or forward direction just AFTER pressing the button is very awkward, and happens even in high level play.